Climbing sticks for hangon stand??

Jrs5144

I like the kind that come in separate ladder sections that hang independently.<br /><br />Didn't think I would , but prefer them to the stick style.<br /><br />Gives you more freedom, you can put them as far apart or close together as you feel comfortable with, rotate around a tree. Avoid branches etc.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my phone.<br /><br />

• Like 1

I buy the individual three foot sections of climbing sticks.  this way I know no one will be in my stand when I get there or even worse laying below my stand.  They aren't too expensive and three of them can get you 15feet high which is usually plenty high enough although I like to be 20.  maybe 15bucks a section? I can't remember since I bought them a couple years ago.

Me too. Lone Wolf climbing sticks. 3 pieces that go on separately . 3 get me 15 feet up,I too would like 20 but make do the few times I use this set up.

Take the bottom one with me easier to carry then my bow.

Truth be told I have not seen a sign of another hunter on my spot in years and years, so someone using my stand is not much of a concern , but I like to be safe .

Plus the aplha stand is used with one strap and you cn cam lock it. Its very stable and fast that way. Again...I really use only on public or out of state. But I have used it a few times when I need to make a move sah if my stand was 40 or 50 yds from where it needed to be. It is very quiet though. Just not super comfy.

If you take the bottom one or two off it takes literally two minutes if that to be in your stand.  The Gorilla ones I use have straps that just go around the tree and hook back to the stick, cinch it tight and climb.  They are good too if the tree has libs or isn't perfectly straight like a full stick needs. 

Look on Craigs List or garage sales for extension ladders . Some are pretty cheap and a couple cans of cheap  paint will camo them .

+1 thats what i did on a few of mine...

not bow stands only gun at the edge of crop fields...

You wouldn't do that on public land would you? It wouldn't be a problem on private land where you don't really have to worry about going deep to avoid other hunters, But when I am hunting public land I generally go the "lean & mean" route and travel as light as possible.  And on state land that generally means carry in and carry out. Lol .... I already donated a trail-cam, thinking that it was located in a place on state land where nobody would ever think of going. Bad move on my part.

was it locked on the tree? im a total lock fanatic and will NOT put out a trail cam without a lock on it... even tho its on our own private/posted land...

And by lock i mean heavy duty chain or cable around the tree and a heavy duty Master lock on the cam... i have not done any lock boxes yet but if i was on public land i would... plus i write my name/address several spots on the cam and on one of them I engraved my name in it...

Plus the aplha stand is used with one strap and you cn cam lock it. Its very stable and fast that way. Again...I really use only on public or out of state. But I have used it a few times when I need to make a move sah if my stand was 40 or 50 yds from where it needed to be. It is very quiet though. Just not super comfy.

Gottcha. Im just kinda thinking more along the lines of hanging my stands and taking the sticks in and out with me, leaving only the stand and the safety rope in the tree. I have a couple of spots that there have been theft issues for other guys in the past.

That's what I've been doing the past few years- leaving the hangers in the woods and carrying the sticks in/out with me.  It's pretty silent and I'm in my stand in a minute or two.  Beats the hell out of carrying a climber.  My plan is to add a few more hangers each year when they go on sale.  I doubt that I'll ever use my climber again.