weekend

biggamefish

I am toughing it out just rain gear and treestand hopefully i won't have to be out long. I am not a big fan of blinds. One of my stands i can see a box blind on another piece of property. I watch the deer when they get close to it and they seem spooky. Close i mean 60 to 70 yards and they seem to shy away from it and drift in another direction.

Simple Rain Gear.Parts from a previous post,It was raining when we left camp ,I put on my Bright Orange Rain Gear,Got to the spot I wanted to hunt,sat on my Red hot seat on a tree stump.It was still raining, I had 4 does stop 5' in front of me and stayed there for around 5 minuted grazing and slowley walked away.

I will be out Monday with crossbow rain or shine. Just put my hood up. Its just rain, I gaurantee nobody melts.

It's real hunting in the woods, bad weather is part of the game. Perfect weather gets boring anyway.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I will be out Monday with crossbow rain or shine. Just put my hood up. Its just rain, I gaurantee nobody melts.

It's real hunting in the woods, bad weather is part of the game. Perfect weather gets boring anyway.

Enjoy yourself in the rain Pretty hard to see anything with your hood up.........

40 degrees and rain sucks. You can't sit and concentrate if your cold & wet and I dispise a wet cigar...........

Try a tree umbrella and you'll get it.

Its not like I'm hunting from a cottage in my jammies..................<grin>

Enjoy yourself in the rain Pretty hard to see anything with your hood up.........

40 degrees and rain sucks. You can't sit and concentrate if your cold & wet and I dispise a wet cigar...........

Try a tree umbrella and you'll get it.

Its not like I'm hunting from a cottage in my jammies..................<grin>

I agree 40 and rain does suck. But forecast calls for 56 and rain showers here on Monday. I never been in a treestand in my life, so no umbrella.

Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their own prefences. Based on where I hunt, my only tree option would be a climber and I dont want to be restricted to one spot. Majority of the deer I shot were either still hunting or I saw and then needed to move 5-10 yards to get a shot off.

gore tex desert storm ECWCS suit with ASAT camo painted on.Still havn't gotten any pics of it.LOL.I have been waiting for the rain for that thing.I used it once during archery.It is awsome.Can't wait till saturday!so i can sit in the rain.Only problem with it in archery is it is noisy.Didn't know that before i bought it.It keeps ya dry though,.

curious where everyone is seeing this doomsday weather, I Hunt Summit, NY it doens't look so bad

• Saturday

Rain likely before noon, then showers likely, mainly between noon and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 49. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

• Saturday Night

A chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 9 to 16 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

• Sunday

A chance of light rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Where at? I'm off work Monday to hunt with xbow, but thinking about switching my day off to Wednesday.

Got two public land spots I want to try to hit up in Putnam. I was hunting there during bow and came close on a couple of occasions but haven't been back there since Hurricane Sandy hit. Heck, I hardly been out since Hurricane Sandy. Been so busy.

Edited by Elmo

Got two public land spots I want to try to hit up in Putnam. I was hunting there during bow and came close on a couple of occasions but haven't been back there since Hurricane Sandy hit. Heck, I hardly been out since Hurricane Sandy. Been so busy.

Cool, I'll be out in Putnam too.