Disturbing Trend

really doesnt matter in NY state, everyone is a cop of some sort anyhow. you cant walk 100 feet without seeing a cop in Ulster and Orange counties. If not a cop a teacher or corrections officer or state worker of some sort..

Same in Suffolk. I can't drive from my house to 7-11 (which is only 1 mile away) without seeing at least 3 cops from varying agencies -- SCPD, SCSD, NYSPP -- these days. My neighbor across the street, who I'm on good terms with is a cop and his girlfriend's a C.O. There's just a f**kton of law enforcement for bucolic Suffolk County is all I'm saying.

Same in Suffolk. I can't drive from my house to 7-11 (which is only 1 mile away) without seeing at least 3 cops from varying agencies -- SCPD, SCSD, NYSPP -- these days. My neighbor across the street, who I'm on good terms with is a cop and his girlfriend's a C.O. There's just a f**kton of law enforcement for bucolic Suffolk County is all I'm saying.

Police state. And those without the guns are more than willing to pay their salaries.

• Like 1

What is your point? Do you have a problem with law enforcement?

this all comes back to an upstate down state thing. you might see 3 leos per mile but here in rural upstate we end up with 4 to 6 leos patrolling 100s of sqaure miles. the last time i needed help from the authorities it was a 12 min response time, very under staffed. now when the patrols get to there call they are normally a few minutes ahead of back up so they need the tools to do there jobs as needed. however this is why WE need the same tools to protect US. a hell bent crack addict, or a sick bastard trying to do wrong can get alot of mayhem done in 12 minutes. something downstate politicions cant dont or wont understand. so yes bring more cops on board, tool them to do the job, but remember its up to us to protect our and are own so leave my second amendment alone... just my thoughts.

this all comes back to an upstate down state thing. you might see 3 leos per mile but here in rural upstate we end up with 4 to 6 leos patrolling 100s of sqaure miles. the last time i needed help from the authorities it was a 12 min response time, very under staffed. now when the patrols get to there call they are normally a few minutes ahead of back up so they need the tools to do there jobs as needed. however this is why WE need the same tools to protect US. a hell bent crack addict, or a sick bastard trying to do wrong can get alot of mayhem done in 12 minutes. something downstate politicions cant dont or wont understand. so yes bring more cops on board, tool them to do the job, but remember its up to us to protect our and are own so leave my second amendment alone... just my thoughts.

Whenever involved in an accident, or reporting a crime in progress, I expect nothin sooner than 30+ mins for a response time for NYPD in my parts. I once waited 2 hours for a cop to show up only to tell me he didn't want to take the report.

Well ppl did you see where NYS is about to increase the state troopers....think they'll hire educated illegal immigrants to up hold the Safe act??? :mad::fie:

We might be required to speak Spanish at traffic stop .

The next thing that will probably happen is to make them Legal ...... oh wait ..... that was already on the news this am to make something like 14 million Illegals , legal .... What The Heck !

Police state. And those without the guns are more than willing to pay their salaries.

Essentially, yes it is. And it's only going to get worse.

What is your point? Do you have a problem with law enforcement?

Uhhhh, I have a problem with a monstrous police force of overpaid fat guys who sit around doing nothing of consequence except functioning as revenue generators by means of traffic enforcement. I have a problem with guys who get uppity because you point out that Suffolk has a plethora of cops, cops who are grossly overpaid for the risk level of their jobs, and make my taxes as high as they are because their union is constantly in a pissing contest with Nassau about who should be paid more every few years. And finally, I have a problem with anyone who will enforce unconstitutional laws, okay officer?

Edited by Felonious_Monk
  • Like 1

Wow, a bunch of mostly untrue generalizations. Most people that have a problem with law enforcement are loser criminals who blame thier lowly lives on the people enforcing the laws that they can't abide by. After reading some of your ridiculous posts, you probably are the same.

Wow, a bunch of mostly untrue generalizations. Most people that have a problem with law enforcement are loser criminals who blame thier lowly lives on the people enforcing the laws that they can't abide by. After reading some of your ridiculous posts, you probably are the same.

Thanks for showing how you really feel.

Tell that to all the victims of police brutality and raped females from officers on duty pulling them over and all those individuals that is profiled and unjustly harassed because they are in the minority. What's that? You won't because you don't have the balls to do that? Or are you too ignorant to accept the fact that law enforcement is nothing more than HUMANS doing human things, and some of that includes crime.

The most feared criminal is one that knows the law.

Edited by shawnhu