No Contract Cell Phone Plans?

Cabin Fever

Toying with the idea on pulling the plug on Verizon Wirele$$. Looking to hear some experiences with some of the No Contract cell phone plans (T-mobile, cricket, straight talk, etc...)? Need data, talk, and text. I've heard good things about Straight Talk, until you need to deal with customer service and you can't talk to anyone that speaks.... shall we say.... "fluent" English.

Anyone with first hand experience?

Just research the towers those cell providers use as their backend and make sure you get coverage in your area.

Checkout this lifehacker article.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-find-the-best-prepaid-plan-and-ditch-your-contra-485042945

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Good article. Thanks.

The survey that they did on twitter said that T-mobile was the best. I did a google search on T-mobile reviews and haven't read of any happy/satisfied customers! Sheesh!! Really haven't read of any happy customers with any of the other carriers either. I need 4 phones, so I'd be paying about the same amount of $ each month, just wouldn't have the contract. Might have to stick with Verizon after all...

My niece has T mobile and hates it. Someone at work has the straight talk and says its good where another person has nothing but trouble with it. I have never had a issue with Verizon's bill, or phones. I have had the same number like 5 yrs.

I actually just researched this. We needed a phone at work in a remote building for emergencies only. The pay as you go phones do require you call or text at least a few times a month, and also charge you a minimum fee. So they're not exactly as "free" as they seem. the best I found was the trac phone.

I actually just researched this. We needed a phone at work in a remote building for emergencies only. The pay as you go phones do require you call or text at least a few times a month, and also charge you a minimum fee. So they're not exactly as "free" as they seem. the best I found was the trac phone.

if it's for emergencies, I would think you'd like to check it a few times a month anyway to make sure it's working properly, so that should take care of the minimum use requirement.