Obama's record on gun control

CHC:

I'm not basing my vote this election on the gun control issue. I firmly believe its a moot point. I don't think either candidate will make any significant changes to existing gun control laws in the next 4 years. I'm voting for Obama because Romney scares the shit out of me on several other issues that I feel strongly about.

I can respect that. Obama instills that same fear in me. his(an his party's) views and stance on some other important issues have and will make my living more difficult. Prior to November 6th I will continue to think you are a pinko commy and you can think me the fascist pig....On the 7th I would still buy you a beer and swap hunting stories....lol. Just different views. Mind if I ask what you do for a living?

PS, I would invite you too Virgil

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

It is all a waste of time anyway. In about three weeks his number will be up anyway

Hey now, be careful about those predictions that can bite you in the ass. ;)

New York doesn't matter anyway, that was decided long ago. If you want to be catered to, move to Ohio, PA or Florida. :biggrin:

I can respect that. Obama instills that same fear in me. his(an his party's) views and stance on some other important issues have and will make my living more difficult. Prior to November 6th I will continue to think you are a pinko commy and you can think me the fascist pig....On the 7th I would still buy you a beer and swap hunting stories....lol. Just different views. Mind if I ask what you do for a living?

PS, I would invite you too Virgil

LOL, that sounds like one hell of a plan, but I'd want to invite Felonious_Monk too. True Libertarians are a rare breed.

I am sure his stance right now is he is against it. He is trying to keep his job, which he would not do if he came out for a treaty to increase gun control. After November IF he is elected again, his whole attitude and demeanor will change. He has nothing to lose then.

Edited by bubba

I am sure his stance right now is he is against it. He is trying to keep his job, which he would not do if he came out for a treaty to increase gun control. After November IF he is elected again, his whole attitude and demeanor will change. He has nothing to lose then.

I realize this will fall on a lot of deaf ears, but this simply isn't how our government works. The Founding Fathers were a damn smart bunch of guys, one man, even the POTUS, isn't making radical changes to the Constitution, no matter how he feels on the subject.

Edited by Sogaard

they have to start somewhere. I listened to him in the debate the other night. He wants to ban many types of guns.

Bubba, if that is what you want to base your vote on, that is your right and I'm not trying to change your mind. If all I was looking at was gun control, I would vote for Romney too. For me, this election goes way beyond that. This thread was never about me trying to convince people that Obama was more pro-gun than Romney. That would be ridiculous. I can't, however, stand by and let people spread lies that try to manipulate voters into thinking something that just isn't true.

I know, I know. I was actually slowly trying to back out when that guy brought up the whole UN crap again. It aggravated me enough that I had to look into the specifics of it because I knew the claims weren't true.

I deal with politics and electoral procedure all day long. I really need to avoid this section and stick to the hunting forums. This place is supposed to relax me and lower my blood pressure when I visit, not raise it. ;)

• Like 1

Pawlee, while I dont agree with Obama, etc, the UN small arms treaty stuff is all fear mongering, just check SCOTUS case Reid v. Covert for info on what would happen if the UN small arms treaty was signed by the US. Basically, there would have to be an ammendment to the constitution to get around it. They would also have to reverse Section 18 U.S.C. 926(a) of the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986, which makes a national gun registry illegal.

More tax on anything is my biggest fear at this point. Government needs to shrink, bring in term limits, enable job creation and the return of manufacturing and leave me the F alone. Thats why I feel that either of the current choices are a real hard pill to swallow. Niether of them will do what really needs to be done.

• Like 2

nickle a round and $25 a firearm. They expect a legal challenge. If is goes through what do you think the next increase will be? I bet that tax gets increased the day after a favorable court ruling.

No let me put on my tin foil hat. With Obama's ties to Chicago, does anyone think he didn't know about this?

No let me put on my tin foil hat. With Obama's ties to Chicago, does anyone think he didn't know about this?

And so what if he did? Are you asking if he knew about it or are you suggesting that he's behind it? Just what we need, another conspiracy theory.

And so what if he did? Are you asking if he knew about it or are you suggesting that he's behind it? Just what we need, another conspiracy theory.

Knew about it...He still has close ties back there to those running the show.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club