Exhausted after taking these 2 for 2

shawnhu

Might as well shoot their fawns as well cuz now they wont make it. Thats why our hunting season doesnt start till october. Your not a farmer you dont need nuisance permits.

I'm not a farmer, but I am a shooting agent and authorized to do so. This has nothing to do with YOUR hunting season. We CAN shoot fawns as well, but I choose not to. They can survive pretty well and will group with other does.

Might as well shoot their fawns as well cuz now they wont make it. Thats why our hunting season doesnt start till october. Your not a farmer you dont need nuisance permits.

These tags are assigned to hunters by the farmers in many cases if they don't shoot the deer themselves. I know of one farm that has tags but just shoots to wound and let's the deer run off to die. That way they always have valid tags to keep shooting. THe whole nuisance system is screwed up and should be revamped.

We have unlimited tags, so far. I don't shoot to wound if that is what you are implying.

The POS shawhu is just posting this stuff to get a rise. 

Anybody that would post up this information and brag about it is a heartless little attention whore that has NOTHING better to post about and is just here to cause trouble.

Ignore the troll..........................................................

Sum ting wong Rarry?

^^^see what I did there?

Edited by Dinsdale

I know of one farm that has tags but just shoots to wound and let's the deer run off to die.

disgusting

Belo, the permit is to destroy deer, not hunt them for food. Thanks.

i understand that. I guess you and I have a different view of an animal's life, the respect for nature and what hunting means to us. You do what you do man, if that's what you're into. I wouldn't go so much as squirrel hunting with someone who thinks like you.

Edited by Belo

Belo, what would you do in the middle of summer and a good friend asks you to destroy the deer that is decimating the crops and source of income? As much as I hate wasting meat myself, I wasn't there to hunt. I had to put on my shooting hat and the farmer decides what he wants to do after that. Those that wanted meat were called in to take what they can haul, and that was that. I personally, already have too many ribs in the freezer. If you want some next time, send me some dry ice and I'll ship you some straps. It's really no big deal.

As for squirrel hunting, I guess you probably feel the same way about predator hunters and fur trappers then? Don't worry, the feeling is mutual when it comes to how I feel about the way some of you hunters gut shoot deer all the time and I wouldn't be caught dead in the same hunting grounds as some on here.

Good luck this season.

Sure thing. I'll see you back at your racist jokes thread.

You stupid . Do abortion doctors go brag about what they do?

Do what you have to do but don't boast about it looking for a rise.

You have accomplished what you wanted though, you've garnered more attention with this than probably anything you have done in your life. Kudos!

You can quote me on this all you'd like but I'll just back away from the desk and go marinate some backstraps.

Wow wow Larry, don't have a cow. LOL. Some people, sheeeesh!

Pretty sure you're all out of back straps by now, so don't front. If you'd like, I can dig up some from the garbage pile, seeing that you probably won't mind.

I didn't start this thread to get a rise, but it sure turned out that way with idiots like you commenting about racial .

Totally off topic, but has there ever been a case where somebody shot a record book deer out of season using a nuisance permit?

I got the answer:

The Boone and Crockett Club does not accept antlers in “velvet” for entry into the Awards Programs and/or records books unless the velvet is removed before official measurements are made. Remnants of velvet are permissible as long as they do not affect any measurements.

Belo, what would you do in the middle of summer and a good friend asks you to destroy the deer that is decimating the crops and source of income? As much as I hate wasting meat myself, I wasn't there to hunt. I had to put on my shooting hat and the farmer decides what he wants to do after that. Those that wanted meat were called in to take what they can haul, and that was that. I personally, already have too many ribs in the freezer. If you want some next time, send me some dry ice and I'll ship you some straps. It's really no big deal.

As for squirrel hunting, I guess you probably feel the same way about predator hunters and fur trappers then? Don't worry, the feeling is mutual when it comes to how I feel about the way some of you hunters gut shoot deer all the time and I wouldn't be caught dead in the same hunting grounds as some on here.

Good luck this season.

I've wounded and lost 1 deer in 13 years. It was my very first year hunting.

To your question, I would tell that good friend that if it's such an issue he can "destroy" the deer himself. If it's as big an issue as he or she claims you better believe they would. I grew up with farmers and a lot of them did their own dirty work. If you have time to spray your crops to prevent disease, you should have time to prevent deer from eating your crops.

I have never predator hunted. Never even shot a yote while deer hunting. It actually has never presented itself to me and I've considered often what I would do if I got a good shot. So as far as senseless killing? I'm not sure how I feel about it because I've never done it.

Wow wow Larry, don't have a cow. LOL. Some people, sheeeesh!

Pretty sure you're all out of back straps by now, so don't front. If you'd like, I can dig up some from the garbage pile, seeing that you probably won't mind.

I didn't start this thread to get a rise, but it sure turned out that way with idiots like you commenting about racial shit.

his point is spot on. If you feel like what you're doing is worth while and legal that's fine. To his point, it's your attitude and using words like "destroy",  "head shot" and "target practice"

Edited by Belo

Wow this kid is a real winner huh guys?!! I'm just there to "destroy " deer so I put my "shooting" hat on? ... What choice of words... I get it , it's a nuisance tag , but hunting is still hunting no matter how u look at it... Just cause its out of season and the farmer wants them takin care of , well, TAKE CARE of them n give them the proper respect as if u shot it during bow season ... And not looking for attention , I call bs on that , pretty blatantly obvious by how u handle yourself in your replies ... In my opinion and I'm pretty sure there's quite a few others that agree, we take pride in deer hunting and give it it's due respect when we do harvest , but we also have a love for the animals when we're not hunting them and would never tolerate someone around me talkin foolishly like that , tossing really any amount of meat is a disgrace, make sure it's got a home before u pull that trigger... Save the ribs ,gimme a break ... "Destroy" deer , NO ! Harvest ... "Shooting hat " NO! Think u just did yourself in and won't get much love from future posts ...

• Like 2

Belo, you obviously feel negatively about senseless killing in your previous post, and I do too. But this isn't senseless killing as you portray it to be. It serves a purpose, whether you agree to it or not.

In your assumption that my farmer friend should have time to do his own dirty work if he has time to spray crops etc, you are under the assumption that all farmers knows how to use a gun/bow and can properly shoot a deer. You would mistaken on that assumption, as his shooting skills are horrible, probably even worse than some of the stories I hear from the hunters on this forum.

BTW, that's not a bad track record for deer, you should be proud. I'd be happy with a track record like that.

Wow this kid is a real winner huh guys?!! I'm just there to "destroy " deer so I put my "shooting" hat on? ... What choice of words... I get it , it's a nuisance tag , but hunting is still hunting no matter how u look at it... Just cause its out of season and the farmer wants them takin care of , well, TAKE CARE of them n give them the proper respect as if u shot it during bow season ... And not looking for attention , I call bs on that , pretty blatantly obvious by how u handle yourself in your replies ... In my opinion and I'm pretty sure there's quite a few others that agree, we take pride in deer hunting and give it it's due respect when we do harvest , but we also have a love for the animals when we're not hunting them and would never tolerate someone around me talkin foolishly like that , tossing really any amount of meat is a disgrace, make sure it's got a home before u pull that trigger... Save the ribs ,gimme a break ... "Destroy" deer , NO ! Harvest ... "Shooting hat " NO! Think u just did yourself in and won't get much love from future posts ...

That's quite fine deerpassion. I can live with not everyone agreeing with what I do. I don't go around making a big rant and fuss over it. It's obvious your love for these animals is a "passion". Think what you will of me, I'm out there to help a friend and when I share a few photos I get crucified? There's bigger problems with this country with racism like many have portrayed in my thread.

It is what it is, and it is a permit to destroy deer, not harvest. When I am hunting the open season, I put just as much work and respect the game as the next guy, and from what I read here, much more than some of you.

Belo, in reply to your edited post.

I'm willing to bet most on these forums aren't capable of doing headshots on deer. Lets not kid ourselves. Some of you would be lucky to hit the side of a barn.

Headshots, destroy, target practice. You have something against these words? Perhaps they were a wrong choice of words, but there's obviously much more than that going on here. The self proclaimed elitists here can't see past damage control and the necessary means to limit damage. There's a reason a permit was issued. There's a reason why tags are unlimited. There's a reason our tax dollars goes to these professionals to do their jobs at the DEC.

I can safely say that I shoot more at the range in a year than most of you shoot in 10.

There's quite a few folks I've met through this forum and I value their friendship. But for the majority I see here, I see no reason at all to hold back with the childish name calling and racial slurs. Is it an upstate thing?

I thought your name was familiar, this thread brought it all back. You're not as passionate as I originally thought.

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11931-Doe-down!!!

I guess if you tell yourself enough times that you respect the animal, you might just start actually believing it. Keep telling yourself that "kid".

shawn, pretty sure I've got a freezer full of venison.  Back straps, roasts, ground, sausage aplenty.  Wild turkey? Yep  Wild boar? Yep.   Even some waffles.

We're doing are best to whittle it down with 3-4 meals a week.  Slow but sure.....

No venison ribs though, they go back to nature. 

There could be a nuisance deer in there too but you sure won't see me talking about it .  Ain't nothing to it, unless your a novice.

null_zps23436016.jpg

• Like 1

Totally off topic, but has there ever been a case where somebody shot a record book deer out of season using a nuisance permit?

Nuisance tags are issued for antlerless only (with few exceptions) becasue the goal is population reduction and that is achieved with the removal of the does. There are a few businesses that may get antlered nuisance tags, such as nurseries and orchards, but they are not given or valid until the rubbing damage to the trees start.

Larry, did you just say you tossed out the ribs?! Watch out! Deerpassion is going to ride your ass for tossing "any amount of meat" and crucify you like he did me. Who am I kidding, tossing ribs is perfectly accepted amongst you guys, its the back straps that's got most of your feathers ruffled. Talk about hypocritical eh?

shawn, pretty sure I've got a freezer full of venison. Back straps, roasts, ground, sausage aplenty. Wild turkey? Yep Wild boar? Yep. Even some waffles.

We're doing are best to whittle it down with 3-4 meals a week. Slow but sure.....

No venison ribs though, they go back to nature.

There could be a nuisance deer in there too but you sure won't see me talking about it . Ain't nothing to it, unless your a novice.

I'm willing to admit I'm a novice when it comes to hunting deer in NY, no secret there. But I love the attitude that you're implying though. It's ok to kill deer illegally and stuff it in your freezer, but when done legally and talked about, lets bash the guy on the Internet.

On a separate note, looks like you won't be needing the scraps I left for the dogs.