What's your thoughts on this grouping?

shawnhu

You have a good grouping which means your pin is steady on the same spot every time. Meaning that if it is hitting high right you probably have to dial in your bow so your hitting middle every time. As for ready for hunting, it's a whole lot different than shooting a target. You might be drawn up on a deer for a minute and a half without a shot. I would hit up some 3-d target shoots for sure.

Yeah, if you are using a sight, it is time to make an adjustment. Obviously you are shooting high and right. The whole buch of holes as well as the three arrows indicate that you need a sight pin change to center your point of impact.

Another little tip: put four small bullseyes on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper and shoot one arrow at each instead of going for groups at a single aiming point. You can eyeball on the separate bulls as to what kind of groups you would have, and you will save a lot of time and money on the tore up fletching and busted up shafts that you will eventually be getting if you continue to shoot all arrows into a single aiming spot.

• Like 3

Move those pins as stated, then do as Doc suggested but make your aiming point about 1/3 the size of that yellow spot. (maybe 2" in diameter) At 20 yrds indoors, your goal should be consistently hitting those small targets. Remember, aim small - miss small..

these are some great points,practice,practice,practice,also depending on what you are going to use for broadheads practice with those to see how your POI is altered if at all,good luck,and welcome to another addiction

You will be soo addicted once you bow hunt.I hate seeing bow season end.I have gone out with my bow during gun in certain stands and if i get two tags filled with my bow i only hunt with grandaddys hawkins 50.cal.during gun.

I think this year i am just hunting with bow.I love the challenge.

You will be soo addicted once you bow hunt.I hate seeing bow season end.I have gone out with my bow during gun in certain stands and if i get two tags filled with my bow i only hunt with grandaddys hawkins 50.cal.during gun.

I think this year i am just hunting with bow.I love the challenge.

Any issues with hunting bow during gun season? That's what I plan to do if I can improve on these groups a little more.

only issue is if that buck is out too far you wish you had a gun.I like to hunt the thick stuff during gun with my bow.Thick trails and cooridors.Half my stands are over kill for a gun any way.

NO rules against using a bow during gun.You can use any thing legal during gun season such as ML,shot gun,bow,or if allowed in area crosss bow or rifle.