If You're Against Crossbows During Archery

Five Seasons

LMAO, if you call the constant backing down on their "stance" success, then I guess youre dead on. Ultimately, they will fail. Its just a matter of time before Sweeny is forced to allow a vote, or the issue is put to a vote by going around him.

As Ive said before belo, Id have far less of a problem if the matter was put to a vote and failed, than I do with the dirty politics that the NYB is promoting on the issue.

I know very well what QDMA is about. But local chapters and national org views do seem confusing and conflicting. They're obviously not black and white. We can keep arguing and getting our panties in a bunch, but truth be told you're a sore loser. One day maybe they'll make crossbows legal. But right now they're not and biz-r-world's famous line of "i'll see you in the woods with my crossbow on oct. 1st" will simply just get him a ticket in 2013. Again you're on the outside looking in, trying to change my way of life. There's not much more to say from me to you.

WTH

+1!!!!! He needs to go listen to Kip speak... that would enlighten him a lot on the subject!!!

LOL +1

Joe you're so clueless. You're constant "+1's" bring nothing to the table. What is so confusing about my post to warrant a "WTH"? Everything I wrote about the NRA and NYB which you bolded is true.

You've never even bowhunted. I wish you the most success this year with your new bow (remember i offered to help you buy one). I think after all the hard work you're putting in that you will one day see where I'm coming from. I wonder too, if crossbows do become legal if you'll give up the bow. I hope you do not. Curious as to why you're so pro crossbow.

I have read the entire QDMA report back to back. I believe even WNY mentioned he doesn't agree with all of it but i'm not about to look up the post and if he didn't i am sorry. My only point about the QDMA (which I have considered joining many times) is that there is confusion about their stance on some subjects, and to be a member you don't have to agree with all of it. Just like one might be confused about NYB's stance on some issues, being a member doesn't mean we all agree with everything they preach. Please lets not change the subject to QDMAs. I know full well the difference between ARs and what QDMA believes. I've quoted their website several times here and I have a QDMA coffee mug on my desk right now. I can post a pic if you'd like.

Edited by Belo

I know very well what QDMA is about. But local chapters and national org views do seem confusing and conflicting. They're obviously not black and white. We can keep arguing and getting our panties in a bunch, but truth be told you're a sore loser. One day maybe they'll make crossbows legal. But right now they're not and biz-r-world's famous line of "i'll see you in the woods with my crossbow on oct. 1st" will simply just get him a ticket in 2013. Again you're on the outside looking in, trying to change my way of life. There's not much more to say from me to you.

Joe you're so clueless. You're constant "+1's" bring nothing to the table. What is so confusing about my post to warrant a "WTH"? Everything I wrote about the NRA and NYB which you bolded is true.

You've never even bowhunted. I wish you the most success this year with your new bow (remember i offered to help you buy one). I think after all the hard work you're putting in that you will one day see where I'm coming from. I wonder too, if crossbows do become legal if you'll give up the bow. I hope you do not. Curious as to why you're so pro crossbow.

I have read the entire QDMA report back to back. I believe even WNY mentioned he doesn't agree with all of it but i'm not about to look up the post and if he didn't i am sorry. My only point about the QDMA (which I have considered joining many times) is that there is confusion about their stance on some subjects, and to be a member you don't have to agree with all of it. Just like one might be confused about NYB's stance on some issues, being a member doesn't mean we all agree with everything they preach. Please lets not change the subject to QDMAs. I know full well the difference between ARs and what QDMA believes. I've quoted their website several times here and I have a QDMA coffee mug on my desk right now. I can post a pic if you'd like.

I said I didnt agree with their method of generating a couple of statistics in the report, not that I dont agree with their stances on issues. Your comments on this site have demonstrated that you in fact, do not understand the stances of the QDMA (theres no plural of QDMA btw).

If you dont want to discuss the issue any longer, then stop coming back to it. Cant handle the truth about NYB, then dont bring them up.

Im not talking about what Four Seasons said Doc. Im talking about this same "they are going to try and add guns to archery season" thing that you keep inserting into almost every crossbow debate. Sorry if the truth about the NYB hurts, but it is the truth. Nice to see the name calling make an appearance though.

Well,his whole line of conversation has been about my reply to the comment about Four Seasons' comment. If you are going to run away from that, please let me know so I can understand your shift in direction. Now as far as your assertion that my discussing the possibility of guns in the archery season, I will again point out the fact that you seem to be trying to avoid that this has already happened. So your claim that this is some kind of extreme suggestion, is proven to be simply blather and really quite bogus. As far as your little feud with NYB, I understand that you see everyone who opposes crossbows as some kind of vile enemy, but like I said, it is starting to be a bit juvenile and pathetic. Regarding your comment about name calling, I will have to look back and see what you are referring to, but I'm sure if it happened, it is most likely something that was probably appropriate and accurate ..... lol.

LMAO, if you call the constant backing down on their "stance" success, then I guess youre dead on. Ultimately, they will fail. Its just a matter of time before Sweeny is forced to allow a vote, or the issue is put to a vote by going around him.

As Ive said before belo, Id have far less of a problem if the matter was put to a vote and failed, than I do with the dirty politics that the NYB is promoting on the issue.

Why don't you teach us how the assembly chairman of en-con (Sweeney) could be forced or circumvented? I am not giving you a hard time, this would be something truly worth knowing. If you feel this is not relevant to the thread, please PM me. I share what I know and would appreciate if you and others would share information , not just  than their opinions. Thanks.

And, by the way, even if it does go to vote in the assembly, it will be considered by many of them who are down state democrats who are  lobbied by anti hunters all the time, perhaps about crossbows too. So I wouldn't say its a sure thing even if it goes to full vote. Its easier to pass pro-hunting bills in our senate than assembly.

Edited by mike rossi

NYB.....I know more former members than I know current members and that is counting the current members on here. THeir spin on the corssbows and their success (or lack of) in holding members tells me all I need to know about them.

Well, perhaps you should actually try to find out something a bit more detailed and relevant about them. It may help you make a more educated and legitimate opinion of the organization. I will say that if I quit every organization that had some stance that I disagreed with, I guess I wouldn't belong to anything. As Belo pointed out, there is plenty to disagree with in the NRA stances. Does that mean that everyone should turn tail and abandon them. That is a good example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. It makes no difference whether you are talking about a pro-bowhunter organization or a pro gun organization. I know that a lot of people use that kind of reasoning to avoid commitment to anything and find it much easier to stand on the outside throwing stones. It sounds like your former NYB friends are part of that crowd. Take a look at the NYB site and read the long list of accomplishments and activities. Then make up your own mind rather than simply letting a bunch of disgruntled crossbow proponents do your thinking for you. I suggest that everyone do that rather than listening to all the anti-NYB rhetoric that all these crossbow pushers stuff into this forum.

Well,his whole line of conversation has been about my reply to the comment about Four Seasons' comment. If you are going to run away from that, please let me know so I can understand your shift in direction. Now as far as your assertion that my discussing the possibility of guns in the archery season, I will again point out the fact that you seem to be trying to avoid that this has already happened. So your claim that this is some kind of extreme suggestion, is proven to be simply blather and really quite bogus. As far as your little feud with NYB, I understand that you see everyone who opposes crossbows as some kind of vile enemy, but like I said, it is starting to be a bit juvenile and pathetic. Regarding your comment about name calling, I will have to look back and see what you are referring to, but I'm sure if it happened, it is most likely something that was probably appropriate and accurate ..... lol.

I already said that you have brought up this idea of eventually bringing guns into archery before.

I have no "feud" with the NYB, I just see them for what they are, hypocritical elitists who have caused one of the largest divisions in the NY hunting community in history. I dont agree with them, and I see them as a black eye on the hunting community.

Funny that when you are the one doing the name calling, its "appropriate and accurate", but when the shoe is on the other foot, the person doing it is "pathetic" or "immature" or something else that you come up with. :crazy:

Why don't you teach us how the assembly chairman of en-con (Sweeney) could be forced or circumvented? I am not giving you a hard time, this would be something truly worth knowing. If you feel this is not relevant to the thread, please PM me. I share what I know and would appreciate if you and others would share information , not just  than their opinions. Thanks.

And, by the way, even if it does go to vote in the assembly, it will be considered by many of them who are down state democrats who are  lobbied by anti hunters all the time, perhaps about crossbows too. So I wouldn't say its a sure thing even if it goes to full vote. Its easier to pass pro-hunting bills in our senate than assembly.

The governor can ask that it be brought to a vote. Im not saying its a sure thing, Im saying Id rather see it voted on rather than blocked by one person with an agenda, regardless of the outcome

My "WTH" was in reference to the NRA being against backround checks... i dont believe i have heard that before... ive heard that they are ok with them so as to keep the guns out of the criminal hands but they feel that that is all that you should need... sorry if im wrong...

My +1's are because I agree with the post/poster but ran out of "likes" or feel that is is relevant to the other posts I multiquote, sorry if you dont like it... i can try to express my opinions in other ways...

I DO see where your coming from however I feel that a Xbow is the same as a compound bow and as such I am all for them being legalized... (I have shot/hunted with one before) No I will not give up my compound bow when they become legal... will I buy/use one? yes there is a very good chance I will but it would just be another weapon in my arsenal... Im the kinda guy (always have been) who feels that I have the right to use whatever weapon I want to hunt with and no one else should be able to dictate which ones I can or cant use...  Kinda what Fourseasonwhitetails said...

The governor can ask that it be brought to a vote. Im not saying its a sure thing, Im saying Id rather see it voted on rather than blocked by one person with an agenda, regardless of the outcome

OK, thanks. Let me get off topic here and point out we need to start making friends and educating the democrats, especially down state, and especially in the assembly. I will shut up now, back to your war boys...

• Like 1

Well, perhaps you should actually try to find out something a bit more detailed and relevant about them. It may help you make a more educated and legitimate opinion of the organization. I will say that if I quit every organization that had some stance that I disagreed with, I guess I wouldn't belong to anything. As Belo pointed out, there is plenty to disagree with in the NRA stances. Does that mean that everyone should turn tail and abandon them. That is a good example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. It makes no difference whether you are talking about a pro-bowhunter organization or a pro gun organization. I know that a lot of people use that kind of reasoning to avoid commitment to anything and find it much easier to stand on the outside throwing stones. It sounds like your former NYB friends are part of that crowd. Take a look at the NYB site and read the long list of accomplishments and activities. Then make up your own mind rather than simply letting a bunch of disgruntled crossbow proponents do your thinking for you. I suggest that everyone do that rather than listening to all the anti-NYB rhetoric that all these crossbow pushers stuff into this forum.

http://www.newyorkbowhunters.com/accomplishments.html

My "WTH" was in reference to the NRA being against backround checks... i dont believe i have heard that before... ive heard that they are ok with them so as to keep the guns out of the criminal hands but they feel that that is all that you should need... sorry if im wrong...

My +1's are because I agree with the post/poster but ran out of "likes" or feel that is is relevant to the other posts I multiquote, sorry if you dont like it... i can try to express my opinions in other ways...

I DO see where your coming from however I feel that a Xbow is the same as a compound bow and as such I am all for them being legalized... (I have shot/hunted with one before) No I will not give up my compound bow when they become legal... will I buy/use one? yes there is a very good chance I will but it would just be another weapon in my arsenal... Im the kinda guy (always have been) who feels that I have the right to use whatever weapon I want to hunt with and no one else should be able to dictate which ones I can or cant use...  Kinda what Fourseasonwhitetails said...

understood. The NRA supports the initial background check system from the 80's, however new improved checks and those between private parties (which would circumvent a check) they do not. I do not agree with this, i think it would be a good practice.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/statement-from-chris-w-cox-nra-ila-executive-director-regarding-inaccurate-nbc-story-alleging-that-nra-wont-oppose-background-check-bill.aspx

And your theory is incorrect. I, and most likely others, am not disgruntled with the NYB over crossbows, its their arrogant, elitist attitude that I have a problem with. Their hypocrisy and underhanded tactics are also deplorable. Sure, theyve done some good, but not everything Hitler did was bad either.

From back in 2009....

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

State Bowhunter and Muzzleloader Associations Compile Joint Southern Zone Deer Season Proposal

Canandaigua, NY - 9/18/09 - New York Bowhunters, Inc. (NYB) and the New York State Muzzleloader Association (NYSMLA) have been working jointly for several months on a southern zone deer season proposal that allows both parties to meet their objectives. Copies of the proposal have been sent to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Bureau of Wildlife (DEC) and other Sportsmen’s organization throughout New York State.

The DEC desires to increase the harvest of antlerless deer in their effort to effectively manage the whitetail deer herd as well as allow for a weekend of early hunting opportunity for junior big game firearms hunters. The NYSMLA wishes to have an early “primitive” muzzleloading season and NYB seeks to restore lost hunting opportunity that occurred with the implementation of the 2005 big game restructuring regulations. Therefore, both organizations reached out to one another to work on a sensible proposal that would be acceptable to firearms hunters, muzzleloader hunters, bowhunters, the DEC and to the general public. The timing of the proposal coincides with the DEC’s scheduling of public meetings this September and October regarding the state of the deer herds in New York.

The DEC recently scheduled public meetings in an effort to “capture the issues that are important to sportsmen, particularly as they relate to bag limits, season structure and tag options. We (DEC) hope to receive feedback from meeting participants that helps us (DEC) prioritize the issues that are important for NYS deer hunters and the public” stated DEC Wildlife Biologist Jeremy Hurst. Information on these meetings can be found by going to the DEC website at http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/57795.html.

The NYB/NYSMLA joint proposal would restructure the southern zone hunting seasons as follows;

· open the 23-day regular firearms season on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

· open the early archery season on October 1st, ending on the Friday prior to the beginning of the regular firearms season.

· Allow for a weekend of junior (ages 14 & 15) big game hunting opportunity on the weekend prior to the opening of the regular firearms season.

· open a 5-day antlerless-only “primitive” muzzleloading season on the Monday prior to the beginning of the regular firearms season, ending on the Friday prior to the beginning of the regular firearms season.

Thats funny, because Sweeny (backed by the NYB) proposed a bill to allow crossbows only in the gun seasons and do away with the current Columbus Day weekend youth gun season just this past year. The Governor vetoed that one. LMAO, talk about a group that talks out of both sides of their mouth.

There are too many people who are just never satisfied with things. You can hunt three seasons in NY. Bow, gun, and MZ. And its a hell of a lot of fun. But your still not happy. Being able to hunt w a crossbow during the bow season is about as ridiclous an idea I've heard. How can u tell a real bow hunter who honors the sport of hunting to simply hunt with a compound while others have it easier with crossbow at the same time. If there is to be a crossbow season it can only be separate from bow. Period.

There are too many people who are just never satisfied with things. You can hunt three seasons in NY. Bow, gun, and MZ. And its a hell of a lot of fun. But your still not happy. Being able to hunt w a crossbow during the bow season is about as ridiclous an idea I've heard. How can u tell a real bow hunter who honors the sport of hunting to simply hunt with a compound while others have it easier with crossbow at the same time. If there is to be a crossbow season it can only be separate from bow. Period.

Let me rephrase that for you....

"Being able to hunt w a compound bow during the bow season is about as ridiclous an idea I've heard. How can u tell a real bow hunter who honors the sport of hunting to simply hunt with a recurve while others have it easier with compound at the same time. If there is to be a compound season it can only be separate from bow. Period."

See how your statement comes off?

Seriously though, no one would be forcing you to do anything differently during archery season if you dont want to. If you want to take advantage of what a crossbow offers, go for it. Want the added challenge of a compound, by all means. Want a real challenge, grab a recurve or longbow! They are all BOWS.

• Like 2

Thats funny, because Sweeny (backed by the NYB) proposed a bill to allow crossbows only in the gun seasons and do away with the current Columbus Day weekend youth gun season just this past year. The Governor vetoed that one. LMAO, talk about a group that talks out of both sides of their mouth.

again i'm not sure why, but that is for SZ only. Not the state.

oh and on crossbows?

winner, winner chicken dinner

Edited by Belo