First Arrest made with NYSafe Act.

According to the Buffalo News today the first arrest for the sale (set up) of an "assault- style" weapon was made to an undercover state police officer. The 32 yr. old sold 2 weapons to the officer in Chautauqua co. NY. An  AR-15,299 rounds of ammo.& 6 large cap. magazines. Also an Ar-10 & 21 rounds of ammo.  The guy is a Iraq War veteran.

Edited by hunter49

Yup... you can't trust anyone, unless you really know them. I can see them doing spot inspections at gun ranges to see what everyone is shooting and if they are properly registered.

I believe that they have been planning this whole thing out for a long time. Think about it. If your car is illegally searched and what the king has deemed to be an "illegal" gun is found, you would beat the charge but there is no way you will get your gun back. Just like when a crack dealer has his charge dismissed but doesn't get his dope back.

Thats what little king Cuomo thinks of us.

bad reporting..... the ar15 had 3 add ons, the sale was made in jan. so it fell under the '94 law.('94 penalty) now the ar10 was a fully legal transaction. the firearm as stated had only the pistol grip, which makes it legal to own (we have until next early year to dispose of or register). the private sale happened thursday the 14. no nics check required. that started today the 15th. hi cap mags? they were owned before the act. as long as they had no more then 7 loaded (or were dated to prove manufacture date) legal. So everyone is under the assumption the police know the law and are always right. you would think if they were looking to prove a point they would have at least made a clean arrest. this is only going to piss people off more. now that there is one bad arrest how elevated is the danger going to be on the following arrests regardless if the good or not? bad things on the horizon.

According to the Buffalo News today the first arrest for the sale (set up) of an "assault- style" weapon was made to an undercover state police officer. The 32 yr. old sold 2 weapons to the officer in Chautauqua co. NY. An  AR-15,299 rounds of ammo.& 6 large cap. magazines. Also an Ar-10 & 21 rounds of ammo.  The guy is a Iraq War veteran.

At this point its only a report. What has the individual been charged with? Has a grand Jury indicted him yet. Lets see how the procees plays out first before passing any kind of judgement!

At this point its only a report. What has the individual been charged with? Has a grand Jury indicted him yet. Lets see how the procees plays out first before passing any kind of judgement!

i wish i knew how to cut and paste into this forum, havent figured it out yet. if you go to the buffalonews the article states he has been charged under the ny safe act. the fact is the state trooper jumped the gun (sorry about the pun) shows whats in store.  a case of i wanna make the first arrest, maybe get to meet the gov, get a medal and a promotion! this is just going to ruffle the feathers of regular nyers, making a bad thing even worse.

i wish i knew how to cut and paste into this forum, havent figured it out yet. if you go to the buffalonews the article states he has been charged under the ny safe act. the fact is the state trooper jumped the gun (sorry about the pun) shows whats in store.  a case of i wanna make the first arrest, maybe get to meet the gov, get a medal and a promotion! this is just going to ruffle the feathers of regular nyers, making a bad thing even worse.

Being charged with a crime is one thing, being indicted for a crime is another. Having served on a Grand jury several times, the majority can indict a ham sandwich. Should the individual be indicted, he has several options before him. I for one hope he fights the charges should he be indicted. One can be rest assurred that this individual will need need financial support and most assuredly it be forthcoming.

Lets see what the DA has to say. You can expect that the press will make a big deal out of this to sell more papers and sensationalize this to meet their ends.

bad reporting..... the ar15 had 3 add ons, the sale was made in jan. so it fell under the '94 law.('94 penalty) now the ar10 was a fully legal transaction. the firearm as stated had only the pistol grip, which makes it legal to own (we have until next early year to dispose of or register). the private sale happened thursday the 14. no nics check required. that started today the 15th. hi cap mags? they were owned before the act. as long as they had no more then 7 loaded (or were dated to prove manufacture date) legal. So everyone is under the assumption the police know the law and are always right. you would think if they were looking to prove a point they would have at least made a clean arrest. this is only going to piss people off more. now that there is one bad arrest how elevated is the danger going to be on the following arrests regardless if the good or not? bad things on the horizon.

I think you should go back and read the article again. But more importantly the unsafe Act. The day it was signed you could no longer sell AW with one "evil feature" within the state.

• Like 1

So your back from Iraq, you survived mortars, IED's and countless attacks from a hostile enemy, thanks for all your help in defending this country and freedom.  Now sell your guns and go to jail!!!  In other news cops are looking for more kids at school who make a pizza into a toy gun like they own at home called a cap gun, or dart gun, highly illegal now a days...  (You can own a dart gun at home and purchase one legally in any toy store, but make one at school out of food and you are going to jail.  LOL nice laws for a "free society"...)

I notice the swat teams still have 30 round mags.  Good for us but not you...  No they are not exempt so why don't the feds arrest them?  Double standard?  It's OK for US to use these guns against the bad guys but if you want to protect yourself against the bad guys, well just dial 911 and wait... 

Assault rifles cause the least amount of deaths so when some jerk does this "rampage" type shooting with a handgun in a few months....  They will say "why didn't we ban these guns instead of the "assault rifles"?  Lets ban them all will be next

When N. Korea bombs NY and Washington D.C. with nuclear armed subs and invades this great country and hacks our system they will have a list of all the "legally owned" fire arms in the US and start the "retraining" of our citizens...  (Yes that is out their but what IF???)  Or if Mexico gets the list of gun owners on the border they will know exactly which houses to invade to get more guns...  (They requested this list...)

This country was founded on the right of gun ownership to protect it's citizens against a tyrannical government.  THAT is what the 2nd amendment was for.  Not for hunting, not for protection against crooks and robbers but in defense of a government that wants to oppress its citizens.  When the 2nd amendment was written you HAD to hunt to eat...  Their were no phones so self protection with fire arms was standard as police were not always available to protect and serve. (Sound familiar?)

Easy to say no one needs a gun when you live with in 15-20 miles of a police station.  Response time is less than 10 min at worst usually... But what about the people who live in "rural" area's where emergency response time is usually over a half hour at best...  Dial 911 and wait?  While that home invader with his 7 friends try to brake in a door or window to rob your house. 

Forced gun registration so when you the smart ethical people who arrest solders from Iraq and kids in school eating food have no other people to harass you can come after gun owners?  DWI kills more kids than all the guns deaths in the US but they will not go after that? 

Guns are in every 1st person shooter game, every "action" movie.  Hell Hollywood not only glorifies the gun they embrace it.  Bored johny?  Play your video game you will feel better after killing everyone...  That's not good?  Ok turn on the TV and watch power rangers and play with your gun.  Don't let the cops see you as you were arrested for making a copy of that toy in school...

And you want people to register with these lunatics?   Free society yea right.  Cost me a extra 4 + dollars on smokes, I pay extra for ammo, gas, oil, soda and gun registration will cost extra to own THAT GUN!!!  Free? NO we pay for all this stuff that is brought upon us by our elected officials who get life time health insurance and benefits.  Again it ok for me to have this stuff but I will not go on Obama care because that is not good enough for me as an elected official.  I will keep my life long pay and health benefits, give the people Obama care...  And they wonder why we don't trust them...  Looks like another office gave himself a raise, unreal...

Sorry I'm babbling time to go shoot the bow before I continue this rant and get myself in trouble...  Just seems to me that society is loosing it's mind and logic has been thrown out the window more often than not.  Funny thing is I personally would like to start a family but society makes me second guess that notion.

Hammers have been statistically proven to be more dangerous than guns yet they don't consider banning them, wonder why...  It would save so many...  Cars kill many more people than guns when is this problem going to be addressed!!! 

Soon enough we will be just like Mexico and have all guns banned and be as safe as they are now...   Arg

Edited by NFA-ADK

I think you should go back and read the article again. But more importantly the unsafe Act. The day it was signed you could no longer sell AW with one "evil feature" within the state.

Ford i took your advice and reread the safe act (not the faq on cuomos page). pg 20 sect h, any weapon made illegal by this law must be 'disposed' of within one year of the law taking effect. he was doing just that. this applies to the ar 10 in the artical the one he was arrested for. 

Ford i took your advice and reread the safe act (not the faq on cuomos page). pg 20 sect h, any weapon made illegal by this law must be 'disposed' of within one year of the law taking effect. he was doing just that. this applies to the ar 10 in the artical the one he was arrested for. 

I believe it says they must be disposed of out of state though doesn't it?

as i said in a previous post. the ar 15 falls under '94 law, not the safe act that was reported. he was arrested on the ar 10 sale.

I believe it says they must be disposed of out of state though doesn't it?

"may only be sold to, exchanged with or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons or out of state". At the time of the exchange there was no nics check required to verify "authorized purchaser" to make an exchange. this is going to be a reoccurring with this law. those who wrote it and enforce it dont know it. until it either fully implemented of over turned in the courts many more bad arrests are soon to come.

Where do we find that then because on the SAFE FAQ page under "Assault Weapons" it reads:

"Q: What do I do if I don't want to register my assault weapon?

A: You can sell it to a New York State dealer or anyone out of state by January 15, 2014. Federal law has certain restrictions on shipping guns between states that you should consult before making a transfer."

http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

Where do we find that then because on the SAFE FAQ page under "Assault Weapons" it reads:

"Q: What do I do if I don't want to register my assault weapon?

A: You can sell it to a New York State dealer or anyone out of state by January 15, 2014. Federal law has certain restrictions on shipping guns between states that you should consult before making a transfer."

http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

directly from  s.2230 the law that was signed by the senators. i printed a copy from senator tom libus's web sight. it appears it has been pulled off his site. ill see if it posted else where. just remember the faq sheet is from cuomos office.

Edited by tuckersdaddy