Which Camera to Get - LLbean.com

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/508809?nav=gnro-hp#/llb/shop/507977?nav=ln-508809&thumbType=0

Having had bad luck in the past with trailcams dying just out of warranty, and LLbeans exceptional LIFETIME warranty on anything purchased through them, I'm limiting myself to cameras on the above link only.

Anyone have any recommendations?

thanks for the input Paula, landtrac : I have a friend who returned a 15 year old pair of boots, new boots in return no questions asked. My muck I got from philipsons ae wearing out after 5 years... wish I'd have known about bean at that point. Oh well.. I know where my next boots are coming from, also my nikon rangefinder from herbs bit the dust after 3 years, again.. bean sells rangefinders.

have had Moultries cameras for years no major issues & will continue to buy Moultrie cameras

STAY AWAY from wildgame innovations had nothing but problems right out of the box 4 cameras all went back multiple times cost me more in shipping then the cameras were worth

My 2- I40's Moultries had some kind of software issues on the display. They repaired for free, but it did cost me $30 for shipping. I f these issues arise with L.L.Bean, would they give u a new camera?

Yup , refund or replacement, no questions asked. Lady I called to verify their policy stated that they hold purchase histories for 5 years, beyond that you'd need the receipt to get full value, if price had gone down or whatever.

have had Moultries cameras for years no major issues & will continue to buy Moultrie cameras

STAY AWAY from wildgame innovations had nothing but problems right out of the box 4 cameras all went back multiple times cost me more in shipping then the cameras were worth

My Problem cameras were wildgame IR4's, I also have a nikon rangefinder that won't range over 40 yards :(

Cuddeback attack IR. Got one for christmas changed the batteries in the spring and im still using the same ones. Can record videos and has many options for time between pics as well as a "plot watcher" feature. It is silent as well no camera noise that i can hear, unlike my wildview which scared the shyt out of me one morning.

Cuddeback attack IR. Got one for christmas changed the batteries in the spring and im still using the same ones. Can record videos and has many options for time between pics as well as a "plot watcher" feature. It is silent as well no camera noise that i can hear, unlike my wildview which scared the shyt out of me one morning.

I've seen lots of poor reviews for this one :(

so right now I think I've chosen the winner , the image quality seems a little below the moultrie , but it triggers way faster, and I don't need magazine quality pics to know what's around and when. they both time/temperature/phase stamp everything, which is nice.

Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Max @ $249.00

Quick Facts

Trigger Time: 0.595 s

Recovery Time:3 s

Detection Range:50 ft

Flash Range: 70 ft

Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries

Dimensions: 6.5" x 4.5" x 2.5"

Trailcampro Star Rating

4.1 Stars

Stay away from primos. Between a friend and I, we have 5 Truth Cam 35 cameras and 3 were sent back for repairs because they just stopped responding. Had a frigging hell of a time getting primos to pay for return shipping too but after a week of calls they finally gave in. The cameras stated screwing up again shortly after and it's not worth the hastle to send them back again. The 2 that didn't screw up were bought recently so I'm sure they will. Crap quality and customer service to match.

• 3 months later...