DEC's gonna have a field day..........

jjb4900

I love it when the DEC is at the local butcher near me inspecting teeth for age of deer as they come in. Then they see corn in the teeth of the deer and ask the the hunter where they got this deer. The hunter's freeze up, and are then asked to take the DEC to the kill spot. Bait Pile is found!

• Like 2

I love it when the DEC is at the local butcher near me inspecting teeth for age of deer as they come in. Then they see corn in the teeth of the deer and ask the the hunter where they got this deer. The hunter's freeze up, and are then asked to take the DEC to the kill spot. Bait Pile is found!

Are you serious??

Like any moron would go to the exact spot. please.

And I havn't seen a DEC check point in years, not even on opening day on Rt 17.

Are you serious??

Like any moron would go to the exact spot. please.

And I havn't seen a DEC check point in years, not even on opening day on Rt 17.

Yes, I am serious. DEC was at the butcher again this year on Opening Day. If they have any suspicions based on the teeth, they ask the hunter to show them the kill spot.

If you take them to the wrong spot, where is the gut pile?

There are also areas around here where you cannot shoot any bucks on the first 2 days of the season. Those people risk getting caught as well.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Yes, I am serious. DEC was at the butcher again this year on Opening Day. If they have any suspicions based on the teeth, they ask the hunter to show them the kill spot.

If you take them to the wrong spot, where is the gut pile?

There are also areas around here where you cannot shoot any bucks on the first 2 days of the season. Those people risk getting caught as well.

ok, your deer ran 200 yards from the corn pile. does it matter where the gut pile is ????? and gut piles don't last very long.

• Like 1

I dont' care man. I am just telling you what happens.

Most people who bait around here aren't throwing handfuls of corn down. They are using Texas-style professional feeders, which arent very easily hidden on small acres of property when DEC patrols it.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

There has been plenty of shooting going on by me also, we have AR and the cut back on the amount of doe permits this year.There must be a lot more deer with at least 3 tines 1" or more on one side,then I have seen or heard about.

Or the people are just shooting bad.

ok, your deer ran 200 yards from the corn pile. does it matter where the gut pile is ????? and gut piles don't last very long.

If there's a corn pile, don't matter where the gut pile is, they got you.....and probably not a cornfield within 20 miles of where I hunt, and I'm sure DEC know's these things.

If there's a corn pile, don't matter where the gut pile is, they got you.....and probably not a cornfield within 20 miles of where I hunt, and I'm sure DEC know's these things.

Non-sense. You MUST be caught in the act.

I got hit by a drunk driver. he fled the scene. When the cops found him 2 days later, he wasn't drunk. Never arrested for drunk driving. only leaving the scene of an accicent, which is a slap on the wrist.

Not 2 days later when they are that butcher and you just killed your deer an hour ago. They want to see the trail you dragged your deer that has all the hair and blood on it. Nobody is using 4-wheelers to drag deer out of the woods around here.

Non-sense. You MUST be caught in the act.

I got hit by a drunk driver. he fled the scene. When the cops found him 2 days later, he wasn't drunk. Never arrested for drunk driving. only leaving the scene of an accicent, which is a slap on the wrist.

Nonsense? you can't feed or bait deer in NYS....if you got a corn pile on your property you're in violation.

Nonsense? you can't feed or bait deer in NYS....if you got a corn pile on your property you're in violation.

correct, but good luck finding the corn pile on 200 acres. or 5000 acres of state land where others hunt. And who put the corn pile there ? you, your brother, your father, your sister?

they can only ticket the OWNER of the property. But never prove it. Which any lawyer can beat that ticket.

I thought the law was you can't hunt over a corn pile....if there is a corn pile with in an area your hunting now matter who put it there ...tag your it....same with salt licks...your not allowed to hunt on land that has had salt licks on it....no matter who put it there....Am I wrong on this???

I thought the law was you can't hunt over a corn pile....if there is a corn pile with in an area your hunting now matter who put it there ...tag your it....same with salt licks...your not allowed to hunt on land that has had salt licks on it....no matter who put it there....Am I wrong on this???

I would say you have it right......If I'm hunting property and DEC find's a bait pile, do you think they can't ticket me? come on.....

correct, but good luck finding the corn pile on 200 acres. or 5000 acres of state land where others hunt. And who put the corn pile there ? you, your brother, your father, your sister?

they can only ticket the OWNER of the property. But never prove it. Which any lawyer can beat that ticket.

I was talking about Putnam County. Nobody is hunting 5,000 private acres. Even public is only like 400acres in most cases. I hunt 8 acres of private land. Some guys hunt areas that are less than 5 acres.

I hunt on 5000 acres of state land in Zone 3. There are over 100 hunters registered to hunt there. No one is assigned a spot. You go where you want to go.

That has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

All I am saying is that if DEC asks to see your kill spot and you're baiting and hunting on a small piece of property, then you will most likely get caught.

No need to argue back n forth about it. I'm just stating the fact that DEC is at the butcher's place of business locally. That's all.

2 years ago I was dropping a deer off at a processor in orange county the day after opening day (sunday). As expected there were tons of guys dropping off deer, and there was a DEC biologist and ECO checking the deer and tags. Two morons that were hunting somewhere in sullivan county (the WMU had ARs) show up with a crotch horn and a doe. The crotch horn was not legal as it was tagged from a WMU with ARs, and the doe was tagged with a 3M DMP. They unloaded the deer and showed them to the ECO as if they were perfectly legal. I really think that they had no idea that they did anything wrong.