Long Island Shotgun season...

JimmyDaSavage

Just wondering if anyone will be Hunting the January 7-31 late season shotgun on Long Island. I will be Hunting state land as usual during this season. I got my number for my reservation today in the mail and it was a horrible 1528 lol. My brother got 8! so I will be going out with him hopefully the first day. Best of luck to anyone that Hunts this late season.

My son's first year doing the lottery and he got # 63. 17 year old lucky son of a gun...lol. I got 1153 and my buddy got 762. I'm forfeiting mine and going with my son. My buddy and his brother are pairing up. Good luck to everyone going out. Be safe!!!

this is my first yr applying

my number is 1563

i have to report on dec 19th at 930 am

i have a few questions , i hope someone can help me, feel free to send me a msg if you wish

how many reservations are avail each day

with my number im assuming its safe to say i wont be afield until at least wed the 9th . thoughts

the entire process confusses me, i am allowed to take someone else with me under my number and vise versa

any otehr info you can shed on the selection process woul dbe helpful.....also

standby...just some idea how it works.

thanks in advance

for rocky point alone there are Approx 50 spots in rocky point and 50 spots in Otis pike, so thats a total of lets say 100 spots, there are 19 days to the shotgun season... so that it potentially 1,900 total hunting spots available for the season on those 2 lands

having number 1563 and thinking you will be hunting the 3rd day of the season is very wishful thinking (not saying impossible)

I have number 333 and hope i can find an available day by Jan 11th

Standby is you show up and "hope" someone else doesn't show if there are spots left over you "may" get a chance to go out

yes you can bring someone with you, you need to register that person (call them for instructions) in order to be let out in numerical order, if he/she is not registered you are let out last.

If you hunt under a friends # you have to forfeit your #, you cannot hunt as a guest with your buddy one day and then your buddy be your guest the next, unless you are hunting standby.

thax for the reply. ya i misread. thought it was 1500 total a week, not the 2500 a season. i found someplace else.

i prob will forfit my number ,

any deer left after day 2 , i would think they are pushed off the properties after the orange army pounds the groud

thax for the reply. ya i misread. thought it was 1500 total a week, not the 2500 a season. i found someplace else.

i prob will forfit my number ,

any deer left after day 2 , i would think they are pushed off the properties after the orange army pounds the groud

For shotgun season I hunt out in Hither Hills in Montauk. I have shot most of my deer in the last 2 weeks of the season. It seems to me after everyone goes nuts and chases the deer all around the park and fire randomly that when it settles down is the best time for me. Best of luck to everyone.

hey biz call them and ask where you will be hunting. i called them and was told id be hunting on the same property that everyone in the lottery hunts on. they do not have private property for the jan. shotgun season. they do for bow hunting. let me know what they say. good luck JT........

I hunted with them before a guy meet us at ridge in the am for let out drove us to out reserved spots droped us then drove us back to ridge. We hunted otis pike. so i learned the reservation system and saved the 3 in my party i beleive we paid 150 each.