Storms a comin'

phade

Geeze, guys and gals.

I think it is all my fault..

Last year I was going to Newfoundland for a moose hunt, and my old buddy FUNGUS FACE and I had to take some detours to avoid the effects of Irene..

Next week, we have a trip to New Brunswick scheduled for deer, and we have ANOTHER storm to deal with ??

Must be I just ain't holding my MOUTH right..

I think it's time for my NAP..

Hey all this storm is not looking good.Before I lost contact wanted to let you all know that im praying for all,John if there is any thing my wife and myself can do for any fellow members/on the island please let us know.And for every one thats looking at this applys to you all the same.Wish every one to be in a safe zone however looks like we are going to take another washing/flooding.Sandy is going to hit hard and stay for afew days.Just wanted to tell every one that im here to help.

• Like 1

Hey all this storm is not looking good.Before I lost contact wanted to let you all know that im praying for all,John if there is any thing my wife and myself can do for any fellow members/on the island please let us know.And for every one thats looking at this applys to you all the same.Wish every one to be in a safe zone however looks like we are going to take another washing/flooding.Sandy is going to hit hard and stay for afew days.Just wanted to tell every one that im here to help.

Long island? Heard they are evacuating fire island.

I think the biggest threat is going to be the flooding for those in the coastal areas. But yes, I heard on the news they are already prepping evacuation for those low lying and coastal parts of the island.

I think the wind factor might be more of an issue for those in Westchester and up because of the trees.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I live in upstate NY up by Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence. I think at least in our area, they are blowing this storm way out of proportion...they are letting schools out early and everything over some wind. We've got high winds before and people don't get let out early. But because this is attached to a hurricane it's a huge deal. lol. Good luck to all - especially those of you in southern NY and near the city. I have a wood stove, gas stove top, car charger for my phone, and a bathtub and buckets full of water to flush the toilet if the power goes out. I'm set. lol.

• Like 1

I live in upstate NY up by Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence. I think at least in our area, they are blowing this storm way out of proportion...they are letting schools out early and everything over some wind. We've got high winds before and people don't get let out early. But because this is attached to a hurricane it's a huge deal. lol. Good luck to all - especially those of you in southern NY and near the city. I have a wood stove, gas stove top, car charger for my phone, and a bathtub and buckets full of water to flush the toilet if the power goes out. I'm set. lol.

Im down by Oneida Lake. Schools getting out early, stores are out of water, batteries and a bunch of other things. I hope its not all that bad but Im ready. Good luck to all.

Oh yeah they have all the schools closing and whatnot. My phones and fax line is down, 90% of the state is closed, and I'm the only one here and yet my boss still feels the need to keep me here. Granted, I work 1/4 mile from my house, but holy crap - I'm going to die of redundant boredom. lol.

I'm prepared for the worst, but I doubt it's going to be all that bad.

Monroe County declared state of emergency, closing schools and events they even opened up the Irondequoit bay outlet bridge 3 days earlier due to possible evacuation routes. I live within walking distance of bay and lake and weather service has sent out messages to us close by shore to be prepared for evacuation!! We shall see as of now not that bad. Windy but not crazy and not even raining.

Walking distance shooter ? Know where Vinyard rd meets Lake rd about one mile from outlet ? Its named Vinyard because in the early 1,900's my grandfather had his vinyard there. I grew up there, my family ahd roots there to close to 100 years.

But that part of lake rd is 50 feet above the lake.