Wish me luck!

bowaholic

Was doing some drivin around tonight and found a bachelor group of 8 bucks. Four of which were big 8s! My girlfriend laughed at me because of how excited I got lol I'm goin to stop at the farm tomorrow to see if I can get permission. If so I'll be PUMPED!! Wish me luck guys

Was doing some drivin around tonight and found a bachelor group of 8 bucks. Four of which were big 8s! My girlfriend laughed at me because of how excited I got lol I'm goin to stop at the farm tomorrow to see if I can get permission. If so I'll be PUMPED!! Wish me luck guys

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I tracked your IP address, now I will just case you for the next 2 months.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

It never hurts to ask. I drove past the local farm I hunt, for years. I never stopped to ask permission to hunt it because I had been turned down by other area farmers, so many times in the past I figured I would get the same response. Come to find out the farmer is the father in law of a guy I know. I finally started to hunt it and the place is awesome. Lots of deer and only me and one neighbor hunt it. About 200 + acres. 

• Like 2

I've had extremely good luck finding places to hunt. Do some research on the tax maps. Find out who the land owner is and find something you have in common. I google the land owner to see if I can learn anything about them. I was fortunate enough that a few places I asked were friends with a co-worker that lived in the area or knew my in-laws.

I Was a supervisor at the hannaford close to the areas I was to hunt so I know a lot of people from the area so odds are I'll know them from there. Also I have friends from around there that may be related. I'll definitely have to check out the tax records!

Good luck, I've noticed that when I ask if I can bow hunt people are more willing to let you use their land. Be sure if you do get a yes to ask where to park, if there is any animal they don't want you to hunt and if you should expect to run into anyone else on the property.