Robbed again

YFKI1983

nope not at all times... they have a lock thru the action but have a loaded mag ready to roll laying on the gun rack so all i gotta do is unlock and go... shotgun i gotta load the shells seperate... and yes i do tend to check out my guns before shooting, just not EVERY time

doc show me anywhere where its legal to set any kinda of trap like a nail board, cause if that's legal why stop with nail boards, how about punji pits, maybe a few doors covered by a shotgun that fires when the door opens

Then I suppose a trip wire detonated Claymore is out ... ???

REDNECK HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1. Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo
magazine.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that read:

Hey Bubba,
Big Jim, Duke and Slim and I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls - they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the cabin.  Better wait outside til I get back.

Cooter

• 2 weeks later...

you're correct when the property is not fenced in. but if somebody hurts themselves by going "above and beyond" to enter your property you can get off the hook. But I still wouldn't do it, especially if it kills someone.

I would be careful with that.

By setting a trap, you are creating a "known dangerous condition" on the property. While the perp may be prosecuted for trespassing, you could still find yourself facing criminal or civil charges for setting the trap. Fence or no. Setting a trap is "pre-meditated" and an attempt to harm or kill someone. If someone is simply trespassing, you are not allowed to use "deadly force."

I am not a lawyer, but everything I have read on the topic of posting and trespassing confirms this. Allowing a "dangerous condition" to exist is bad, creating one with the intent to harm others is just asking for big trouble.

Someone broke in and stole $30 of copper pipe. You retaliate by setting up a trap which seriously injures, maims or kills them. You don't stand a chance in court.

Let's say someone broke into your home in NY and was simply trying to steal your TV and run out the door. You catch them in the act and shoot them in the kneecap. You are pretty much guaranteed a criminal trial and a very expensive civil suit. A trap that doesn't discriminate between someone with mal intent and someone who is simply lost has to increase your liability.

Let's say someone broke into your home in NY and was simply trying to steal your TV and run out the door. You catch them in the act and shoot them in the kneecap. You are pretty much guaranteed a criminal trial and a very expensive civil suit. A trap that doesn't discriminate between someone with mal intent and someone who is simply lost has to increase your liability.

In your homw with a robbery in progess is one of the specified times for justifiable use of deadly force. In your home in NY there is no duty to retreat. And I would work on your aim a bit...lol. Knee cap. The point is valied for a civil case though since anyone can sue for just about anything in the Peoples' Republic of New York. That is another argument for center of mass as opposed to knee caps.

what if a scumbag burglar breaks into a cabin, through a window. Assuming that the cabin's interior is a little on the dark side, the scum finds himself tangled up in a bunch of loose barbed wire that was stored in the cabin, at ankle level, for later use around the property. As he tries to free himself he gets more and more tangled up. In a panic, he stumbles  for the door and trips over a strand of 100lb test fishing line that was tied between two studs and was being used to mark a spot for an up and coming remodel. The trip  causes the scumbag to fall, face first into an open box of antique broken glass & rusted nails. As he rips the front door open, to get out, a bucket filled with a solution of vinegar  and salt ( which was left to repel moths) falls from the top of the door jamb and douses his freshly cut face. As he runs from the cabin, screaming in pain & wrapped in barbed wire that is tearing into his flesh he runs onto a dirt road where he is struck by a logging truck which knocks him off into the woods where a bear humps his almost dead body and then eats him. 

Thats not the cabin owners fault is it?????

what if a scumbag burglar breaks into a cabin, through a window. Assuming that the cabin's interior is a little on the dark side, the scum finds himself tangled up in a bunch of loose barbed wire that was stored in the cabin, at ankle level, for later use around the property. As he tries to free himself he gets more and more tangled up. In a panic, he stumbles  for the door and trips over a strand of 100lb test fishing line that was tied between two studs and was being used to mark a spot for an up and coming remodel. The trip  causes the scumbag to fall, face first into an open box of antique broken glass & rusted nails. As he rips the front door open, to get out, a bucket filled with a solution of vinegar  and salt ( which was left to repel moths) falls from the top of the door jamb and douses his freshly cut face. As he runs from the cabin, screaming in pain & wrapped in barbed wire that is tearing into his flesh he runs onto a dirt road where he is struck by a logging truck which knocks him off into the woods where a bear humps his almost dead body and then eats him. 

Thats not the cabin owners fault is it?????

the bear would be labeled a nuisance bear that is a danger to humans and DEC would track it down and kill it...........