Name of device..Modified Archery Permit

greg54

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the device is called that the disabled can use on their compound bow to hold the string back? I am going to apply for the modified archery permit, and want to look at what the price for the device might be. Since the crossbow is not going to be allowed this year, this will be my only option to go out for the early archery. My only problem will be to find someone to draw the bow back for me so I can go out, as I am incapable of pulling string back. And that includes drawing it back everytime I need to shoot for practice, and its been awhile.

pretty sure it's called a "draw lock".....ran into a guy using it last year.

Thanks, I will do little researching on it. My doctor said he will fill out the medical section on the application for the permit "No problem at all"

Check out this link:

http://www.drawloc.com/content/line-draw-loc-trigger-slow-motion

If you can use a crossbow, it looks like this will be as easy to cock and probably a lot less heavy and awkward to shoot. The only thing is that you will have to forgo the bipod and probably the rifle-style scope.

Thanks for link Doc. Looks like what I need for my bow. I just want to be able be part of the experience, and this is what I need to be out t5here this fall.

Too bad you dont live closer to CT. I got approved to use my xbow during CT archery season (9/16-12/31) due to a permanent disability. Got 3 buck tags, 3 doe tags.

Yeah I sure wish NY would had approved the xbow. I'm lucky my sister lives in Niagara County not to far from me, so I have place close that I can go to hunt. CT is to far for me. I have to just get the modified permit application signed by my doctor, and send it out. They were generous with tags for you in CT, maybe NY will get with it next year and I can use my xbow close to home. Good Luck!!

Yeah I sure wish NY would had approved the xbow. I'm lucky my sister lives in Niagara County not to far from me, so I have place close that I can go to hunt. CT is to far for me. I have to just get the modified permit application signed by my doctor, and send it out. They were generous with tags for you in CT, maybe NY will get with it next year and I can use my xbow close to home. Good Luck!!

Niagara Outdoors made one up for a friend a few years ago and it works nice.  Go see Jeff...............

Niagara Outdoors made one up for a friend a few years ago and it works nice. Go see Jeff...............

my friend from where I worked is good buddies with Jeff P. he says if he can't set Iftar up for me Jeff can. He's the one to go to my friend said.