September hunts anyone?

TheTruth2

I'm leaving for Maryland on the 16th also. Hopefully were the first two to post pics of a buck on here lol

Yea I never shot a deer with an xbow. I'm not gonna shoot a did, but since I CT is 2 buck tags, I might take a 6 or better opening day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Connecticut starting 9/16

I lived in the NE corner of Connecticut for a year or so. There were deer everywhere. Of course I didn't hunt at that time. I've been thinking of going back for some hunting. Wich part of Connecticut do you hunt?

Bear with bait. I would love to do hounds but they don't start running the dogs til mid-September and I would never be able to take a week off from teaching. Still can't wait to go...my first guided hunt.

Connecticut starting 9/16

Which outfitter? Is it only afternoon hunts?

I lived in the NE corner of Connecticut for a year or so. There were deer everywhere. Of course I didn't hunt at that time. I've been thinking of going back for some hunting. Wich part of Connecticut do you hunt?

Western CT.

Bear with bait. I would love to do hounds but they don't start running the dogs til mid-September and I would never be able to take a week off from teaching. Still can't wait to go...my first guided hunt.

who are you hunting with? I went a bunch of years ago, best advice I can give is to bring a real comfortable cushion to sit on.

I heard field judging a bear the first time can be pretty tough. Do some research.

when I went, the outfitter told us that if you've never seen a bear in the wild before, they will all look big.......nothing suffers from ground shrinkage more than a bear. I wasn't personally successful, but the average was 150 lbs., my brothers was the largest at 195 dressed and it looked huge on the ground.

who are you hunting with? I went a bunch of years ago, best advice I can give is to bring a real comfortable cushion to sit on.

I booked with Dan Woods from Woodys Guide service. I've never seen a bear in the woods while hunting so it's definately going to be tough to judge size. Dan has been sending me trail cam pics which are definetely a big help. He's also been getting a lot of moose on the cams as well. I'd love to see that while in my stand.

Woody has a good rep...have chatted with him at a few shows over the years while working them.

Thanks... I felt like he was being honest when speaking with him. He told me that he usually averages 7 to 8 bears for the 12 hunters in camp every year. I'm going up with my uncle and a friend so I'm hoping at least one of us comes home with a bear...hopefully it's me! Lol