Oh boy...ya never...

growalot

know when it will happen...but I'm counting blessings yet again...yesterday I was walking along in the woods and I heard the snap behind me...instinct has taught me to cross my forearms behind my neck  and tuck as close to the nearest tree as possible....stopping to look back could kill ya it happens so fast...in a split second I was pile drove by a sapling that broke off half way up......It hit along the side of my spine just under my shoulder blade ....knocking the wind out of me....took me a few moments to even stand up straight....shook it off and went about my business...but this a.m.'s shooting gave me a hefty reminder...right now it hurts to breath too deeply...there isn't a bruise to my amazement...but I'm now wondering if I don't have a cracked rib....Lord help me...it's just one accident after another...I thank him for a sense of humor..because it's just too much to be anything but stupid funny...Thankfully it didn't hit my neck or squarely on my spine...or wrists for that matter....

Remember ppl the sky can fall....and be careful

Ya know Sits....That's the truth...and when there has been a heavy snow...but really not much wind or breeze when this happened....just timing I guess...I think all the rain and then those hot dry days we just got has really rotted the dead wood...I know I can't keep up with the natural ground blinds and the fences this year seems they drop a half to a foot a month from rot...ma nature cleaning house I suppose...

Did you look up to see if Mr.B was in that tree?  Or if the limb was sawed half through?  Just kidding but I know how you feel, I got wacked last year twice, once while cutting down a big dead oak a limb broke loose and wacked me on the head, then once skidding logs out a branch out of a pine on the log road wacked me on the shoulder.  That one hurt, the other the helmet saved me from getting knocked out.  Chainsaw chaps and helmet, never saw without them!  Be safe!

Something I have been taking note of lately is the number of chunks of broken branches that I have found stuck into the ground. I'm talking about chunks of tree-branch that are 2' or longer, about 3 inches or bigger in diameter and are stuck into the ground about 6" or more. Imagine getting hit by one of those. It would have to penetrate a skull or other body part. I maintain a series of ATV trails up the hill and I seem to be constantly tugging these things out of the ground. I don't know where they develop such a force (whether its wind or just gravity), but I sure wouldn't want to be standing there when they land.

• Like 3