Who is ready for the "Southern Zone" Oct 16th opener!?!

burmjohn

I dragged the old folding stool up on the archery range today and checked out a few shots from a sitting position. Also, tried a few shots from awkward positions and simulating a few slow draws and other kind of realistic shooting challenges. I always like to throw some reality practice in just to see if I can come up with some realistic scenario that might mess me up.

First thing tommorrow morning, it should be cold enough to throw on a few layers of heavy clothing and then my big old camo cover-alls. That's always a nifty exercise in frustration.

Doc

Oh ya all set. 6 stands in place,bow shoots great,first 3 days off. First 2 weeks of nov.off. First 2 weeks of gun off...... Plus my firefighter work hours leave plenty of other days to hunt !

Shooting,sleeping,soup cooking shack built and in place . Trails bush hogged,corn mostly down,freezer empty.

Kids away at college and a wife who does not care how much I hunt and owns farm land.

Ya I'd say I'm ready !!

Good Luck to all !!!

Trails finished here yesterday...camp Monday...Winter rye planted yesterday.......still practicing from my stand position...need to wear the new boots a bit more but they are GREAT.... I set up some supplies in the blind.... need to wash clothes and find sm. rack to my decoy....and not look out my front door to find 2 very nice bucks feeding 40yrds off the front porch.....It causes a lack of sleep ;)8)

I just have a couple small things to do, so I'll be heading up to the cabin on Wednesday night. Practice a little with the bow, retrieve the SD cards, put a camo skirt on one of the stands and shoot the rifles and ML a bit. I'll be hanging around for Sat., Sunday and Monday morning..... ...I'm about to jump out of my skin I cant contain myself....I want to wish everyone the best of luck... ;)