Hello everyone !

Bam8015

Hello everyone, I am happy I found this website. I have been hunting since I was a kid and read "Hunting for Boys" way back in I think fourth grade. I am looking to connect with some tips as to where I can hunt as it seems difficult to find a place since I moved back here from Colorado about ten years ago. Growing up in Western NY I had family farm land, now in Central NY it has been difficult to say the least. My love is to waterfowl hunt, but pretty much enjoy anytime in the field hunting large and small game. Looking forward to reading some posts and getting information.

Bam

Welcome.  You can pick up some info here, but NYS hunting website is good for learning about public land access and seasons.  I also believe you can find NY fish & game magazine online.  Other than NYC, there are plenty of public land opportunities in NY.

Welcome!

Where did you live in Colorado and what brought you back east?

I lived in Longmont CO near Boulder ... spent a lot of time in North Eastern Colorado at a friends ranch in Sterling, CO.

My hometown was Medina, NY and was brought back to NY by Remington Arms as a Rifle Quality Engineer. I stayed with Remington for about three years and then moved on. Great place, but I was looking for more in my career.

Hello everyone, I am happy I found this website. I have been hunting since I was a kid and read "Hunting for Boys" way back in I think fourth grade. I am looking to connect with some tips as to where I can hunt as it seems difficult to find a place since I moved back here from Colorado about ten years ago. Growing up in Western NY I had family farm land, now in Central NY it has been difficult to say the least. My love is to waterfowl hunt, but pretty much enjoy anytime in the field hunting large and small game. Looking forward to reading some posts and getting information.

Bam

Glad to hear it. You'll do good with hunting in NY. I'm sure there's some folks in your area who would steer you in the right direction.

As I recall, there was a thread a while back for guys up around there looking to get into waterfowling.

This site is a good resource and hunting is kinda our thing, so jump on in! Best of luck

I lived in Longmont CO near Boulder ... spent a lot of time in North Eastern Colorado at a friends ranch in Sterling, CO.

My hometown was Medina, NY and was brought back to NY by Remington Arms as a Rifle Quality Engineer. I stayed with Remington for about three years and then moved on. Great place, but I was looking for more in my career.

I have friends in that area.  One lives in Louisville and the other in Westminster.  Ever been to the Salty Dog Bar?  My buddy runs the joint.

I have hunted a bunch of places in Colorado over the years from the south east corner once to the west side of the state a bunch.  Great place to visit but I'm a Homer.......!  I like things (hunting, fishing, family) here in NYS to much to ever leave for more than a couple weeks at a time.

I even have a connection to Medina!  I had a contract for some maintenance at Medina Memorial Hospital from 1988-1997 and got to know a bunch of people up there.  I trained my first Lab on Bill Keppler's Forrestal Farms ducks & pheasants back in 1987 & 1988.

My FIL has a place in Waterport that we visit often in the summer.  Ever been to that cool cemetery in Albion?  (I think that is where it is)  It has that real cool tower you can climb and see for MILES!  (I didn't have the onions to climb to the top though)

Oh well, welcome and enjoy.