Pocket 9mm Decision

• I have been looking into a small CC 9mm, one that I could carry in a pocket or inside my jacket pocket. I have both S&W Body guards... the .380 and .38 revolver.

I have looked at S&W Shield: the CM9 Kahr; the Beretta Nano; the Sig 290 and P938; the Ruger LC9; the Diamondback; the Kel-Tec PF9. I did not look at the Taurus or Kimbers.

I had my heart set on the Shield from the start but until I could hold it I would not make the decision. I also was not sure it was as small as I wanted either. IMO without a doubt, the Shield has the best trigger, hands down. I loved the way it felt in my hand as well but just could not get past that it was just a little to big and heavy for what I was looking for.

I love the look of the Nano but it felt wide and blocky and I did not like the slippery finish. I looked at and held it 3 times because I liked the looks.

I liked the sights on the Kahr very much and really considered this gun but would not commit until I held the Shield.

After handling these 3 , I dismissed the Kel-tec; the Ruger and the DBack.

I kept coming back to the Sigs, both the 290 and 938 but the Sig 938 just fit my hand. I loved the quality, feel, the balance and it was about was small.

After several weeks of looking, watching and reading reviews on all the small 9mm I have made my decision and will purchase the Sig Sauer P938... in Rosewood if I can. Now to start looking.

post-402-0-98189200-1360977996_thumb.jpg

When I wanted to get a small 9mm for a pocket carry gun I checked out all of them, It camr down to the Kahr PM9, the Walther PPS 9mm or the Kimber Solo 9mm. I bought the Kahr PM9. I got it for $549. I'd still like to get the Kimber Solo 9mm. I have several conceal-carry guns and want to get a couple of more.I( have the Kahr PM9, S&W 642 Airweight 38+P, Bond Coyboy Defender in 45LC/410, Rossi 971 357mag with the muzzle brake, Colt 80 series 1911 Combat Commander, and a Ruger GP100 - 357 mag. My next handgun will be a larger caliber either a Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 mag, maybe a Red Hawk 44 mag, S&W 44mg, S&W 454 Casual or a S&W 460. Not sure yet on this one, but It is my next purchase so I have to decide here with in a month. I have a Kimber full size 1911 Pro team Match, a Ruger Single-Six 22LR/22Mag, Two Ruger Mark 2s both have Bull Barrels one is ten inch the other is six & seven-eights inch, and a Thompson Center Contender with a ten inch 22 caliber barrel and a fourteen inch 45LC/410 barrel with a vent rib. You can never have enough handguns. I sold several handguns I bought & upgraded the last year or so. All of my handguns are Stainless Steel except the Thompson Center Contender. Each gun has a specific use, I like to shoot as often as I can, But with the way they cut back on the ammo I don't get out like I'd like to. You always need a sufficient amout of ammo with-in your reach just in-case thing go hay-wire. England, Austraila and other countries confiscated all of their guns, It won't happen here in the US with ot a fight.Look what your state is doing to you guys. It's time to stand your ground.

Interesting piece that Rohrbaugh...

I met one of the owners of Rohrbaugh about 8 or 10 years ago. He was a lawyer from NYC. He showed me the first pistol, serial #1 that they made, it was all steel and not even on the market yet. He wanted to design a small pistol, similar to the C camp but with better fire power, so he and a friend, who I think was an engineer came up with this gun. I cant remember which one it was but one of their last names is Rohrbaugh, (pronounced "raw-bore") I kept pronouncing it wrong so he finally corrected me. Nice guy.

• Just put in my pre-order for a Sig Sauer P938 Equinox from Rockwell Arms in Idaho. Not sure when I will see it. They say 3 - 6 months but they said it very well may be earlier... they don't want to promise sooner and then have me wait. $669 plus $20 ship. Gander can't touch this price. They are $799 for the Nightmare. Here is a pic of the Equinox below as well as a review link.

• Anyone done business with Rockwell Arms? Just curious how everything went.

post-402-0-25538700-1361477291.jpg

Edited by nybuckboy