I'm exhausted...

Deerthug

Just got home from celebrating my daughter's Sweet 16 party at the Crest Hollow Country club in Woodbury NY. A great time was had by all, and all the teens behaved.

Seems like only yesterday when I held her in my arms and I rocked her to sleep. Life has flown by so fast it's scary! Before I know it I'll be planning her wedding......

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I take it you live right in the city or a big town?...Dang it was wheels all the way for our country kids...Though after this...2wks mind you....less than 2 hundred yrds from the drive way...A party would have been ...less grey for me!!!...Lucky guy you are...lol

(sp)

Edited by growalot

I take it you live right in the city or a big town?...Dang it was wheels all the way for our country kids...Though after this...2wks mind you....less that 2 hundred yrds from the drive way...A party would have been ...less grey for me!!!...Lucky guy you are...lol

Lol! Yeah, we live in a town on LI. At her age I would have chosen a car too. But she hasn't even taken her permit test yet. Go figure....

I take it you live right in the city or a big town?...Dang it was wheels all the way for our country kids...Though after this...2wks mind you....less that 2 hundred yrds from the drive way...A party would have been ...less grey for me!!!...Lucky guy you are...lol

Wow anyone hurt?!?

The back of my head and my daughter.

Nice

its gonna be a car for me!!!

Thank God No...both the kids were in it..The insurance company came out and totaled the jeep....doesn't look that bad does it?...Her tire hit the side of the road....the 4ft deep culvert collapsed sucking the jeep in and she over steered to get out....lost it over steered several more times until it flipped.......she had just left the drive and was headed to school....under 20mph

Thanks MH....

God Blessed us all that morning on many fronts....It happened pretty much at home...I was out turkey hunting and heard the crash....no one was hurt and lots of driving lessons learned at one time...But siblings being siblings...It brought the kids together in a way I don't believe any thing else could have...and they are still close to this day.

She calls me nearly every evening on her drive home (hands free)...Ithaca to Corning ...I get to live through....her nearly getting rear ended...hit head on...turkies in the wind shield ....deer over the hood ......she drives a Honda and at 55 had the vehicle in front of her looses a drive shaft and it hit the road bounced and she ran over it...all the winter accidents she drives by...ect.ect....LOL the grey hair keep coming...but  30yrs old she needs Mom sitting by her...as it were... on that rather dangerous drive.

Very cool ,My first had her sweet 16 5 years ago . Helped my son with a car when he was 16.my little one is turning 16 this year and she is not sure which way to go yet  party or a night in the city with friends or a car.Man where does the time go?