whackos at it again......Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut

tughillhunter

Thanks Ants, I respect your opinion but I don't agree with your yes answers. I am not sure what kind of battle you are anticipating.

The way I see it. there are tons of illegally possessed high cap. and paramilitary weapons out there right now that are in the hands of bad people. Those weapons will be out there for a long time. The thought that I can't have at least the same type of weapon that a bad guy or bad guys may try to use against me, my family , friends and neighbors makes no sense to me.

You and I just look at it differently. You say it could never happen, I say it's possible.

Not at all apples and oranges. Cultural influences and perceptions often have nothing to do with logic or are so subtle that you cannot quantify their effect. They are cumulative. The appearance of something has everything to do with how it is perceived. That cannot be disputed.

The comparison between overall society and the business suit environment you eluded to cannot be interchanged, they are apples and oranges, making the entire comparison the same.

Good to maintain a sense of humor Waterweasle.

These issues and conversations over the years have me thinking much more about this stuff.

Rest assured no paramilitary style weapons are owned by myself.

ohhhit wasnt all for humor, I really am interested to what you have in your gunsafe/cabinet.................I mean you seem to be telling us what we "need" I'd like to pass similair opinions on your collection

You must not wok where I live then, because it's the worst I've seen in the last 30 years. I suppose working here and living here must be two totally separate things.

I work in times square n feel safe but I do think about how easily I could bring anything I want into nyc very easily. I'm honestly surprised more things don't happen.

I lived on upper east side for a few years and never seen a crime. I was always out at 4-5am walking home from bars, etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mankinds violence towards each other is not something that just surfaced because of video games or TV shows, we have been killing and maiming each other from the very beginning folks, yea its true. just look at Americas short history or even more recent events around the globe for proof of that. it always amazes me that when something horrible happens at the hands of member of the human race that we can all stand there and act so amazed and repeatedly ask why, why, why.

• Like 2

We all know this is an emotional subject and can bring forward some pretty strong opinions, but lets remember the forum rules and keep the discussion clean. Personal attacks, etc will not be tolerated.

Yeah right I cant call him a terd but its ok for your other buddy Doc to infer that I wait and wish for children to murdered. Are you for real?

mankinds violence towards each other is not something that just surfaced because of video games or TV shows, we have been killing and maiming each other from the very beginning folks, yea its true. just look at Americas short history or even more recent events around the globe for proof of that. it always amazes me that when something horrible happens at the hands of member of the human race that we can all stand there and act so amazed and repeatedly ask why, why, why.

This is a fundamental that needs to be accepted. However, our present society does not seem to want to do that. This should be one of the first things stated in the debate process.

Now where did I say sits post was appropriate? Didn't I say in the previous post to keep it civil? Dont tell me what I need or need not do.

What she said still has nothing to do with the discussion. Sounds more like pointless arrogance and braggart talk to me, nothing more than a pissing contest, meant to inflame others. Exactly what we dont need.

Wow are you really that out of touch. Sorry I did not respond sooner but I was out today living my life not sitting at the computer all day like a few of you overachievers. I never brag about the bucks I shoot. In fact I keep the information about the bucks I shoot pretty much to a small select group of friends beause I have delt with this same exact male ego nonsense before. I have never put a pic of any of the bucks on this type of website and have never entered them in P&Y because I do not need the attention. I am not saying I am against someone who does just not my thing. I brought it up to sits in trees in response to his sexiest and condescending post to me where he tried pulling the men are superiour to woman crap. Apprently your a liitle slow and did/could not pick up that in his post so what better time to let him know that I have killed bigger bucks than him than after a sexiest post like that. Now you and your highy intellicual friend from Tug Hill want to think I shot them High Fence or that I am lying even better. Great! Makes me feel that much better knowing that it gets under your skin because you were "chicked".

Edited by popit
  • Like 1

a guy in indiana just got arrested for threatening his wife and he said he was gonna shoot up a school. wtf .

Ah yes the Salem Witch trials start all over again. He had an argument with his wife. She calls 911 and makes that statement. It is then tried in the Press and he is guilty already.

Because real journalism is dead, nobody watches it anymore and any chance they have to sensationilze a story they will.

I missed the part where doc attacked you. Last I checked, hes allowed to have his opinion.

Yeah I guess Doc having the opinion that people on this site wish for such horrific news is ok but what ever you do dont make any personal attacks. Thats not allowed. Makes so much more sense now. Thanks for clearing that one up.

I brought it up to sits in trees in response to his sexiest and condescending post to me where he tried pulling the men are superiour to woman crap. Apprently your a liitle slow and did/could not pick up that in his post .
You actually brought it up long before that post....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I guess Doc having the opinion that people on this site wish for such horrific news is ok but what ever you do dont make any personal attacks. Thats not allowed. Makes so much more sense now. Thanks for clearing that one up.

Well, I don't know how many times you have tried to quote my post and it seems to come out different everytime you do it. Let me help you out and put the quote in the real words that were used:

"I keep getting the feeling that there are way too many people who welcome the news of each of these tragedies because each one serves as fuel for their anti-gun agendas. They seem to come out of the wood-work all re-invigorated and eager to take another chop out of that 2nd amendment that has caused them so much angst. They are always eager to exploit these things as ways to get their next shot of further gun control. They are content to place "feel-good" arguments against a chunk of steel. It saves them from expending intellectual energy toward the real causes and cures of the diseased society that has spawned the evil people that commit these atrocities."

So all I can say is if you want to identify yourself as one of the people I am talking about, shame on you. Now you will note that I didn't say anything about people on this site, but yet there seems to be a couple here (yourself included) who are insistant on identifying with this thought. All I can say is what the heck is wrong with you that you would assume I am talking about you. Also, I have to ask ..... Am I talking about you? Are you one of these people? After all, you are the only one who really knows whether or not the shoe fits.

But advocates also say the latest shooting is a tipping point that could change the dynamic of the debate dramatically.

Now, tell me that these professional anti gunners are not giddy over this piece of good fortune that has dropped into their laps. read that article that sits linked. These people are disgusting with their exploitation of this tragic event.