Who is ready for the "Southern Zone" Oct 16th opener!?!

burmjohn

It wont be in the south, but I am almost ready for the ml opener. Just  a few things left to do at camp this weekend.  I take the week off and will be at camp for the week. Oops I read closer sorry I did not realize it was limited to southern tier. 

I am ready, well almost. Still have to get one last blind done and a couple of branches trimmed. The only thing other than that is to wash my hunting clothes. Ill be out hunting for the first 3 days straight. I took that Monday off. If I get a deer Saturday or Sunday, Ill cancel that vacation day and go to work. I cant wait to get out there. Ill be practicing a bit from one of my stands this weekend.

I am ready and excited. I only get Saturday and Sunday but that still will not stop my excitement. :P  I know the 10 day for the weather may change but here in the 6P, 7J area they are calling for sun and a high of 54 on Saturday. Sounds like good weather for a great time in the tree stand. 9 more days and counting down :)

I am ready..hopefully this rain will dry up, we have a stream to cross to get to our spot. As of now it is a no go but fingers crossed it will go down to a reasonable depth by the opener. I plan on going out around home this weekend,(NZ) things have finally settled down and I am mentally ready.

I can't believe I'm saying this I need more time lol I'm never fully ready always doing laundry and scrambling to get things ready the night before lol.  I got two stands to move and one to hang but I don't think I'll be hunting out of any of those one so they will have plenty of rest time untill I hunt out of them.  Luckily only one of those stands to be hung will have a lot of trimming to do all the rest will be minimal trimming.  Idk about you guys but sometimes the trimming can take just as long if not longer than actually hanging the stand.  I also will be amping up my shooting to 30 arrows everyday instead of 10-15 just to put the finishing touches on before the season.  Then theres the barn to clean out to make room for all the deer that will be shot this year lol, but we won't even go down that road on how much needs to be done in there lol.  So much to do not enough time......  ???

Good luck

CNY

I still have to work out shooting with my heavy, heavy clothes. I had one chance to do that earlier and I wasn't real happy with the results, so as is the case every year, I have to tweak that aspect of my shooting. Other than that, I wish I had more stands prepared. It's been a heck of a summer and I have stayed busy doing summery things and the stand-work has been pushed back a bit.

Doc

4 stands at 100% readiness, 2 I haven't checked on but they should be fine from last year.  Haven't washed my clothes.  Just got a new dozen gold tips in the mail yesterday, have to break some of them in tomorrow night.  Have to put up posted signs on monday, and maybe MAYBE move another stand.

Getting married, honeymoon and now house hunting is cutting into my hunt time.

will be at my place the 15th to set up some life lines and  two more sets.  Also, have to wash the hunting clothes.  Also, will need to spray around all the trees I planted this year.  Just hunting the weekend than come home for 5 days and then heading out to Ohio for a week.

Other than washing my camo all I need to do is make sure my broadheads are tuned in. Then I'll just keep an eye on the weather and decide which set-up to hunt on opening day. I'll be in Delaware co. on weekends and back home in 7r-7s during the week.

One more trip to check a new area set with cameras last week. Wash the clothes, re-organize the gear and backpack and start to obessess over the weather. Campin out friday night before the openeer. First time doing fall camping prior to a hunt so still have to re-stock that gear from the summer trips and try out the coleman heater.  Wash the clothes, shoot from my stand, take the Mrs out for a big dinner to buy additional hunting time, than obessess over the weather some more!

Bow Hunting is probably out for me,the shoulder has not healed enough after surgery to seriously practice. I have shot  the bow several times for the past two weeks, but it hurts too much still. My wife is beside herself and she told the doctor, who told me to stop. I thought all the PT and exercises would get me ready, but I still not healed sufficiently. We will see though, I have not given up. Eventually, I will suck it up and get out in the field or else go stir crazy.

Bow Hunting is probably out for me,the shoulder has not healed enough after surgery to seriously practice. I have shot  the bow several times for the past two weeks, but it hurts too much still. My wife is beside herself and she told the doctor, who told me to stop. I thought all the PT and exercises would get me ready, but I still not healed sufficiently. We will see though, I have not given up. Eventually, I will suck it up and get out in the field or else go stir crazy.

Sorry to hear of your shoulder problems. I hope you can get out hunting soon. This should be a good year, so if you have to wait a few weeks you should still be able to score. Good luck!!!

I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I did want to change one stand probably do that tonight or tomarrow. I try to stay out of my hunting grounds for a couple weeks before but they're logging anyways so I may as well go on in. Luckily no logging on the weekend so I'm good for sat and sun I took monday off but we'll see if I need to (hopefully not!) I've talked with 4-5 loggers in my area (there is a pile of them in my area) and everyone said hunting will be great! Hope they are right!

I still have a couple things to do. Wash my clothes, pack my backpack. We brush hogged the trails about a month ago and put out a couple more stands and cameras. The place I hunt is 2.5 hours away so I only check them when I go back to hunt. I'm going to hunt Sat and Sun, my wife has weekends off so I try to hunt mostly during the week so I can still be around for "family time".

We had 3 nice bucks on camera after the season in January. I'm pumped but it's going to be tough to beat the 147", 205 pound, 8 point I arrowed on the 2nd day of the season last year!!!!! :)

Good luck!

Happy Hunting!