Nothing like a little recon from my office chair...

phade

A couple bucks from today...I'm 20-25 miles away from this place at the moment and get the little text message/email alert. Love MMS cams.

Here's one from yesterday evening on another property a couple counties over...

post-575-0-82947500-1375128974_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-36884900-1375128984_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-38645300-1375129229_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade

No, I have a few mixed in with my other cams.

They are very useful for very specific situations:

1. Distance - My lease is nearly an hour one way from the house. I can set the cam and not need to check it often at all.

2. Scrape/Funnel/Rut assessment - I can see when the action picks up.

3. Remote areas where entry and exit cause too much disturbance

4. Security

5. Beds

Not cams you want to use to take a ton of photos (because 1 minute send process) or super long battery life. You get 900-3,000 photos sent on batteries, but in the same cam minus the MMS feature, the batteries will take 30k photos. Also, right now photo size is limited due to network of 640x480.

There's not commitment on fees. $5 for 200 texts/emails $10 for 1k, $20 for unlimited. You are not locked into a monthly fee per say. Since you can't bait or use licks in NY, you aren't going to get tons of photos on a one minute delay setting.

Edited by phade

I have the moultrie game management system there a pain in the ass and pricey.  I would like to try something else.

Thanks

The Moultrie, Spypoint, and similar style network systems are just headaches. I don't know why they try to complicate things. A system like BEC is nice, and they've perfected what Moultrie wants or wanted to do, but it's very expensive and more than I am willing to pay. I'm unsure of the latest cost for Moultrie, but I know Spypoint is up there.

In today's world the best option is BEC or the MMS route of the Covert Code Black or the Panda GSM. I strongly prefer the Code Black because it holds 12 batteries vs. 8 for the Panda. Both are made in the same factory in China, but those extra four batteries make a world of difference in my opinion in getting better field life without an external/solar connection. Plus, customer service via Covert is heads above HCO.

If you have reliable at&T service or Tmobile, and you want to get into such a set-up, PM me and we can talk.

Where are the big boys?

Slow going this far into the summer. A handful of 2.5s and a couple 3.5s. No clear 4.5 has shown up and the 3.5s are nothing super special at this point of the growing season.

The buck you held the sheds of has been seen 2x and he supposedly pretty big...starting to think he's relocated to a corn field just off the property. First time that field has been corn in 5-6 years. Do have three cams there that haven't been check in nearly 2 months, so who knows.

The place I took the buck last year got a late start with cams. Only been a week.

Where's yours? I know you have to have a few in your pocket.

Edited by phade

That guy is a fatty. I'll send you some photos of the 2.5s/3.5s tonight. One may be a 4, but slim chance.

The lease has the water in the area...thinking once August hits and we get some dry/hot days in a row I'll start picking them up again. The much less rainy last summer had them coming to water midday like clockwork there.

Hope so...he's been sighted only about 3-400 yards from the property line. Heck, could be a norm for him, returning post velvet shed as you noted. Don't have long history with him as that parcel just came into play at shed season. Me or Moog will get him...gotta stay positive.

Edited by phade