LI Hunting Success

Karpteach

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit a a buck with 3 points on one side tn around 630ish at 15 yrds.  hit him in the center of his ribcage and arrow didn't go allway through.  he ran off with half the arrow sticking out.  Found no blood, he will bleed enternally in sure .... I am going to look for him in the morning.  Hes either a 6 or 8 pointer basket rack.  dnt know if ill be able to sleep tonight.

Nice going, hope you find him.

My friend has gone out 6 times already and has seen 4 different eight point bucks, 3 big ones and a smaller eight point.  He hasnt been able to get them in close enough for a shot.  He will be trying again tomorrow.

Hit a a buck with 3 points on one side tn around 630ish at 15 yrds.  hit him in the center of his ribcage and arrow didn't go allway through.  he ran off with half the arrow sticking out.  Found no blood, he will bleed enternally in sure .... I am going to look for him in the morning.  Hes either a 6 or 8 pointer basket rack.  dnt know if ill be able to sleep tonight.

i hope you recover him, exhaust every avenue you can.

goodluck, let us know how you make out

Timmy...I hope you find him..I lost a doe like that 2 seasons ago...started tracking her, recovered the arrow along the way, covered with blood, but never found her...very crappy feeling, and I still revisit that scenario evertime I am on stand...good luck...

yes it does... as long as you did everything you did on the recover that all you really can do. Its never fun hitting a deer and not being able to make the recover however it does sharpen your edge as a hunter... waiting for an opportune shot and placing it well or maybe giving a deer more time in the future before going after it. whatever the edge it sharpens it can only make you better.  It may be the first but unfortunately may not be the last of your hunting career.

goodluck this season.

Took my Sika deer to Oakdale and got back my mount with hair missing all over the throat.  He told me I did it when I dragged my deer.  Never went back there again.  This was a wild sika not a caged hunt.

Also, Timmy was your shot behind the shoulder?  Sounds like you hit the shoulder?

Took my Sika deer to Oakdale and got back my mount with hair missing all over the throat.  He told me I did it when I dragged my deer.  Never went back there again.  This was a wild sika not a caged hunt.

Also, Timmy was your shot behind the shoulder?  Sounds like you hit the shoulder?

It was more towards the back of the ribcage, maybe to far back im guessing, it was the biggest buck i personally have ever drawn on so I got tunnel vision.  Wasn't a big deer but to me it was my personal best.

It was more towards the back of the ribcage, maybe to far back im guessing, it was the biggest buck i personally have ever drawn on so I got tunnel vision.  Wasn't a big deer but to me it was my personal best.

liver / liver lung...

they need alot of time if you hit that. blood can sometimes be good or blood can be very little... either way the deer will expire but will run for a long ways if pushed.

Give me a call, I will look at it and see what can be done...maybe I can come up with a replacement cape for you...[516] 847-0087

Timmy, that sucks...I've been there, and know what you are going through...

+1 to what Geno said. I have liver hits pile up in 30 yards and I have them go 100, some times with little to no blood. Either way they die, I would bet liver/gut..or there is a small chance you hit the high area in between the gut and loin and  didn't hurt the deer at all. You need to find that arrow for a better idea. Liver will be a deep red with a grit to it and also a strong smell. If you can't find blood and know where the bedding area is, start there.

i have deff seen a few gut shot deer around water dead. even if it is the smallest of water...  no its not common at all, might be coincidence for all i know. some gut shot deer may not even make it to water. had guys say they gut shot a deer and sure enough found them near water days later...

a buddy of mine just sent me a text of a huge 9 point the his nephew smoked with the bow on the island. BIG!

send it over to rich at FINS TO FEATHERS

i dont know the guy who shot it, i just received a text from my buddy. otherwise i would

just hung one of the best sets with a buddy of mine, one of those spots thats has unbleievale amoutn of travel, dropping and runs! cant wait to let this sport cool and get in there soon!

trail cam rolling, we'll see what we get