shootings

G-Man

He was on the news and said that he did pull his firearm, drew aim and the shooter saw him, but he lowered his weapon because there were people running behind the shooter to take cover and he was afraid he was going to hit some innocent. The shooter then turned the gun on himself. I guess just the mere sight of another civilian with a firearm that can meet lethal force with lethal force is enough to stop it in this case.

Edited by Deerthug
  • Like 2

If you take the time to read the link i first posted most have been stopped be an armed civillian, and again most were stopped with minimal loss of life. Seems the worse or highest victim counts occored when no armed civillians were present.

just out of curiosity, have there ever any of these mass shooting type incidents that were stopped by an armed civilian? I know that one on one crimes and home invasion types have been stopped, just wondering about the other.

I would think that there are a lot of incidents that plans for mass shootings have been foiled by good citizens, and in some cases by an armed citizen. Unfortunately, not many of these cases will ever make it into the news media as it is not deemed news worthy.

And that is the real problem that America faces, people thriving on doom and gloom in the media, because good news are not as popular amongst the masses as bad news. We're also so caught up in knowing about everyone else's lives and when the next sex scandal with which celebrity that we neglect our own children.

In my opinion, if at least one incident of a plot to mass murder people was foiled by a good citizen that used his weapon, that's many lives saved because of the right to carry.

just out of curiosity, have there ever any of these mass shooting type incidents that were stopped by an armed civilian? I know that one on one crimes and home invasion types have been stopped, just wondering about the other.

Never mind - thought I knew one.

Edited by SteveB

If you take the time to read the link i first posted most have been stopped be an armed civillian, and again most were stopped with minimal loss of life. Seems the worse or highest victim counts occored when no armed civillians were present.

Please Ohhh...PLEASE tell me I am reading that statement ALL WRONG!

Are you blaming the pilots for 911????

I guess you misunderstood. Or maybe I didn't explain it well. My point was that the terrorists who hijacked those planes were mostly trained in this country at private flight schools.

In that regard you must be miss understanding or I'm not explaining well..my point is planes...pilot schools.....middle eastern visas...trucks even kool-aide and guns were all instruments in horrible acts...the killer was human(s)...Ban one object and another will take it's place

Hind sight is always 20/20 they say...but I think it's shortsighted in these situation Knee jerk reactions without thorough though that can be just as dangerous down the road