WHITE DEER

wellsley

These deer are located at the Old Seneca Army Depot in Romulus New York. You can google them.This is a rare herd of about 300 white deer.There is a fence around the whole thing, but they do get out and wander. I had a deer on my property 2 years ago, which is about 8 miles from there. If you are a retired Veteran or in the Military, I believe you can apply for a special hunt there.

Most of the white deer for some reason are missing their brow tines. I had a uncle who worked on the Depot and was lucky enough to shoot a white buck. When you get the chance to hunt, you not only have to be selected, but then they do a selection to see who gets to shot a white doe, white buck, or brown doe or brown buck. What would suck if you had a chance to hunt there and could only shoot a brown buck and a white buck walked by :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you get selected to hunt the depot its any deer, I know because i have went threw the process. im on the list for next year. Ur also allowed to bring one other person with you. they give you a certain area to hunt. A friend of mine shot a 9 point white buck, after passing up 18 others. there everywhere on there.