this season I will be using

apoallo

My Glasses!!! 4 years ago I got glasses and never wore them because I was able to see the frames and felt like I had tunnel vision because of them. Therefore I never wore them. well My eyes have strained enough to the point that I went to another doctors office for contacts last week and I explained this feeling to her and see looked at the glasses on my face and said. " no wonder, these frames are made for youth!!!'"they don't fit your head." so She helped me find a nice pair that fits and the difference is incredible. !! Will be using them this year. maybe Everything will be more crisper in the woods

• Like 2

Should probably go with the contacts anyway. I'm struggling with this same problem, but not yet NEED glasses but would definitely benefit from them. All my hunting buddies ALWAYS spots game before I do. They probably pity me and allow me to shoot once in a while.

Edited by shawnhu

Welcome to trying to see through fogged lenses and a constant aray of stuff in your field of veiw. Enjoy lol

Contacts always seemed to give me issues, especially in the wind and cold days. Some day I plan on getting lasered.

I wore glasses for a few years... i HATED em!!!! now ive got contacts and LOVE em!!!

Ive never had trouble with mine...

and there is no WAY i could hunt without one or the other... my left eye is -4.25 and my left is -5.25 if that gives any of you guys w corrective wear an idea of my perscription... i ruined my eyes by straining them like crazy when i was younger (HINT: Im a bookworm) hopefully i can get lasik by the time im 20 something...

Thanks for the reminder, i need to get more contacts, almost out.

just got a 6 mo supply the other day :)

• Like 1

Other than dealing with rain / snow on the lenses hunting with glasses has never bothered me. I do like the lenses that darken up as the sun gets brighter (photogrey ?). Lasik is probably the ultimate solution, I'm just a little afraid of any sort of eyeball procedure.

Apollo, are you a bow hunter? I have a terrible time wearing glassed while shooting my bow. the point of impact is so much different between having the galsses ona nd having them off. if you are already sighted in don't be surprised to see the POI change for you shooting with them on. glasses will have light refraction when looking through at an angle throgh the lense. I use to wear contacts for archery and it wan't a problem then. also no fogging.

Other than dealing with rain / snow on the lenses hunting with glasses has never bothered me. I do like the lenses that darken up as the sun gets brighter (photogrey ?). Lasik is probably the ultimate solution, I'm just a little afraid of any sort of eyeball procedure.

I believe they're call transition lens.

I went with Lasiks and it was the best decision I ever made but I would higher recommend you don't skimp on it.  Pay extra for the best doc you can find.  You only have one set of eyes.

apoallo - Why not buy some disposable contacts and just wear them when you go hunting.  Leave the rest in the packaging when you're not hunting.  That'll allow you to drag a batch through the whole season and more depending on how often you go.

Back in the day when I used a climber,I went up the tree got settled and took my glasses off to wipe the sweat off my face,well you guessed it my glasses fell off my lap.Now here it is still pretty dark so down I go takes like half an hour to find them now the suns up I turn around and all I see are antlers,Never expecting to see a deer I have a nice buck 40yards behind me and no gun left it on the hook still unloaded of course.Well that did it for me contacts always when I am hunting..

apoallo - Why not buy some disposable contacts and just wear them when you go hunting. Leave the rest in the packaging when you're not hunting. That'll allow you to drag a batch through the whole season and more depending on how often you go.

I was going to buy them originally but when I found out how much I have to pay out of pocket I changed my mind. In sure ill do just fine with te glasses if not then ill just go to the old way and take them off