Be careful where you travel.....

greg54

Yes be carefull where you travel, the Zimmerman verdict could come up today and you may not wanna be "WHITEY" in the wrong part of town if he is declared innocent.....

In that case, refer back to picture #1

I keep this one on my back door

post-506-0-96204700-1373719884.jpg

Because of a sign on MY backdoor? :laugh:

Yeah my family has fought for freedom in every war since the American Revolution so that some methhead can come through my door and off me or my fiance..... not gonna happen!

Ok so take just about any murder trial and look at what the prosecution does to you. They scrutinize every little thing and try to make you out to sometimes be, something you arent. A sign like that on your door is exactly what they look for, you are just painting a target on yourself if you ever find yourself in that situation. Unfortunate that its that way? Yep, but it is what it is.

Like I said, better read up and know what circumstances you can legally pull that trigger in. NY is not a stand your ground state like Florida or Texas. Dont like it? Push to have the law changed, or move.

Well since it's on my back door, the only people who would see it is either friends, family, or those who are not welcome.

I don't welcome the notion of having to shoot someone in my home, but I like any other conscious human being, will do what I have to in such a circumstance. If a no trespassing sign  with a depiction of a shotgun on my door sends me to prison for the rest of my life :haha: , then so be it. 

With respect to victims who are inside their own home, New York’s law states in part:

A person in possession or control of, or licensed or privileged to   be in, a dwelling or an occupied building, who reasonably believes  that another  person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary of such dwelling or building, may use deadly  physical  force  upon  such  other person  when  he  or  she  reasonably  believes  such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission  or  attempted  commission  of  such burglary.

In NY you are required to retreat first, and shoot only as a last resort if no escape is possible. 

That's not true. That is for outside of the home.

NY has a limited castle doctrine as well. The NRA is a very large proponent of the castle doctrine, so would a NRA sticker on someones door get the same scrutiny as my "tame" sign?

I understand that proper judgement needs to be made in the use of deadly force. I'm very on point and vigilant.

I appreciate your concern, I'm not just gonna start shooting willy-nilly! lol

NY has a limited castle doctrine as well. The NRA is a very large proponent of the castle doctrine, so would a NRA sticker on someones door get the same scrutiny as my "tame" sign?

I understand that proper judgement needs to be made in the use of deadly force. I'm very on point and vigilant.

I'm fairly confident that if you're in your home and someone breaks in, intent on committing a crime, the need to retreat goes out the window.........at that point, where are you expected to retreat to?

Edited by jjb4900

:unsure: Out the window? :dontknow: LOL

You are correct jjb. 

I completely understand where WNYBuckHunter is coming from too. It would be an unfortunate event for all parties involved. I'm a pretty rough & tumble guy and would ward off most physical attacks, but if I perceive a threat of imminent danger in my home, I WILL resort to deadly force. Much rather be alive and fighting in court than killed in my own house.

NY laws change so often I can not keep up, crazy...  Anyone who brakes in with force will be subjected to force...  If the threat is perceived as life threatening then deadly force is allowed as far as I know...  Might sound stupid but identify your target, I am sure I am not the only one who has read about some kid coming home late or someone up for a late snack being identified as a thief and shot dead...  Family sometimes forget their keys... 

Lets just hope none of us ever have to deal with this situation!  Otherwise I refer to Predates last sentence in a different light.  I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Now I want a camera system...  Arg

Youre right, that is for outside the home.

I still say you are opening yourself up to more nonsense than a chuckle from a few folks is worth, but hey, its your back with a target on it, not mine lol. Ill go without the sign on my door and let any one breaking into my place be surprised by the sound of a round being racked. ; )