My string finally got here!

WNYBuckHunter

I got my new string and cable today and they look great! I am taking my bow in to the shop tomorrow to drop it off so they can string and tune it. With any luck, Ill be shooting next week! Ill be putting some serious practice time in since I havent shot in almost a year. The lesson I have learned from all this is that I need to own at least 2 bows!  :)

Well, with the season getting close, the guy was swamped. Took just over 3 weeks after we figured out the exact measurements. I was starting to wonder though. When I do get another bow, this one will be my backup, and I will practice with both of them regularly so that I can shoot just as well with either one.

Yeah Im thinking I may have the guy make another string for me and Ill put it in my archery parts bin. I stopped over at Bullzeye today and dropped off my bow and started looking at some of the bows over there. Ive been looking at the Elites, but they do not carry them there anymore, though the owner wouldnt say why. After talking to him for a while, I think Im going to stick with my original plan of buying Hoyt. I shot the Maxxis 35 and my lord its nice. I am thinking that will be the one I go with. I might get the Alphaburner if I find a good deal on one.

Yeah Im thinking I may have the guy make another string for me and Ill put it in my archery parts bin. I stopped over at Bullzeye today and dropped off my bow and started looking at some of the bows over there. Ive been looking at the Elites, but they do not carry them there anymore, though the owner wouldnt say why. After talking to him for a while, I think Im going to stick with my original plan of buying Hoyt. I shot the Maxxis 35 and my lord its nice. I am thinking that will be the one I go with. I might get the Alphaburner if I find a good deal on one.

Interesting comment about the Elites. Aren't they made in the area? That would be interesting to find out why they dropped the product.

Would it make any sense to try to duplicate the bow you have now (as closely a possible) since it's primary purpose is to be used as back-up?

Doc

I have only been in Bullseye Archery a couple times and mad purchases . I thought they were pricy and the guy in the Archery / Gun area had an attitude . Maybe I wasn't spending enough money there . Anyway , I don't stop there anymore when I am in the area .

I wonder if Bullseye dropped Elite or if it is the other way around .

Maybe they are a good shop if you go there enough . They turned me off .

Interesting comment about the Elites. Aren't they made in the area? That would be interesting to find out why they dropped the product.

Would it make any sense to try to duplicate the bow you have now (as closely a possible) since it's primary purpose is to be used as back-up?

Doc

I found it interesting that they dont carry Elite anymore too. Yeah they are made in Henrietta. All he said was he wasnt playing that game anymore, so maybe their factory support isnt as good as some people have said. He said the 3 brands they are currently carrying have great support and warraties, plus numerous years of history behind them. I know Hoyt has a good rep for quality and good service.

I have no intentions of getting another PSE after the crap I went through with this one. The whole reason for getting another brand of bow is to make sure it has good, accessible to me factory support.

I have only been in Bullseye Archery a couple times and mad purchases . I thought they were pricy and the guy in the Archery / Gun area had an attitude . Maybe I wasn't spending enough money there . Anyway , I don't stop there anymore when I am in the area .

I wonder if Bullseye dropped Elite or if it is the other way around .

Maybe they are a good shop if you go there enough . They turned me off .

Bullzeye doesnt have a gun area. They are a bow only shop. I think you are mistaken as to what shop I am talking about. Bullzeye is the shop behind the Outdoor Store on 5&20 in Bloomfield, right near Toomeys Corners.

Traditions Archery on East Henrietta Rd is an Elite Dealer . He has a pretty nice shop . The guy that runs the shop came from around the syracuse area

I know the guy that runs and owns Traditions. Hes originally from Lima. His old shop was up on Black Lake. His parents babysat my daughter when she was very young. I also purchased my first bow through him. He knows his stuff.

what string did you get?

when i bought my pse bow madness xs the string was junk ,

so i replaced it with a zebra hybrid z twist ($19.99)

1000's of shots later it still looks and works like new.

I got a custom string through H&M Bowstrings. I read good things about their strings and it looks like a very nice piece. We will see how it holds up.

They only opened last year lol.

If that's the case , I owe a big apology . The place I thought was BullsEye Archery is the store on the southeast corner of Rt 444 and Main St (rt 30) in Bloomfield . If that isn't the place then I owe Bullseye an apology for dissing them .

The place I was talking about has a long porch on the west side where you park and the bow shop is in the north end of the building ........

Here she is! I took this after I got done sighting her in. I still have to tweak it a bit after the string is broke in, but Im shooting 2 or 3 inch groups out to 40 as it is now. Im going to shoot it for the rest of the week and then really start dialing it in this weekend, the string should be all set by then. Ill take a couple of closeups of the servings that Rich at Bullzeye did on it, pretty cool work.

DSC_6173.jpg

DSC_6175.jpg