Thieves

Doc

Sorry Doc, I can't stand a thief, but with all the experience I've had with Cuddeback cameras and their customer support, they probably saved you years of frustration. May want to staple a thank you note to the tree.

Actually it was the best camera that I had. Far better than my Bushnells and my Primos. It was not the IR model and was meant to take some frameable night pictures. And it did a very good job of that. I used it more to take pictures of critters other than deer, and it was the only camera of that quality that I had to do that.

I have to wonder why they don't make these cameras with some kind of code that you have to put in during the initial set-up. That would make the camera useless to anyone other than those that had the code.

ten there would be ways ot break the code and it would cost more, so people could complain about the cost.

No, there already is a bunch of things that you have to put into the camera during set-up. A five or six digit code literally would cost no more. And not everyone knows how to hack codes .... lol.

Two things. First- using a camera that emits a bright, visible flash isn't always the best of ideas particularly on state land. Secondly, leaving any personal property on state land and expecting it to not "disappear" is a bit naive. Not trying to bust your stones, just giving my perspective. People nowadays are freaking scumbags who don't realize that while yes it IS an expensive game camera, someone had to EARN the money to buy it!. Nothing worse than having some low life take what you've worked so hard to acquire.

Sorry to hear that Doc, that sucks. Did you have a lock on it?

No lock or no metal box. I was relying on the fact that it would take someone with armor on to come in from the state land side. However, I have a driveway that is about 1000' long and it passes within view of the camera. We are constantly getting people driving up thinking it is some old 1-lane dirt road. I'm starting to think it was somebody that came into my driveway and somehow spotted it. In fact it may be that it wasn't even a hunter. But anyway, I mistakenly counted on the fact that no one but me can really get to that spot. It really is acres and acres of multi-flora rose on the state land side with no trails through it. It's way more likely that the thief came in from my side.

Gottcha. Ive been using those Python locks from Master. They work great, and I even use them as the strap that holds the cam on. I just put a bungee around the tree to hold the camera in position, then put the Python in place and tighten it up. After its on there, remove the bungee and youre all set. $10 - $15 to save a hundred(s) of dollars piece of equipment is cheap cheap cheap.

Never had one stolen but I recognize it would be relativley easy to walk off with one. I thought about putting a sticker on my cam that says "If you plan on taking this camera you'd better find the other one I have nearby, cause it just took your photo.... Did you smile for the camera?"

In all seriousness, it really sucks that a fellow hunter (presumably) would do that!!!!

Sorry to hear,hate theives.Its the same scum buckets that leave garbage in the woods.

Exploding camera is the only option with a finger print tab to disarm it. Theives try to open it up or remove it and it explodes disables them and then tree come down and finishes the deal. LOL ...Just kidding!!

I am pretty sure that leaving stands, blinds ect. is

illegal on stateland. I don't know if cameras apply though.

I have a buddy that recently had his blind stolen. The sole purpose of the blind was to take his 7 years old daughter hunting. Imagine her dissapointment when they get to the hunting location only to find one of the 2 chairs sitting there and the rest missing. I wish people would think about how their actions affect others.

Never had one stolen but I recognize it would be relativley easy to walk off with one. I thought about putting a sticker on my cam that says "If you plan on taking this camera you'd better find the other one I have nearby, cause it just took your photo.... Did you smile for the camera?"

In all seriousness, it really sucks that a fellow hunter (presumably) would do that!!!!

I'm not sure it was a "fellow hunter". The more I think about it the more I'm getting convinced that the point of access was right from my driveway. If you saw the density and the surrounding acres of multiflora rose, I really doubt that anybody came in from the state land side. Also, there is a 6' long tire mark in front of my driveway where somebody spun out. My guess is that it was somebody in a hurry to get the heck out of there. That means it could have been anybody. Could have been a delivery truck driver that spotted it and came back later, or just one of the many people that come up our driveway by mistake, or just somebody that pulled up in there to relieve themselves (lol ... they do that a lot). That is one of the problems with having such a long driveway without any visibility to most of it. But anyway, the thief may not have been simply a wandering hunter.