Hacked email!

Lawdwaz

Well it looks like I'm in trouble. A week or so ago I got an email from a very legit looking sender. It appeard to be from my email provider, asking for some info. I'm normally not that gullible but this time they fooled me and I screwed up......

Two days ago I got a couple text messages saying that another email addy had been added to my account. That was at 4am. Well I spent quite a bit of time on the phone and Internet trying to get it fixed and it ain't happening.

My inbox is being forwarded to the other addy and the language on the account that I can see is in Arabic I think. All my anti virus and other stuff is up to date. I'll be calling a computer repair guy I know in a bit.

You can only imagine how pissed I am..........

(I'm doing this from my phone now as I'm afraid the bastards are going to grab all my passwords)

• Like 1

I got them in my email a few times,but never opened them.I blocked them.Let me dig through my stuff here and see if I can give any help.Your ISP can't or won't help?

Also,install update and run spybot search and destroy.I highly recommend this.

Edited by Single_shot

Sounds to me like your isp account has been hijacked. Your internet provider should be helping you out with closing the fake email account. Your pc may have a virus, but thats the least of your problems really. Make sure to go to any and all bank accounts, etc that you access from that computer and change your passwords asap.

I knew something was wrong when I got that email from you..

I was waiting for the PUNCHLINE..

Good luck getting the mess straightened out.

Are those of us who recieved the bogus email in any danger ? I did open it but did not reply.

Usually opening an email won't cause a problem,as WNY stated....it is when you click on anything within that email is when your pc sends your info back to them.That's where they get ya.Spybot search and destroy really works wonders at blocking many things before they happen.

OK. Which one of you bastards DIDN'T send the money?

<GRIN>

Here's the deal......I screwed up. I got an "official looking" email from a scammer and gave up my email information to them. They changed the language of choice to something that I didn't learn in school......

It looked possibly Arabic? They forwarded 30 hours of MY (sorry I will edit the bad words) EMAIL to themselves and sent that email out demanding money to spring me from jail or something. Obviously I didn't see the email, I only know what some of my contacts said when they called me.

Well, after probably 4 hours of work trying to get things recovered it looks like I'm back in shape with my email. Soooo very frustrating and so much loss of sleep that you can't imagine. Besides all the great updates on issues here <grin>, I lost very valuable messages from customers. (and probably more F!#*$@ scammers) Sorry .......

Bottom line, BEWARE!

Edited by Lawdwaz

NOTE: When I said 4 hours of lost time, that included at least two hours yesterday and better than two hours of time this morning. I've yelled at my wife, drank a pot of coffee, ate a couple Tim Hortons TOO many and kicked the dog.

Now I'm gonna go have a cigar and celebrate..........or maybe not!

Larry...I had the money all ready to send, but decided that Krugerrands were safer than Euros... Then just before I was about to wire the money, you emailed me and told me it was a scam...

Glad you caught me in TIME...!...(whew)

Now I guess I'll have to spend the money on a gun or something.

I'm really very sorry for any inconvenience that I have caused you guys. Please forward me your email, paypal and SS# so I can get all your funds reimbursed as fast as I can. I promise to make this good.

YOU GUYS ARE SAPS!! Don't do it!!

Instead..........

I'll meet all of you at the corner of Rt 63 and Rt 20, (Texaco Town for all you old guys)

I'll have your cash and I'll get a case of Genny Light & some Doritos. We'll hang out and tell stories. Bring your favorite gun and be prepared to have a good time! I owe you all..............

Right across the street (diagonally) is a little joint I have stopped at a few times. Decent sub and IIRC a NASCAR theme??

But heck, I owe you guys and my deal still stands, We don't need no stinkin' sub shop......

Yea fasteddie, I get the willys going through that intersection. Plenty of good people have died there.

Right across the street (diagonally) is a little joint I have stopped at a few times. Decent sub and IIRC a NASCAR theme??

But heck, I owe you guys and my deal still stands, We don't need no stinkin' sub shop......

Yea fasteddie, I get the willys going through that intersection. Plenty of good people have died there.

You guys talking about the E Bethany -20 intersection?

OK. Which one of you bastards DIDN'T send the money?

<GRIN>

Here's the deal......I screwed up. I got an "official looking" email from a scammer and gave up my email information to them. They changed the language of choice to something that I didn't learn in school......

It looked possibly Arabic? They forwarded 30 hours of MY (sorry I will edit the bad words) EMAIL to themselves and sent that email out demanding money to spring me from jail or something. Obviously I didn't see the email, I only know what some of my contacts said when they called me.

Well, after probably 4 hours of work trying to get things recovered it looks like I'm back in shape with my email. Soooo very frustrating and so much loss of sleep that you can't imagine. Besides all the great updates on issues here <grin>, I lost very valuable messages from customers. (and probably more F!#*$@ scammers) Sorry .......

Bottom line, BEWARE!

Google Translate..... should be able to see what they said

Yes, two intersections west of 63 + 20 but my phone calls it just "east" road. Horrible intersection, I always slow way down when approaching.

Ive almost hit a few people there. My friends live right on 98 off of 20 so I go out that way quite a bit. That restaraunt used to be pretty good. Was it the Golden Goose or something like that?