hunting tomorow morning....any tips?

TeeBugg

I'm jealous!  I'm tagged out and the birds are screaming.  I heard alot of gobblin' on Sat.+Sun..  This morning was unreal.  I had 2 longbeards follow 2 hens up my driveway, screaming all the way.  There was also a longbeard and 4 jakes in the bottom of the field with a hen.  Well, all hell broke loose and a seven way fight broke out.  What an awesome sight!  I came home from work at 5:00pm and there was a lone gobbler out in the field just gobbling away.  Good luck!  Hopefully they are screaming in your neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

Tips:

Hunt the open fields this time of year....or hunt the woods

Call softly this year....or call aggressively

Make sure & use a jake decoy this time of year....or lose the decoys

The gobblers will be henned up this time of year....or they will be cruising for hens

Your best chance of killing a bird is right off the roost...or at 11:45

All kidding aside...the only given is you'll probably need a rainsuit, a thermacell, and a couple bottles of water...and you can't get one if you don't get out there. Good luck, & shoot straight!

• Like 1

you guys are so lucky. I know you have work and family. But i have to find a day my dads not working(3 jobs this time of year), when i have no tests or quizzes in the morning(on week days), and when my dads not out with other stuff. We take every chance we get as my dad doesnt really hunt without me we have been our 3 days so far and not a single gobble.

Hunting sun up to noon tomorow. Judging by the tracks i saw, that were fresh....they came thru this morning before i got there. Im gonna complete my goal of two longbeards! Ive taken a jake and a gobbler or two jakes before....but never two mature birds in the same season! Connected on the 2nd of this month with a great 3 or 4 year old....time to complete the task!

you guys are so lucky. I know you have work and family. But i have to find a day my dads not working(3 jobs this time of year), when i have no tests or quizzes in the morning(on week days), and when my dads not out with other stuff. We take every chance we get as my dad doesnt really hunt without me we have been our 3 days so far and not a single gobble.

Hang in there bud, you'll have lots of time when school is outta the way.

Always cherish those hunting trips with your dad too.

Check out the song by Tracy Byrd called" Pass It On". It's a good one and it always hits home.

Hang in there bud, you'll have lots of time when school is outta the way.

Always cherish those hunting trips with your dad too.

Check out the song by Tracy Byrd called" Pass It On". It's a good one and it always hits home.

Will do as im the only kid in my grade that listens to country music haha, thanks!

• Like 1

Hope u get a chance to spend some quality time with your dad turkey hunting.  Hang in there and when u least expect it, a gobble will break the silence and send chills down your back. It sure does me still!

• Like 1

Hang in there man. When I was in high school I almost got kicked off the hockey team because I hunted so much. You'll get your chances it just comes with time. The frustration of having little time will soon pay off and fade away

I'm hunting a new property tomorrow never been there is my buddy's uncles. I guess it's hardwoods with a big corn field in the middle of it. This is my first year taking turkey hunting seriously I normally hunt my property in the southern tier which is a mix of pines and hard woods. If we hunt the field should we get there before sun up or can we sneak in later in the morning around 8 or so?