Asking Permission

ItalianHunter5

The hick comment wasn't aimed towards you, but if the shoe fits....

We've had disagreements, and I was fine with that. Now you're just itching to bring this to another level. I've made no insults towards you, but you've made a point to clearly continue. You had the chance to drop things when the thread was closed, and now bring your personal issues to yet another thread. Next thing you know, you'll be blaming me for derailing the thread, oh too late. I see the picture. But you mistaken that picture for your .... I better not. You might really start crying.

that's all i needed to read to know more about my buddy phade.

what are you even talking about? Where did I say I did any of those things? is reading really that hard for you? I clearly stated my friends father several times... And yes, I'm impressed with myself thank you very much. And yes the "hick" bashing is a touchy spot for me. I grew up in the sticks, proud of it, made something of myself and don't take a dime from the government. intelligence and hard work comes from all walks of life and all the crevices of the country.

oh and you left your webcam on. i took this screenshot of you reading

kl_reading_2.gif

Wait, you haven't heard that I lead a major program for a company on the Fortune list with revenues of $2.5B. Or that I come from the stix, the second in my family with a B.S., and the first with an MS/MBA with a concentration in Strategic Leadership, or that I'm LSS belted. Or that I've been published in local, state, and national outdoors magazines with more than 200 article byline credits to my name. Seriosuly dude, get over yourself. Everyone should be proud of where they come from, but you took a joke (clearly a joke) and went ballistic trying to measure/justify/rationalize yourself. Everyone puts their pants on the same way. If you loosened up the boys a bit, your voice wouldn't squeek so high. Face it, you need to chillax.

sooo, what's the best way to ask permission to hunt someone's land?

Wait, you ask? I just show up in my torn suspenders playing the Deliverance song on my fiddle, let them know I'm a Wayner, and that they best not be hunting on their property cuz we comin' tru.

Sorry, Belo. Gotta kick the dog once in a while.

I know nothing of these high dollar businesses of which you speak, but I did stay at a Marriot last night soo....

Belo I know Phade well enough to confirm with certainty that he was breaking chops, even if you didn't read it that way.  Internet postings can be misinterpretted.  He is as also hick as they come.  lol  Thus, its like me telling Italian jokes - won't mention what Phade said when I was dropping a deer filled bloody body bag in my cadillac last year.

He also does have great success in getting permission to hunt lands.  I won't claim to know how, but since I tag along at times, I know its true.  Speaking of which, stop the forum fighting and nail down that last parcel Phade.

That said, everyone needs to loosen up a bit.  Its a hunting forum for goodness sake.

I can offer a few suggestions on how not to gain permission, not from experience but for obvious reasons........don't ask the day before the season opens, don't bother a farmer or landowner when they are obviously busy, don't knock on someone's door around dinner time, don't show up in hunting clothes or looking like a slob or with a car load of hunting buddies, don't ask after you've been sitting in front of their property glassing deer for 20 minutes before asking....whether letters, emails or face to face are better options, are all decided by the person you are asking.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

Only the NEW YORK hunting site would have as many lawyers on it as it does other professions. It wasn't so much the deer and bag, it was the two streaks of blood that ran down the outside of the caddy trunk. It just looked....wrong with a big Italian driving.

Belo, what does a Wayne County engineer build? Popsicle stick houses? Macaroni necklaces? Bwahaha. Ever read the Times of Wayne County? I swear that thing is like someone took a page out of West Virginia, Alabama, and combined them together with stories that couldn't be made up because they are so fabulous. I don't even have a stop light in my town...stuff like that just comes with the territory. Similar things can be said from my hometown.

Did you hear that they have raised the minimum drinking age in Wayne County to 32? It seems they want to keep alcohol out of the high schools.

How do you know when you're staying in a Wayne County hotel? When you call the front desk and say, "I gotta leak in my sink," and the clerk replies, "Go ahead."

Ok, Belo, seriously I'm done. Just relax. No need to defend where you come from. Just embrace it. Something to be said about making your own path when many from the same area never do. Just don't feel bad when people joke about it...if you can't laugh about the idiocy (and yourself) then you should learn how to. It makes life a bit more enjoyable.

Edited by phade

Only the NEW YORK hunting site would have as many lawyers on it as it does other professions. It wasn't so much the deer and bag, it was the two streaks of blood that ran down the outside of the caddy trunk. It just looked....wrong with a big Italian driving.

Belo, what does a Wayne County engineer build? Popsicle stick houses? Macaroni necklaces? Bwahaha. Ever read the Times of Wayne County? I swear that thing is like someone took a page out of West Virginia, Alabama, and combined them together with stories that couldn't be made up because they are so fabulous. I don't even have a stop light in my town...stuff like that just comes with the territory. Similar things can be said from my hometown.

Did you hear that they have raised the minimum drinking age in Wayne County to 32? It seems they want to keep alcohol out of the high schools.

How do you know when you're staying in a Wayne County hotel? When you call the front desk and say, "I gotta leak in my sink," and the clerk replies, "Go ahead."

Ok, Belo, seriously I'm done. Just relax. No need to defend where you come from. Just embrace it. Something to be said about making your own path when many from the same area never do. Just don't feel bad when people joke about it...if you can't laugh about the idiocy (and yourself) then you should learn how to. It makes life a bit more enjoyable.

Phade, those are good! Got any for us NYC folks?

Did you hear that they have raised the minimum drinking age in Wayne County to 32? It seems they want to keep alcohol out of the high schools.

How do you know when you're staying in a Wayne County hotel? When you call the front desk and say, "I gotta leak in my sink," and the clerk replies, "Go ahead."

Ok, Belo, seriously I'm done. Just relax. No need to defend where you come from. Just embrace it. Something to be said about making your own path when many from the same area never do. Just don't feel bad when people joke about it...if you can't laugh about the idiocy (and yourself) then you should learn how to. It makes life a bit more enjoyable.

you posted 3 times since i left work. asking me to relax each time... I don't get it. Was I secretly still posting and being upset? Were you not busy enough being published and credited? Were not enough people hanging from your nuts for your literary prowess? so chilax with your "googled rural jokes" :gamer:

I'm sorry that I took your "joke" out context, I do feel like you and I are mostly on the same page but read that joke wrong and again was a little put off that you slammed me for "trying to help another member out". So please forgive me oh holy one for not being able to tell when someone switches from angry to joking. But it's clear that you have small penis disease as well as you felt the need to post your "credentials".

We need to all agree sometimes that every hunter has different things that work for him or her and there not all cookie cuter methods. I believe we dove into this a little with hunting buck beds? So we can agree that we're both successful hicks and call it a day?

you posted 3 times since i left work. asking me to relax each time... I don't get it. Was I secretly still posting and being upset? Were you not busy enough being published and credited? Were not enough people hanging from your nuts for your literary prowess? so chilax with your "googled rural jokes" :gamer:

I'm sorry that I took your "joke" out context, I do feel like you and I are mostly on the same page but read that joke wrong and again was a little put off that you slammed me for "trying to help another member out". So please forgive me oh holy one for not being able to tell when someone switches from angry to joking. But it's clear that you have small penis disease as well as you felt the need to post your "credentials".

We need to all agree sometimes that every hunter has different things that work for him or her and there not all cookie cuter methods. I believe we dove into this a little with hunting buck beds? So we can agree that we're both successful hicks and call it a day?

Oh please, me listing my credentials...if you can't see that was also done jokingly...I don't think anyone here but you was trying validate their position in life. Anything I said in that fashion was said as a joke and to showcase that you are not unique in coming from a rural area and actually breaking any socio-economic barriers. Face it, you and me are a dime a dozen...plenty of relatively successful people from small towns. That we can easily agree on.

You still can't seem to take jokes well. Maybe because you get beat on so much by people here? I don't know. And you are still a dweeb for not agreeing with me on buck beds, lol.  

I grew up in the stix, according to many city people. I grew up in Putnam County. I too, am successful. Can I join this thread?

By the way, what top 5 company in the world is in Wayne County? Mobil, Walmart....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I grew up in the stix, according to many city people. I grew up in Putnam County. I too, am successful. Can I join this thread? By the way, what top 5 company in the world is in Wayne County? Mobil, Walmart.... Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

He lives in Wayne County and never said he worked in Wayne County . I live in Wayne County and worked in Monroe County ( Xerox - Webster ) as many do and did . It sure beats city living .

He lives in Wayne County and never said he worked in Wayne County . I live in Wayne County and worked in Monroe County ( Xerox - Webster ) as many do and did . It sure beats city living .

I don't live in the city, if that was your point. He said he works for a top 5 company. There are only 5 in the top 5, so why not just come out and say it. Walmart, Mobil, Chevron, whoever else makes up the top 5.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I grew up in the stix, according to many city people. I grew up in Putnam County. I too, am successful. Can I join this thread? By the way, what top 5 company in the world is in Wayne County? Mobil, Walmart.... Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Mobil to my knowledge has a subsidiary lab in Wayne Co.

Putnam, sheesh, that's might as well be NYC for our context. Ha.

Oh please, me listing my credentials...if you can't see that was also done jokingly...I don't think anyone here but you was trying validate their position in life. Anything I said in that fashion was said as a joke and to showcase that you are not unique in coming from a rural area and actually breaking any socio-economic barriers. Face it, you and me are a dime a dozen...plenty of relatively successful people from small towns. That we can easily agree on.

You still can't seem to take jokes well. Maybe because you get beat on so much by people here? I don't know. And you are still a dweeb for not agreeing with me on buck beds, lol.  

i take jabs very well from people i know. and like you know, it's hard to decipher insult from joke through type. other than a few trolls I've felt very few "beatings"

for privacy reasons i'm not going to mention the company. However, I do not interface with "the public" or work in retail. and a quick google search shows i'm now in the top 10. we've been booted :( haha

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/

this.

Edited by Belo

Working at a top fortune 500 company doesn't really mean anything.  Not saying anything about anyone.  Just saying you can't really use that as an argument.  I've meet some pretty dim people who are in big companies simply because they know a few people and I've meet some really intelligent people working in small boutique firms and startups.  Just saying.  I've had the privilege of sharing a couple of beers with a fine individual who graduated from one of the top high schools in the country, then graduated from Harvard, went on to serve in the Army in Iraq, then came back to startup his own not-for-profit group.  Far from a fortune 500 company but one of the smartest guys you'll meet.

• Like 1

Working at a top fortune 500 company doesn't really mean anything. Not saying anything about anyone. Just saying you can't really use that as an argument. I've meet some pretty dim people who are in big companies simply because they know a few people and I've meet some really intelligent people working in small boutique firms and startups. Just saying. I've had the privilege of sharing a couple of beers with a fine individual who graduated from one of the top high schools in the country, then graduated from Harvard, went on to serve in the Army in Iraq, then came back to startup his own not-for-profit group. Far from a fortune 500 company but one of the smartest guys you'll meet.

Totally agree with that.

I never said they all stayed there, i said the use the property as its the only route between their primary food source and bedding areas

Unless the person prefers a letter.

I have rights from plenty of lands where a letter was the means of contact. One gentleman owned a financial consulting business catering to high-income clients in Cleveland. I sent him a nice letter and he called me back granting permission because the letter "stunned" him as it was nice to know there's a hunter out there who's educated and can talk business. His ground has turned out to be my best Ohio property. One my FIL killed his first deer on in darn near 40 years of hunting. He let me know that he never lets others on but was so impressed that I wrote a letter he could understand, he felt I would be respectful of his property.

I knew writing a letter to him would be the right choice and it worked out well. I have numerous other similar access stories from letters. Same with calls. Same with knocks on doors.

No one method is the best universally.

Knowing the info you did was a great tactic on that case. Well done. I don't know about 14 acres holding 130, a ten, and other bucks, but still. Usually that many bucks holding on a property means there is a fence around it, lol. Most people have trouble holding deer on a square mile property let alone 14 acres. Either way, it was planned and execture to perfection. Keep treating him right.

I never said they all stayed there, i said the use the property as its the only route between their primary food source and bedding areas

You used the term hold. But, it's also minutia at this point. It's a good find.