If You're Against Crossbows During Archery

Five Seasons

eh... my best analogy is a handicapped parking space. You need to make an exception for those who love the early season, the stealth and the challenge. There are indeed implements for the compound bow that help disabled people use them, but for every able bodied person to use a crossbow is something I believe hurts the sport. there is certainly still challenge with a crossbow, but as I've said a million times over the push for a crossbow into a season meant to challenge the hunter is simply the result of our changing societies impatience and need for instant gratification... that and the manufacturers.

My thoughts if you want to allow the handicapped more opportunity by allowing use of what a few consider non archery equipment, why not allow them to use other non archery tools such as guns? Either they are archery or not.

• Like 1

My thoughts if you want to allow the handicapped more opportunity by allowing use of what a few consider non archery equipment, why not allow them to use other non archery tools such as guns? Either they are archery or not.

if using a crossbow was considered true archery I might agree.

For the life of me i cant figure out who any of us are to say what and when someone else can hunt with any kind of weapon!  You dont want to use something!  So Dont!

I'm glad to see you are so open minded and generous with bow seasons. I can hardly wait to hear you proposing that muzzleloaders join us out there and then of course .... why not any kind of gun. When you say "any kind of weapon", I assume that you are including any kind of weapon. That is exactly the attitude that makes bow hunters want some rather stringent regulations put on what should be allowed into bow season. There are many hunters who are irritated at the advantages that bow hunters have fought for and earned. Most of the those are gun hunters who simply salivate at a chance to easily jump into the middle of early bow-season. And in case anyone thinks that crossbows will be the end of these kinds of incursions, Don't be so naïve. Crossbows are not the end-game of those pushing them.

• Like 1

And there we go right in to extremes again. Funny how I have NEVER heard of a pro-crossbow person even insinuate any type of gun being included in bow season, yet it gets thrown out there like its a fact in every debate on the subject.

Well, I understand you trying to provide some traction for that ridiculous comment about extremes by repeating it as often as you can. I also understand that it doesn't help your pro-crossbow stance to have that bit of logic pointed out to you. But, if you had read the reply that I was referring to, guns are included in the category of "any kind of weapon" and there is nothing extreme about that interpretation. It's simple English. So Four Season Whitetails' statement takes on even more clarity for those that want to see it.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think that even you are so naïve as to believe that we have heard the last of muzzleloaders being part of the early bow season. So don't be seeing firearms in bow season as being some kind of extreme notion. That may make a neat sound-bite, but in fact it has already happened. So it turns out not to be as extreme as you are trying to make it out to be.

ML in early bow would cause the absolute fall to the entire structure. The earth would cease to exist. Remember that place where the big creator is? It use to be the Northern Zone. Years ago when they put ML the week before gun opener and in the last week of Bow it only took 2 years and all forms of life disappeared.  

Well, I understand you trying to provide some traction for that ridiculous comment about extremes by repeating it as often as you can. I also understand that it doesn't help your pro-crossbow stance to have that bit of logic pointed out to you. But, if you had read the reply that I was referring to, guns are included in the category of "any kind of weapon" and there is nothing extreme about that interpretation. It's simple English. So Four Season Whitetails' statement takes on even more clarity for those that want to see it.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think that even you are so naïve as to believe that we have heard the last of muzzleloaders being part of the early bow season. So don't be seeing firearms in bow season as being some kind of extreme notion. That may make a neat sound-bite, but in fact it has already happened. So it turns out not to be as extreme as you are trying to make it out to be.

"I can hardly wait to hear you proposing that muzzleloaders join us out there and then of course .... why not any kind of gun."

"Crossbows are not the end-game of those pushing them."

Not the first time youve made this ridiculous leap Doc. You can say it isnt the extreme end of things all you want, but your eyes turn more brown every time you say it.

Last I knew, the only group with a dog in the crossbow hunt, pushing for the early muzzle loader season is your precious NY Bowhunters, Inc. You know, the anti-crossbow, I dont wanna share my season with another hunter types? I specifically said that I had never heard a pro-crossbow person want to include guns during archery season, and my statement still stands.

For the life of me i cant figure out who any of us are to say what and when someone else can hunt with any kind of weapon!  You dont want to use something!  So Dont!

so you wouldn't be mad if I shot a fawn off my deck in shotgun only 8f with a 300 win mag in July?

right?

Edited by Belo

ML in early bow would cause the absolute fall to the entire structure. The earth would cease to exist. Remember that place where the big creator is? It use to be the Northern Zone. Years ago when they put ML the week before gun opener and in the last week of Bow it only took 2 years and all forms of life disappeared.  

i'm like to see the report on the NZ. Few buddies I know up there have seen less deer. So i can't claim that as gospel, but has it helped or hurt? genuine question.

Belo, on 08 Jul 2013 - 16:57, said:

so you wouldn't be mad if I shot a fawn off my deck in shotgun only 8f with a 300 win mag in July?

right?

I wouldn't care, In fact I think the shotgun rule is stupid and is written by people that don't comprehend ballistics. I support crossbow hunters even though I'm not going to use one. I deal with it in PA and the only change I've seen are some smug archery hunters that think they are better because they use a bow and they usually get put in their place by someone that hunts with a longbow or recurve! Most of the guys I know using them are older fellas that can't keep it going with a bow.

"I can hardly wait to hear you proposing that muzzleloaders join us out there and then of course .... why not any kind of gun."

"Crossbows are not the end-game of those pushing them."

Not the first time youve made this ridiculous leap Doc. You can say it isnt the extreme end of things all you want, but your eyes turn more brown every time you say it.

Last I knew, the only group with a dog in the crossbow hunt, pushing for the early muzzle loader season is your precious NY Bowhunters, Inc. You know, the anti-crossbow, I dont wanna share my season with another hunter types? I specifically said that I had never heard a pro-crossbow person want to include guns during archery season, and my statement still stands.

Is English your primary language? .... lol. Do you honestly see any other way to interpret, "any kind of weapon" than actually meaning exactly what it says. Now you're getting ridiculous and arguing just for the sake of arguing. There is no "leap" other than in your own mind. And your childish kicking and flailing against the NYB is beginning to look a bit desperate and pathetic too.

There are a lot of things that are unique to the Northern Zone that are not necessarily a great idea. And no the world does not cease to exist when some of these bonehead ideas get implemented. But then I don't believe we are discussing the fate of the world.

Is English your primary language? .... lol. Do you honestly see any other way to interpret, "any kind of weapon" than actually meaning exactly what it says. Now you're getting ridiculous and arguing just for the sake of arguing. There is no "leap" other than in your own mind. And your childish kicking and flailing against the NYB is beginning to look a bit desperate and pathetic too.

Im not talking about what Four Seasons said Doc. Im talking about this same "they are going to try and add guns to archery season" thing that you keep inserting into almost every crossbow debate. Sorry if the truth about the NYB hurts, but it is the truth. Nice to see the name calling make an appearance though.

Telling the truth about them is not attacking them.

As far as being on their nuts, it seems to me like the ones on their nuts are the ones that support them regardless of what their actions are.

You know what you can do with your comment about what I can or cant talk about...

i never said you could or could not talk about it. I just don't see the value. The NRA doesn't believe in background checks. I do. I'm still a member because i believe in their overall cause. NYB was ok with muzzleloaders, I was not. They aren't very big advocates for disabled hunters, and I am. I still believe in their overall cause. You're a member of an organization whose local chapter pushes ARs and whose national chapter does not. No organization is perfect.

As far as what you believe the truth is and what actually is... that's debatable. Again, I just don't see the value in bringing them up every other post. It brings nothing to the debate, just like the NYCC brings nothing. They're 2 organizations on opposite sides of the issue we're discussing. Why can't we just continue to discuss the issue?

i never said you could or could not talk about it. I just don't see the value. The NRA doesn't believe in background checks. I do. I'm still a member because i believe in their overall cause. NYB was ok with muzzleloaders, I was not. They aren't very big advocates for disabled hunters, and I am. I still believe in their overall cause. You're a member of an organization whose local chapter pushes ARs and whose national chapter does not. No organization is perfect.

Just to clarify the chapter he belongs to does not push AR's. A chapter in the eastern part of the state does.

• Like 1

Just to clarify the chapter he belongs to does not push AR's. A chapter in the eastern part of the state does.

LOL Culver, he has no clue what the QDMA is about. Hes just trying to take a shot at me because the organization he belongs to goes against what he thinks is right, so to make himself feel better, he tries to pawn his guilt off on me.

He also has no freaking clue how I feel on the issue of ARs. He seems to think that just because Im against mandatory ARs, that Im also against ARs all together, which anyone that knows me understands, is completely untrue.

Success of NYB you mean? Because last I checked there's no xbow's in NYS...

LMAO, if you call the constant backing down on their "stance" success, then I guess youre dead on. Ultimately, they will fail. Its just a matter of time before Sweeny is forced to allow a vote, or the issue is put to a vote by going around him.

As Ive said before belo, Id have far less of a problem if the matter was put to a vote and failed, than I do with the dirty politics that the NYB is promoting on the issue.

As far as what you believe the truth is and what actually is... that's debatable. Again, I just don't see the value in bringing them up every other post. It brings nothing to the debate, just like the NYCC brings nothing. They're 2 organizations on opposite sides of the issue we're discussing. Why can't we just continue to discuss the issue?

WTH

LOL Culver, he has no clue what the QDMA is about. Hes just trying to take a shot at me because the organization he belongs to goes against what he thinks is right, so to make himself feel better, he tries to pawn his guilt off on me.

He also has no freaking clue how I feel on the issue of ARs. He seems to think that just because Im against mandatory ARs, that Im also against ARs all together, which anyone that knows me understands, is completely untrue.

+1!!!!! He needs to go listen to Kip speak... that would enlighten him a lot on the subject!!!

LMAO, if you call the constant backing down on their "stance" success, then I guess youre dead on. Ultimately, they will fail. Its just a matter of time before Sweeny is forced to allow a vote, or the issue is put to a vote by going around him.

As Ive said before belo, Id have far less of a problem if the matter was put to a vote and failed, than I do with the dirty politics that the NYB is promoting on the issue.

LOL +1