shootings

G-Man

No matter what controls we have in place, or what laws, or what degree of security we have, the unthinkable will happen and has always happened. We will try our best to control all the evils of the world, but you can't control everything and you can't fix everything. It's like the discussion of "Life" in the movie, "Jurassic Park",

Dr. Ian Malcolm: John, the kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

John Hammond: [sardonically] There it is.

Henry Wu: You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will... breed?

Dr. Ian Malcolm: No, I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way.

Life will always find a way, unfortunately, so will death.

If someone wants to kill, they will. Thats the bottom line. Doesnt matter if they burn people up in a fire, crash a car into them, use explosives, shoot them, stab them, etc.

So, you can say with absolute certainty that all those kids would be dead today even if he hadn't had easy access to a closet full of assault rifles and ammo?

No, but can you say they wouldnt be if he didnt have access to those guns? Of course you cant.

So, you can say with absolute certainty that all those kids would be dead today even if he hadn't had easy access to a closet full of assault rifles and ammo?

I realize I'm really stepping into it now..but well sorry in advance...

So virgil...all those poor 911 souls would be here today had they not had easy access to a jumbo jet?

We should ban jumbo jets?...rocket launchers...or another Tim McVeigh plan wouldn't have ever happened ?

No, but can you say they wouldnt be if he didnt have access to those guns? Of course you cant.

Give me a break. That's the best you can do? That's exactly why I think you can expect some serious changes in the laws as they pertain to certain types of weapons and ammo.

Give me a break. That's the best you can do? That's exactly why I think you can expect some serious changes in the laws as they pertain to certain types of weapons and ammo.

Well, the best I can do is the truth. If you dont like it, tough cookies my man.

What "types" do you want to see banned? lay them out.

If someone wants to kill, they will. Thats the bottom line. Doesnt matter if they burn people up in a fire, crash a car into them, use explosives, shoot them, stab them, etc.

The media is saying that this kid planned this out, and that he was a genius.

He didn't just pick up these guns and head over there. He planned and strategised.

I feel that had guns not been an option, he would have just plannned a different method.

Well, the best I can do is the truth. If you dont like it, tough cookies my man.

You define the truth according to your own agenda. That much has always been obvious. As far as 'tough cookies', we'll see. My guess is that you'll be the one crying in your milk when this thing runs it's course.

The media is saying that this kid planned this out, and that he was a genius.

He didn't just pick up these guns and head over there. He planned and strategised.

I feel that had guns not been an option, he would have just plannned a different method.

He only stole these guns AFTER our current gun restrictions WORKED when he was denied the purchase of guns from a store.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/officials-lanza-tried-to-buy-a-gun-on-tuesday-1.4338884?qr=1

So virgil...all those poor 911 souls would be here today had they not had easy access to a jumbo jet?

We should ban jumbo jets?...rocket launchers...or another Tim McVeigh plan wouldn't have ever happened ?

We didn't need to ban jumbo jets. My recollection is that what happened after 911 was that security at airports, flight training schools, etc. became much stricter, thus limiting access to jumbo jets to people who were vetted and qualified to fly them.

Did any of these prior school shootings have 20 six and seven year olds shot dead and filled up with several bullet holes each?? Didn't go thru your list, but I highly doubt it.

What is your point in relation to the OP's?

I hear the OP trying to bring forth facts for cause, affect, and solution.

I hear this response as emotion that is supposed to help me do, what?

If I were to take a slightly emotional response, which I normally do not do, but will to make a point, is;

That those that want to disarm humans from their natural state to defend themselves, have blood on their hands for the slaughter of these defenseless children.

Now, for those that are basically only seeing the death of these children as what matters most, then it has to be concluded that the killing of children cannot be tolerated and action must be taken to prevent/stop it.

If so, then it must, must, be accepted that the U.S.government, in the names of all Americans, are killing innocent children, as collateral damage, with calculated and premeditated decision making using weapons of destruction with the use of drone attacks.

Are those that care about the killings of children and putting forth requests for immediate action, also doing the same concerning these drone attacks and killing of children? I am not seeing this on TV or in the newspapers.

If these caring Americans are not applying the same pressure for both examples for the killing of children, then - Something's Wrong. And a conclusion is, as discussed on this forum already, the culture and morality of America.

Edited by tony m

like i said earlier. guns are not the problem here.

MEDIA is a big problem.

Americans who dont want to be bothered with getting involved - is a problem (over looking signs people like this put out and simply dont want to address them) is a problem

its just funny how so many one here can never agree with anything and really just take the time to read someones post and if they feel like some one is address something they never said, rather then asking what they meant by it they want to kick and scream i never said that. my point was with so many cases in the USA in the past 10 years or so we clearly have more and more issues like this happening more often.

there is so much conflict and GREY AREAS with guys on this forum and prob every other forum hunting related forum. one thing i know is organizations such as PETA and Anti gun organizations have their act together and are all on the same page, there is NO grey area, stop killing animals or ban all guns. pretty simple. here it oh well this is the problem no this is, they need to do this no they need to do that. Face it at the end of the day when things get taken from us (we were the problem) not the Anti's who apparently are all on board and have there act together. If it wasnt for the NRA we wouldnt even have a leg to stand on, we would all be weak and to busy fighting and arguing with each other... this is why i rarely get involved with topics like this, so many take one word and hold onto it and usually had no reference to that person from the beginning.

troubled youth that commit crimes like this are troubled and usually give off signs that throws flags up to normal people and says hey something is not right with this child. BUT HEY HES NOT MINE SO ITS NOT MY PROBLEM! and on the other end of the spectrum you have parent that say OH NOT MY CHILD, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM.

its the truth and you know it, its one of the biggest issues we face is to many people over looking the broken to many people not wanting to help or even step up, its safer to sit back and say nothing. call me wrong...

they had a tv showed call what would you do i think it was. i mean guys would basically kid nap little children, who were in on the prank and grown adults would watch and not even say anything! its so sad that this is the society we live in where no one lends hands and no one steps up to do what morally right... ill find some vids

I don't have particular guns in mind- I'm not a gun expert. So what? What I want is an intelligent discussion (sorry WNY, you'll have to sit this one out) that leads to a definition of non-sporting or assault rifles that should only be in the hands of law enforcement personnel. From there, I'd like to see a plan that involves better accountability for gun owners- maybe some form of a registration system as well as competency requirements prior to purchase. Of course, I am also in favor a banning private undocumented sales.

• Like 1

Yes, EVERY life is precious. Too bad you fellas don't give a damn about life. All you guys care about is that your lives are protected with those pistols strapped to your belts, while you could care less what happens to people who don't feel we should live in a society where everyone needs to be armed at all times, including teachers and school children. Screwed up world we live in, that's for damned sure.

Do you also believe in world peace and hugging the trees? Reality of it is if we don't protect ourselves, I know you won't be doing it for me. I know damn sure the cops around here won't either.

Do you also believe in Santa?

I don't have particular guns in mind- I'm not a gun expert. So what? What I want is an intelligent discussion (sorry WNY, you'll have to sit this one out) that leads to a definition of non-sporting or assault rifles that should only be in the hands of law enforcement personnel. From there, I'd like to see a plan that involves better accountability for gun owners- maybe some form of a registration system as well as competency requirements prior to purchase. Of course, I am also in favor a banning private undocumented sales.

seriously virgil? You asked a valid question, I answered and asked you a valid question in return. You couldnt answer it, and your only response is to call me unintelligent? Classic.

I was counting on the personal attack btw. Its your typical response.