Hunting conditions following frankenstorm Sandy?

agross

I was wondering everyones take on this storm and how it is going ot affect this week and next weekend.

I hoping (and feel free to correct if im wrong) that the next week monday, tuesday, and wednesday and part of thursday will all be a washout with high winds and heavy rain (washout for both deer rut chasing and people).

Then what i hoping is that after it all calms down thursday the next weekend if going to be phenominal rut activity as the bucks are gonna be shut down for days because does will be hiding. Then the storm clears and the temps look to be in the upper 40's which is below average for my area 7P for friday saturday and sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

What do you think? And please let me know if you have any better weather information as i live on Long Island and i am only getting the forecast for down here. Internet does give you as much detail for Chenango County.

Fact is deer Have to eat every 8 to 12 hours, they are going to be up at least after 12 hours no matter what the weather. I have had some of my best luck within the first 10 or so hours after a storm started if the hunting hours are there. I shot my biggest buck right smack in the middle of a long heavy snow storm 5 years ago he was looking for love in the wrong place lol . Thats my take on the weather and hunting . But then again I am one of those guys that sits in the stand till noon and back in it buy 130 for the afternoon hunt good luck to all

Deer actually eat every 4 hours... the bucks will still be on the does, the difference is they will bed in heavy cover and movement will decrease during the extremely bad times of the storm. Thursday looks like the weather improves and the weekend looks great.

I think the main concern you shoud ask yourself is.... it is safe to hunt then make your decision. I will be taking a break from midday today (mon) til Thursday AM. 20- 40mph winds with gusts to 60 is not safe for treestand hunting.

I made a post in "live from the stand" about the encounter I had this evening. After hearing bucks fighting/grunting a big buck was on the heels of 2 doe, grunting the whole way. They came by me @ 15 yds. The buck offered no shot. Also saw a scrub buck on my way in @ 4:50.

Edited by PREDATE