ANyone have any luck in Region 4?

Tail_Hnt

3 days of hunting saw about 20 does but not a single buck.  Kinda weird for the place I hunt.  Never have seen that many deer and usually see around a 50-50 mix of does and bucks. 

Hopefully it will be good when the rut finally kicks in in 4F.  No rutting ativity yet at all!

• 4 weeks later...

Downed a 5 pointer opening morning about 8:35 am in Schoharie county was the only buck seen all day and we walked up on two does on our way in but the spotted us first. I know of at least 2 13 pointers and a 6 pointer taken in herkimer county . Rut Seems to be still pretty active the schoharie area.

I hunted Greene county (4r) all last week and i was able to take a decent 8  with the bow on tuesday.  After that i was out filming my brother and the action just stopped completely.  I guess the warm weather and the moon had them moving at night.  Opening day i shot a nice buck but wasnt able to find him which im still upset about.  My brother shot a nice 5 point and my friend shot a big 8 on sunday morning.  This weekend im going up to my friends in Chenango County to try and take one of the monters that he has been seeing on his property.  Good luck to everybody that will be out this weekend. It should be a good one with the colder weather coming in.

My Buck

DSC03863.jpg

My brothers 5 pt

joegun5.jpg

Friends 8pt

Dennis_s20820450x338.jpg

John

Whats up everyone new member on board just wanted to share my hunting notes for the opener of 2010. Opening day saw 8 deer which one was a decent basket 6pt chasing a doe at full throttle around 145, I stay out from dark to dark on opening days. On sunday i decided to go to a different spot and which would also be my first time hunting out of my new ladder stand which is set up on top of a deep ditch. I was on stand by 545 saw 2 deer running around 630 then saw 3 does about an hour later which i wont shoot until later in season, then at 810 heard something to my back of my left side which is perfect for a right handed shooter and saw another doe moving at a steady pace, then saw movement from the corner of my eye about 40 yards behind her which couldnt see what it was right away after a few seconds there he apeard with some nice head gear, which i imediatley aimed my 7mm and droped him on the spot. He's a 6pt that was taken in 4g in schoharie county that dressed at 1

All summer I scouted a decent 9pt on my hunting property along with a wide 6. All bow season all I was in range of shooting were spikes. The first day of rifle I counted 15 does ! Sure enough when I got home my ole' man is there  sipping a beer and admiring the 9 pt hanging down that he shot ! Going up for the holidays so I'm going to check out some other properties and even some DEP land nearb...

No pictures just yet however on my property in 4F my dad took a hefty 3 pointer that firld dressed 115 lbs. (shot at 7:30 am) and my uncle took a real nice 8 pointer that field dressed 140 lbs, he was very light on the scale and I think the light weight was do in part to alot of chasing / breeding he did in the area (shot at 9:00am). Both bucks were taken on 11/21. The 8 pointer was tending four does when he got shot, an hour earlier my uncle missed a 4 pointer in the same exact spot that was with 3 does. No luck for me so far in about three days of gun hunting I saw 10 does, no bucks. Continued Good luck to all.

I just got back from hunting in 4F since opening day until today.  It was the worst hunting week i've had at my property. The only thing taken was a beautiful blonde coyote and a doe.  I've seen a lot of scrapes but no bucks.  I didn't even see one doe and I went out every morning and every night for 5 days. Nobody on my road seen much of anything either.  Very frustrating when you don't see anything.

I just got back from hunting in 4F since opening day until today.  It was the worst hunting week i've had at my property. The only thing taken was a beautiful blonde coyote and a doe.  I've seen a lot of scrapes but no bucks.  I didn't even see one doe and I went out every morning and every night for 5 days. Nobody on my road seen much of anything either.  Very frustrating when you don't see anything.

Had a horrible time hunting season in 4F, bow and rifle.  Did you have a bad bow as well?

The rut never really seemed to have happened at all.