LI Hunting Success

Karpteach

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went out last night to hang a stand on state land behind the inlaws... hung the set, climbed up in half way had deer coming in already and right before sun down i had about 10 does under the stand. was going to thin one out of the herd but they spooked out of there.

cant wait to check my trail cam this weekend, its been there for a week. i just hope with all the rain and wind i have some decent activity on it.

Geno, the in-laws property sounds hopeful.

its a nice little honeyhole... natural funnel where deer come though like crazy. in one night last year i saw over 20 deer. had good encounters with some nice size 8s last year, i always see bucks in there. i have never taken a deer from that property but i always see them, this is my second season in there. we will see what happends. id like to take some does out of there.

Havnt really been seeing anything... there always seems to be something that ruins my hunt, whether it be guys on quads or polish people coming though the woods yelling and picking mushrooms---literally... no offense if anyone here is polish. or crazy winds with crazy rain, its always something.

i can not seem to luck out.

I saw 20 deer on Sat...about 8 different bucks..could not get any clear shots...1 buck on Sunday, I was on the ground in a natural blind, and he was 7 feet away. When his head got behind a cedar tree, I tried to pull back, and I got a shooting pain in my tricep..had to redraw, and got busted......Something always goes wrong.......

hey finfeather your actually getting in some hunting time,i guess its a little slow by you.if you ever want some company let me know if its helps im petes friend and been coming to you for about 15 years.usally stop in to see whats come and get some tails.anyway hope to see you soon and pete must be telling teresa he wants to go hunting she keeps mentioning it to me.