LI Hunting Success

Karpteach

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have deff seen a few gut shot deer around water dead. even if it is the smallest of water...  no its not common at all, might be coincidence for all i know. some gut shot deer may not even make it to water. had guys say they gut shot a deer and sure enough found them near water days later...

Kind of like this?

post-461-13145535884_thumb.jpg

This cool spell should do the work for us. This weekend will be in the 50's. hopefully we will see more movement. I think the rut starts soon ( I wish we could ask a buck about that).

im hoping this weekend is a good one! i hope my trail cam has been taking some pics of some bucks.

Yeah, I took it this past Sunday up in 3K. She was only 13yds from my stand, and with the angle of the shot being what it was, the opposite side had a wad of guts hanging out the exit hole. She went approximately 120yds and took a last swim. The entrance wound from a Muzzy MX-3

post-461-131455358898_thumb.jpg

I've been out only 3 times since Oct.1 but I've been seeing deer every time. My buddy shot 2 does last week with in 5 minutes of each other. One he dropped right down ( hit her high in the spine) and the second one he shot went about 200 yds. We tracked her for about 2 hrs and finally recovered her. Didnt get home till 10:30 that night. I was out all day Monday and had a small spike come in behind my stand around 8 AM. Smart little guy... he looked right up at me and then he moved off to my left but stayed right in the thick scrub brush.....never had a shot. Late that evening (I had moved my stand after lunch) I tried a few soft grunts. I didn't see anything and was getting ready to start climbing down when all of a sudden here comes a giant buck. It was about 6:15 and it was too dark for a shot. From what I could see he looked to be at least a 10 with real high tines and nice mass. One of the biggest I ever seen out on the Island. I'm gonna try again soon but moving my stand further back hoping to catch him a little earlier. I'll keep you posted. Good luck everybody this season!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

wish i can download some of these pics i have on my phone of my buddies friends deer. all taken on the island. a big 9, big 16 point some nice deer...

Send a 'picture message' off the cell to your email address.

I dunno if it hosts pics here, or register for a photobucket acct for free hosting..

Wow, the thread is getting more interesting by the minute.  This site has more drama than a day time soap opera.

what drama are you referring to? if LI hunt is right about that deer being shot 2 years ago then either my buddy is messin with me or his buddy was messin with him. no drama lol...

I really have to figure out how to get pics from my camera to the computer....I am so computer stupid, ...I shun technology.

its easy rich!

i ahve some pics of some really nice deer taken on sat but im afraid to post them after the other was an oldie lol. but i will put them up....