Exhausted after taking these 2 for 2

shawnhu

Totally off topic, but has there ever been a case where somebody shot a record book deer out of season using a nuisance permit?

Nuisance tags are issued for antlerless only (with few exceptions) becasue the goal is population reduction and that is achieved with the removal of the does. There are a few businesses that may get antlered nuisance tags, such as nurseries and orchards, but they are not given or valid until the rubbing damage to the trees start.

We have permits for both, FYI.

shawn, pretty sure I've got a freezer full of venison.  Back straps, roasts, ground, sausage aplenty.  Wild turkey? Yep  Wild boar? Yep.   Even some waffles.

We're doing are best to whittle it down with 3-4 meals a week.  Slow but sure.....

No venison ribs though, they go back to nature. 

There could be a nuisance deer in there too but you sure won't see me talking about it .  Ain't nothing to it, unless your a novice.

Damn................you could eliminate world hunger with that freezer !

null_zps23436016.jpg

Belo, in reply to your edited post.

i edited it 2 seconds after i posted it. don't try and insinuate i'm being sneaky. i'm done with this thread btw, i've said my peace and it sounds like you're ok with how i feel.

No insinuating here. I'm pretty straight forward, so you need not worry about sneaky remarks from me. Good luck to you.

I'm willing to admit I'm a novice when it comes to hunting deer in NY, no secret there. But I love the attitude that you're implying though. It's ok to kill deer illegally and stuff it in your freezer, but when done legally and talked about, lets bash the guy on the Internet.

On a separate note, looks like you won't be needing the scraps I left for the dogs.

Where did I say it was ok to shoot ANY illegal deer?

I'm willing to admit I'm a novice when it comes to hunting deer in NY, no secret there. But I love the attitude that you're implying though. It's ok to kill deer illegally and stuff it in your freezer, but when done legally and talked about, lets bash the guy on the Internet.

On a separate note, looks like you won't be needing the scraps I left for the dogs.

Where did I say it was ok to shoot ANY illegal deer?

I said imply. Which is what you are doing when you said there might be a nuisance deer in there as well.

Tommy, I doubt any of these guys will get anything more than a PM. After all, they are all buddy buddy with one another.

hey you said , if that PH was a F, you would be banned for 2 weeks.

You did it, what? 10 minutes after I warned everyone not to? That warning was either the second or third time I asked everyone to simmer down the language. It wasnt the word that got you put into time out.

I said imply. Which is what you are doing when you said there might be a nuisance deer in there as well.

Tommy, I doubt any of these guys will get anything more than a PM. After all, they are all buddy buddy with one another.

A nuisance deer isnt an illegal deer, so there was no implication.

As far as language goes, refer to my last post.

You did it, what? 10 minutes after I warned everyone not to? That warning was either the second or third time I asked everyone to simmer down the language. It wasnt the word that got you put into time out.

Noted......

hey you said , if that PH was a F, you would be banned for 2 weeks.

Technically, no. Your warning was June 26, around 9PM. It wasn't until the next day that Tommy was banned. It would seem that the admin is very selective in banning, as I've seen many many curses being thrown in that thread, and this one. Anyone else banned aside from Tommy? Nope.

I shoot lights out and extremely accurate and proficient with all my fire arms and I would never attempt a headshot. Its just plain unethical in my opinion.

Tell that to the 7 does. I find it more unethical to shoot a deer in the lungs and have it suffer for 30+ minutes unnecessarily, drowning in its own fluids. I'm sure you're a great shot though. Good luck with your deer season.

Tell that to the 7 does. I find it more unethical to shoot a deer in the lungs and have it suffer for 30+ minutes unnecessarily, drowning in its own fluids. I'm sure you're a great shot though. Good luck with your deer season.

its lethal but head shots have a much smaller margin of error. Ive seen the jaw of a doe blown off. Not pretty. Misjudge just a little bit, have an involuntarily spam, gust of wind, and even ammo inconsistencies can cause disaster with a low % shot. Even the bests marksman will miss there Mark a bit from time to time.

Edited by jesse.james
  • Like 1

I good shot with a gun or bow never takes 30+ mins, If you even nick the heart or double lung its dead on its feet and won't be going very far. I don't agree with your headshot tactics but to each there own, It's legal. I'm just curious if you will share the story of the deer flipping around in pain after that one shot you pulled or the time it moved at the last second and ran away with half its face destroyed

Technically, no. Your warning was June 26, around 9PM. It wasn't until the next day that Tommy was banned. It would seem that the admin is very selective in banning, as I've seen many many curses being thrown in that thread, and this one. Anyone else banned aside from Tommy? Nope.

It was not long after I put the warning out there, again, not the first one for the thread. I dont have anything against Biz, but when I put the warning out there and almost right after that get what amounts to an F U, that person is asking for it. That thread was shortly thereafter locked, as this one will be if it follows the same path.

BTW, if you have a problem with my moderating, take it up with me in PMs or shoot a message to burmjohn.

its lethal but head shots have a much smaller margin of error. Ive seen the jaw of a doe blown off. Misjudge just a little bit, have an involuntarily spam, gust of wind, and even ammo inconsistencies can cause disaster with a low % shot. Even the bests marksman will miss there Mark a bit from time to time.

Jesse, while I agree that the margin is considerably smaller, I do believe I am legally allowed to take one. As for ethical, it is much more ethical as long as the shot is presented, IMO. But we've established our differences in opinion already. Thanks.

Jesse, while I agree that the margin is considerably smaller, I do believe I am legally allowed to take one. As for ethical, it is much more ethical as long as the shot is presented, IMO. But we've established our differences in opinion already. Thanks.

You are legally allowed to shoot fawns also. I spend so much time on if we could we sometimes don't stop to think if we should.

Edited by jesse.james

A statement like that tells much. 

Now I'm really out of this one..............................................best of luck in your endeavors, hopefully you take up ping pong or some other hobby instead of something so complicated as (shooting in your case) hunting.  

You are not a hunter. 

I good shot with a gun or bow never takes 30+ mins, If you even nick the heart or double lung its dead on its feet and won't be going very far. I don't agree with your headshot tactics but to each there own, It's legal. I'm just curious if you will share the story of the deer flipping around in pain after that one shot you pulled or the time it moved at the last second and ran away with half its face destroyed

I've never made such a shot and dont plan to either. After the scrutiny this site likes to dish out, would you?

You are legally allowed to shoot fawns also. I spend so much time on if we could we sometimes don't stop to think if we should.

I've already stated I passed on the fawns, didn't I? But I get your point.

theres no selective banning here... the ones who are banned are out of line and deserved it. aside from spammers there hasnt been many bans on members. riflesharpshot and peterbfly were the type who dont last long here. 

A statement like that tells much.

Now I'm really out of this one..............................................best of luck in your endeavors, hopefully you take up ping pong or some other hobby instead of something so complicated as (shooting in your case) hunting.

You are not a hunter.

You should have been out of this a longtime ago, with the types of racial insults you enjoy posting, it's a surprise you have any friends at all. But hey, you know what they say, birds of a feather usually stinks together. What ethnicity will you insult next? Don't worry, racial slurs seems to be tolerated here.