Penny for your thoughts..

wooly

I was going through my loose change in my pocket today when I found this little treasure!

Pretty interesting year in penny history if anyone's interested in that kinda stuff.

It inspired me to do a little research, and I actually learned something today! :gamer:

It's no antler, but still a pretty cool find..

_CSC0010_zps59e63fd8.jpg

_CSC0012_zps13377759.jpg

That is cool, never seen one. What did you learn about it? I collect different coins. I don't know too much about any that i have.

It's worth $1 in this condition,lol

I guess they started out being minted in Philladelphia, before production began in San Francisco. A 1908"S" stamped circulation penny(San Fran) in mint condition is worth about $69.

Non circulated 1908"S" pennies are worth $400+

I have quite a few indian heads many from the late 1800's.. I have a metal detector and find them all the time. I have been fortunate enough to have found a 1798 Spanish 2 reale silver coin and it was on my hunting property here in CNY.. near an old cellar hole.

Figures.. the one time I find something worth 100x's it's face value and it still aint worth squat,lol

I'd like to get into metal detecting one day. Seems like a hobby I could have some fun with!

I love it.. its addicting... I have brought it hunting with me in case I run across a cellar hole while wandering through the woods... I've found tons of cool stuff.

My detector picks up the iron in the rocks ..... pita. I know there has to be some cool stuff by the cabin,it was all farm at one time many moons ago. I try to descriminate it but just not good enough.Agrivates me.I get tired of digging up stone.

Sweet find.......love the old coinage from years ago. I have a few indians,flying eagles and large cent pennies.

My favorite is still the Morgan silver dollars from Carson City. Coin collecting gets very addictive and expensive .

ive got one of them (i think)

My detector picks up the iron in the rocks ..... pita. I know there has to be some cool stuff by the cabin,it was all farm at one time many moons ago. I try to descriminate it but just not good enough.Agrivates me.I get tired of digging up stone.

What kind of detector do you have?