Lifetime Hunting License?

burmjohn

I donated $2 to the PA Game Commission last week when I bought my license on-line.  Does that constitute excess money? ;)

Heck no. There's no limit on donations. If somebody wants to donate a few million dollars, that's great I'm sure the PGC will figure out a way to spend it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see and not totally apposed to some kind of required stamp each year for LT license holders.  Certainly would come with a HUGE uproar from the masses if/when it is purposed but in this cash strapped state I think it is a possiblity.

If NYS intends to maintain any credibility in the lifetime license program, they had better not start tacking on fees and stamps and any other kinds of flim-flam do-dads trying to rip us off for more. There can be no legitimate excuse for doing that, and that would amount to outright deceit, lying and theft. I'm getting mighty tired of sportsmen being considered a easy soft touch just because NYS can't seem to manage money. This kind of unlimited ripping off of sportsmen and women amounts to an attack against hunters and fishermen which is no less effective than if it were done by the animal rights crowd. And while all this stuff is going on, non-sportsmen are getting increased benefits and use of DEC services and resources FOR FREE. Every year, more and more DEC resources are siphoned off to non-sporting activities and facilities and we are left to pay for it. Yes, we are a soft touch, but somebody better quickly become aware that there is a limit as to how many times they can keep reaching into our pockets and how deep. And everytime they blow their budget, I keep hearing, "Oh that's ok, we can afford to pay more". Well, I hate to say it, but I can't and won't and I believe I'm not alone on that.

If they aren't smart enough to put that Lifetime License money to work in the market and simply blow it all as it comes in the door, there is absolutely no reason why I or any other sportsmen should be pulling more money out of our pocket for their stupidity. If there are people who have so much excess money that they want to donate to the DEC ...... by all means feel free to do so, but don't be indicating that the rest of us be strapped with anymore funding of government waste and mismanagement.

Doc

Doc,

I am afraid that the bureaucrats have us by the short hairs. The hunting community represents an untapped resource of revenue. Take a look at the CT license fee schedule for a dose of what perhaps the future entails.it makes me sick!

Did anyone get a chance to take advantage of the Lifetime Hunting License before the price increase?  I jumped on it last year, it made sense for me since I have at least 30+ years of hunting in me.  It was a big investment, however this year I don't have to spend any $.  The wife was not happy, but whatever!  8)

thats great john, youll be happy in the long run. i should have done way back when it was like 450$... i will bring myself to spend the beans one year lol. howmuch was it b4 the jump? in the 7- 800 area?

Doc,

I am afraid that the bureaucrats have us by the short hairs. The hunting community represents an untapped resource of revenue. Take a look at the CT license fee schedule for a dose of what perhaps the future entails.it makes me sick!

I'm not advocating lawlessness, but I'm sure that excessive irresponsible gouging of sportsmen will probably be met by more people hunting and fishing without any license at all. That is for those that continue to hunt and fish. Others may simply say, "that's enough" and accelerate the already existing exodus from those activities. Either way, it can turn out to start something that nobody really wants.

Doc

I bought my lifetime license in 1995.  Its paid for itself and I hunt for free now.

I'm just curious ....... What would you do if NYS started adding on annual stamps that you now had to buy in order to use your Lifetime license as Lawdwaz suggested? I'm curious how Lifetime license holders would react if the state tried to pull something like that. I'm not even sure how I would react myself since I am a holder of a lifetime license.

Doc

I had always purchased a Super sportsman's license with the archery , muzzleloader , etc . The Lifetime License is only a Sportsman's License so I still have to pay for the Archery , Muzzle loader and extras . I don't have to pay the $10 fee to apply for doe tags . Wow !!!

It's still a good deal .

WNY, yes you can...when I got mine I purchased the lifetime sportsmans which I thought it included archery and ML..but it doesn't  If I knew that at the time I would have bought everything seperate because I could have done without the lifetime fishing license costing $300.

I wish they have a lifetime super sportsman or whatever its called.

I would have bought that one if they had offered it. I still have to buy my bow license every year because that wasn't included. They had no old geezer bargains on the lifetime bow licenses and I'm pretty sure that I would never get my money's worth if I paid the big bucks for it now.

Doc

I had the lifetime sportsman. Best $500 bucks I spent about 15 years ago. I just added the lifetime bow since I have fell into bow hunting too...AND I bought lifetimes for my twin boys before the price went up and before they turned four years old which saved me a bunch. So, I'm in for over over $1200 but I have the peace of mind that I or my boys can leave the state to work or live and not have to worry about paying NY out-of-state licenses when we want to go back top the old stompin grounds if any will be left. 

The best reason for them is that it arrives at my doorstep every year without me having to remember.

I bought mine about 6 years ago when it was still $500. I also got the muzzleloader stamp for $125. At that time I didn't bowhunt much so I didn't get it. When I got back into bowhunting the price was up to $180.

I think it was well worth it. I can't tell you how many times I waited in line at Walmart the night or 2 before the season started. What a pain!

I just bought my son his license for $300 before the rates went up. The lady asked me,"You think he'll want to hunt?"

I told her for $300 it's worth it for the fishing license alone!!!!