Pre-rut?

Buck$hot

Anyone think this opening weekend will be the beginning of the pre-rut?  If so what type of scent you think will kill em?  Please post what you think is the winning combination(as far as scents/cover scents) for opening weekend along with where you hunt.  Thanks and good luck this weekend

Just checked mine yesterday had videos of bucks and does together no big boys only small spikes and crotch horns but they were together in my foodplot which is only 1/4 acre.  So they were in rather close together.  Got two different two and a half year olds, but when they were there, there were no does to "BE SEEN" in the camera.  Though some were there shortly before and shortly after both bucks. 

CNY 

i might use some code red estrus and do a few blind calls with the can.

as far as pre rut out here on the island, i havnt heard TOMUCH pre rutting activity going on, id say if this cold weather sticks it might heatup anyday with that. as far as upstate, if that cooler weather is amongst up there, might be in that pre rut window now...

I considered trying a decoy this year but all the feedback I got from people who tried this strategy was negative. There are also alot of doe in the area so I expect they would bust my set up first. I'll stick to grunting, rattling, and good stand set up locations.

I believe they are in the pre rut and have been for a couple of weeks. I have one trail cam pic where a small buck is chasing and smelling a doe. I have also noticed less buck activity on my cam making me believe they have stopped their normal habits and have started chasing does. Im located in southern zone where bow opens tomorrow.