Hold on to your...

growalot

Flips...the whole state is under a severe storm watch and flood watch through Wednesday

This weather pattern is hard to swollow, after a year like last. Just refuses to straighten up and dry out.

I hear, rice is a valauble crop. Keeps up, I'LL be putting rice tires on the tractor. Already got duals for the baler.

I feel bad for you farmers...what do you think it will do to all the oats I see growing all around us...I'm pretty sure they went in because the corn couldn't....Though I do see much of it is a very short type that is headed out.....that should help with lodging...but this wet is a bad thing with no chance to dry out for days...I'm replanting peppers this a.m....because the others got stem rot...but they are going into pots!!...I think all the commercial peas might have a hard time with this as well...

• Like 1

Oats and peas thrive in damp, cooler weather, but not soggy grounds. The oats around here are  heading out too, which is very early.  The peas look very good, but hot weather will reduce tonage/ acre. Some of the pea  ground here, once harvested usaully go into green, edible beans, and sweet corn.  A year like this will reduce acreage, not doubt. Also had trouble planting beets.

They tried beets here once...last year...Dang he left them in the ground a very long time..but not long enough to be sugar beets?..it was a relative small field considering the hundreds and hundreds of acres they plant...all this area was potato country years ago.....To be honest some thing I never under stood...with all the dang rocks!!!

I was thinking that wet wet hot muggy weather was bad due to diseases...ps....found an army worm yesterday...would I just be wasting my time spraying with 3 days of rain due?

Oats and peas thrive in damp, cooler weather, but not soggy grounds. The oats around here are  heading out too, which is very early.  The peas look very good, but hot weather will reduce tonage/ acre. Some of the pea  ground here, once harvested usaully go into green, edible beans, and sweet corn.  A year like this will reduce acreage, not doubt. Also had trouble planting beets.

i think my peas are doing better than anything i planted in my beds.

Cow birds and grackles a plenty...dang near drove over a bunch this a.m. with the tractor...held their ground!...I re disced  again a new area and planted the rest of my sweet corn the silver Queen is coming in spotty but will get some...93 days and planted a butter and sugar next to it 73 days  then lined the corn with pumpkin hills and acorn squash...in the area that was too wet to disc I''l try again before fall and hit it with the radish

Every year I try to figure out what will screw up the garden. This year It probably will be "rot" with all this cold and wet weather. What a crappy summer. Every time I want to do something outside, they are threatening rain. I'm getting sick of it. Pretty soon it will be snowing and we will all wonder where the heck the summer went.

I refuse to let it get me...I grabbed my jacket...don't know why? :fie: ...and my trusty little bow saw and off I went this a.m.   No sooner did I hit the woods...the gentle rain wasn't so gentle any more...but I spent 3 hrs cutting tree tops and young trees I'd downed for late winter deer food...now all trails are clear and all fall plots are as well....

Doc every time I go to the garden...I've lost another pepper plant...but hot peppers are setting fruit ...eggplants have flowers...peas are all in flower and tomatoes are stunted but setting fruit...lost a pear tree I plant last year...was looking great last week...now leafs are black and shriveled up......I'm just waiting for the swarm of locust to arrive...LOL

(sp)

Edited by growalot