Before pics...

So I just finished fertilizing for the power plant...kink in my back so I'm resting...had to hand /walk 150 #'s over the plot...Mr B has the little JD at camp mowing and the 2nd one is under the weather..hhmmm any how loaded up some pics

the rye that has clover growing in some of it...I'm 5' 5" and some is over my head!...the lower plot taken from my blind and then looking back at blind and the fence I've mentioned a hundred times...only because it's taking me years to do....post cut from property  and set by hand...I'm doing this by my self..it will get finished...lol ...By the way...those post are straighter than they look and the fence line isn't quit as uneven as it looks ..though.....I shoot straighter then I set fencing LOL

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

Thanks..I just planted the upper plot...the pic show where our sweet corn will go....nearest cam ..so wet I think the other half will be hog radish..the farthest (wth pine) and back is just a portion of the planted plot...... the rest goes up behind the garden ...... about twice as big as what you see....... all other green will get sprayed down and planted in braccs this fall..maybe oats to...

PS...this is a  shameful brag....see how close to the fence I disced...and never hit it once! :D

wish  I could drive a car that good......

Lol.... I'll need radish to get through that clay loam....I spent a half hour digging it out from two discs...gathered grass and rocks then packed it tighter than ...Dolly pardon in a bra....hahaha thought you guys would appreciate that...lol...

yep I'm feeling a bit better now that one plot is finished and the others are set to go...The clover in the one pic is growing like mad...I mowed it 3 days ago and look at all the flowers!

• Like 1

So I just finished fertilizing for the power plant...kink in my back so I'm resting...had to hand /walk 150 #'s over the plot...Mr B has the little JD at camp mowing and the 2nd one is under the weather..hhmmm any how loaded up some pics

the rye that has clover growing in some of it...I'm 5' 5" and some is over my head!...the lower plot taken from my blind and then looking back at blind and the fence I've mentioned a hundred times...only because it's taking me years to do....post cut from property  and set by hand...I'm doing this by my self..it will get finished...lol ...By the way...those post are straighter than they look and the fence line isn't quit as uneven as it looks ..though.....I shoot straighter then I set fencing LOL

This is my first time planting it...I managed to get a good price on 50#'s..(relatively) and decided to give it a try...I'm planting in two areas. One is pretty weed free any ways and the other...Well I'm fighting daisies...and they have been winning  so I thought WTH.  I plot areas with long term plans set in my head so in the pic here...this fence is going up so that I can disc and plant it down the road...It's my last area that needs "smoothing"...but it lines the hunting property of the guys that have been trespassing and shooting at us. So I've been collecting fencing over the years...this first section will have 48in. goat/ sheep fencing put up...this I bought new and I have and older solar fencer. White electric ribbon fencing will stretch between the wood posts above that....then farther down the fence line along the woods 6-8ft foot chain link will go up...I've collected  several hundred feet of that.

As I plant that  I'll be able to let any plots giving me weed problems to be worked. One entire summer. This will help break any weed cycles and allowing for perennial planting...which will probably be alfalfa/clover. The fenced area will have sections of annuals put in it while I'm getting rocks/furls and weeds under control...

My absolute best tree stand sits right at the very far edge of that lane way...I have passed on some really nice buck during bow season there because I feared they would run down hill off us instead of up hill...I shot the buck in my avatar  last year from that stand...I had a beautiful 8pt dragged off one year when I went to get permission to retrieve it ..just over the line. At the time I was a few hundred ft up on our land when I shot him during gun.... but he ran down hill...this was before cell phones. Now with the fence I have less chance of that happening and it will stop them from shooting at the deer while they are still on our land instead of waiting for them to cross over...which is how we've come very close...inches once...to being shot and dressed head to toe in orange.

Edited by growalot

• 2 months later...

Power plant up date...I'll never plant it again!...Don't get me wrong...it grew...finally...and the deer ate in it all summer...but only the beans and the sunflowers...2acres  worth of seed on an acre and 5 sunflower plants made it...right now the sorghum...which is very short is headed out...deer not touching it and they stopped eating the beans as well...vines are getting vary tall...but the best growth were...The weeds

Both areas will now have to be put in RR seed for a few years(which reg ag RR soybeans...cheaper then the PP)......which is some thing I don't have to do...a annual rotaion usually works but these are aggressive seeding weeds

So lessen for the season learned

• Like 1

That entire area by fence in above pic is planted...and beyond ...for I have two 16 ft cattle panels and two 6 x10ft sections of rebar mesh I'm installing until I start the next phase ...as soon as the sweet corn is picked  that will angle across the field toward a stand I have in the middle of the lane-way

So if it comes in well there will be oats ...WW...med red...and Alice clovers...that will cover now ..winter and turkey hunting in the spring and maybe fall