ALL 10+ SHOT MAGAZINES ARE GONE

With one stroke of the mighty pen Gov Homo has cured mental illness and solved the crime poblem. No more will mentally ill or criminals kill other people with 1o round mags. As we speak the criminals are turning in their guns. More at 11!!!

Edited by erussell

So are the Ruger 10/22's now banned in NY ?

Section 37 of the bill amends Penal Law � 265.00(22) in order to

strengthen New York's assault weapon ban, expanding its reach and

making it easier to enforce. The proposed amendments replace the

existing ban consisting of and a "two-feature" test adopted from the

now-expired federal assault weapons ban with a clearer "one-feature"

test. The "two-feature" test bans any gun that is semi-automatic, has

a detachable magazine (in the case of pistols and rifles), and

possesses two features that are commonly associated with military

weapons. The "one-feature" test would ban semi-automatic guns with

detachable magazines that possess one feature commonly associated

with military weapons. This section also adds to the list of

"features" that characterize a banned weapon.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013

This makes me sick too. I lived away from NY for 15yrs and told everyone how great NY was and how I missed it. I finally came back to my birthtown here in WNY 12 yrs ago by choice. I live the life of a model citizen- never cheat laws, never steal, never lie, don't beat my family, don't speed ( almost never ), don't abuse any systems, or cheat on my taxes. I do the right things even when no-one will know.

And now I'm a criminal for having a 10/22 ? What a great governor we have. I should make him tell my kids why Daddy's now a lawbreaker.

Section 38 of the bill amends Penal Law � 265.00(23) to ban all large

capacity magazines that have the capacity to hold more than ten

rounds of ammunition including those that were grandfathered in under

the original assault weapons ban and creates a new ban on magazines

that hold more than seven rounds of ammunition. Magazines that can

hold more than seven rounds but not more than ten rounds and are

currently possessed will be grandfathered in, but may only contain

seven rounds of ammunition. Exceptions are made for large capacity

magazines that are curios or relics.

(A) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE

MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:

(I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;

(II) A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF

THE WEAPON;

(III) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;

(IV) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE

NON-TRIGGER HAND;

(V) A BAYONET MOUNT;

(VI) A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, MUZZLE COMPENSATOR, OR THREADED

BARREL DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, OR

MUZZLE COMPENSATOR;

(VII) A GRENADE LAUNCHER;

I am particulary concerned about two pieces here - 1) the second handgrip - most semi-auto hunting rifles have a grip to hold and steady the gun with under the barrel for your non-shooting hand. Is this what they are talking about?

I am also concerned about the grenade launcher since I have never seen a grenade launcher on any civilian gun ever. Has anyone ever heard of someone being killed by a rifle with a grenade launcher on it??? I really think that they added this so that the media can sensationalize it.

Ruger makes a 5 round mag that would make your 10/22 legal. Before you go jumping on me I want to make it clear that I'm not saying this is right. I'm just saying that it's something you can get to make your 10/22 legal again in this new chaotic world order.

I am particulary concerned about two pieces here - 1) the second handgrip - most semi-auto hunting rifles have a grip to hold and steady the gun with under the barrel for your non-shooting hand. Is this what they are talking about?

I am also concerned about the grenade launcher since I have never seen a grenade launcher on any civilian gun ever. Has anyone ever heard of someone being killed by a rifle with a grenade launcher on it??? I really think that they added this so that the media can sensationalize it.

They're talking about the pistol hand grip in the front. I've also never seen a criminal stab someone to death with a bayonet instead of shooting them.

AR-15Snow.jpg

(A) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE

MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:

(I) A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;

(II) A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF

THE WEAPON;

(III) A THUMBHOLE STOCK;

(IV) A SECOND HANDGRIP OR A PROTRUDING GRIP THAT CAN BE HELD BY THE

NON-TRIGGER HAND;

(V) A BAYONET MOUNT;

(VI) A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, MUZZLE COMPENSATOR, OR THREADED

BARREL DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE A FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MUZZLE BREAK, OR

MUZZLE COMPENSATOR;

(VII) A GRENADE LAUNCHER;

I think. as far as the front grip, they are talking about a grip that attatches to the for end, that hangs straight down, or straight out to one side or the other. Kind of like a pistol grip on the front.

Ruger makes a 5 round mag that would make your 10/22 legal. Before you go jumping on me I want to make it clear that I'm not saying this is right. I'm just saying that it's something you can get to make your 10/22 legal again in this new chaotic world order.

FYI: The Ruger 10/22 will still be legal with the 10 round clips

Isn't that sad elmo when you have to say " make it legal again ".

Isn't that sad elmo when you have to say " make it legal again ".

I live in NYC so I've already been dealing with this but I at least had the dream that one day, I'll be able to get a house in Westchester and not have to deal with this anymore and now, that dream is gone.

it's just that you can only put 7 bullets in it. same goes for any firearm. but dont worry, the criminals will follow these rules too

I see...so when you're shooting up a bunch of innocent people, you're only going to load 7 rounds at a time because you certainly don't want to receive a fine!

• Like 1

I live in NYC so I've already been dealing with this but I at least had the dream that one day, I'll be able to get a house in Westchester and not have to deal with this anymore and now, that dream is gone.

And for that im sorry it's a sad day in NYS. Thats like what I was telling my mother. I feel the worst for people like my sister that has just turned old enough to buy her own firearm but now will never be able to own a AR or a AK.

It's not like the criminals give a crap if there illegal. I would never be able to live in NYC and I love it there but it's 100% police state. Stop and frisk leaves you able to be reemed out at any point for anything. Your firearms restrictions are already the worst in the world. I feel for ya elmo!!

I see...so when you're shooting up a bunch of innocent people, you're only going to load 7 rounds at a time because you certainly don't want to receive a fine!

That has to be the most ridiculous part of this new law.

I can understand the rest of the legislation, even though I might not agree with it. But that is the most asinine thing I have heard. You, (law abiding firearms owner) can have a 10 round magazine, but can only load it with 7 rounds. lol! oh what if you were a criminal looking to do harm. Yup, they HAVE to only load 7 rounds as well!

Ugh

Come on people, you think they did this to protect a bunch of children. Janet Reno flash fried a bunch of little kids to try and collect a few guns.

When you set all the liberal propaganda B.S. aside it comes down to one famous qoute by dog face Janet Reno.

"Waiting periods are only a step.

Registration is only a step.

The prohibition of private firearms is the goal."

Your ability's to resist the government are being systematiclly removed by the party's in power. Both Repukes and Democraps are in on this.

I wouldn't say the Republicans were to blame on this one! My Republican senator voted against it. Of the 18 that voted against it I think most if not all were Republicans. The reason it happened was that for the first time in many years the Republicans lost control of the Senate because most of the people in New York are liberal morons. Would have happened sooner if Republicans had lost power in the senate earlier. I'm not saying Republicans are Simon pure, especially since they have to survive in leftist NYS. But compared to Democrats they not the problem. Read http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj The only thing slowing down the Democrats sponsored gun control nationally in is the fact that the Republicans hold a slim majority in the House of Representatives.

Edited by adkbuck