Hunting Buddy for a Younger Hunter

ghug92

Hey guys, don't really know if this is in the right topic but I am looking for a hunting partner in albany county. I am 18 and neither of my parents or relatives hunt. My current hunting buddy is very busy this year and might not be able to hunt. If there was anyone that could help me out or lead me in the right direction, that would be awesome! I also love to video tape so if you just want a video recorder man, I can do that too! Thanks a lot!

I'll help you hunt that deer in your avatar pic. Is that in Albany County? I hunt in Berne a bit.

Aahaha yes that is right in my backyard, sadly it is a little too close to other houses, but I do have access to hunt the woods only a few hundred feet from there! He is still alive too! That's where I hunt with my other hunting buddy, but as I said, he is quite busy.

If your parents are not okay with you hunting alone are you sure they're fine with you hunting with a complete stranger you met on the internet?

That's actually a good point, but I'm just trying to go with my gut and trust the people on here. Besides, my parents aren't helping me find another person to go with, so I'm down to my last resort!!

You're probably better off making a map of where you hunt, your access trails and times you plan to go. If it's close proximity to your family's land use a 2 way radio with an ear piece to check in. That's what we did growing up and it worked fine. If it becomes an issue of tracking after the kill or dragging out then I'd suggest you continue to search within your circle first.

Are you looking for gun hunting, bow hunting or both? Elmer and I meet up once or twice a season and would be happy to have you come along.

I can't offer a full time spot on the crew but I can offer help tracking, dragging, setting up, ect. I work in Guilderland but live an hour north of here. Mean while Elmer lives an hour and a half south. Let us know.

Are you looking for gun hunting, bow hunting or both? Elmer and I meet up once or twice a season and would be happy to have you come along.

I can't offer a full time spot on the crew but I can offer help tracking, dragging, setting up, ect. I work in Guilderland but live an hour north of here. Mean while Elmer lives an hour and a half south. Let us know.

Thanks a lot! Yeah I don't have a bow yet but I do own a slug gun. I'd love to tag along some time! Thanks for the reply!

To bad your so far away, I'm almost 19 big into hunting, have leases and thousand or so acres to hunt , big into guiding. People for turkeys, I don't really have any one my age that's into the hunting as hard as I am, older friends tho, IV been hunting and doing it all my self since before I had a driving license, just fibbed a bit to mom said I was hunting with so and so blah blah, haha I'm pretty much a loner when it comes to deer , besides the occasional family.hunts, I do it all alone from permission ,to scouting to preparation, kill, drag, butcher, the whole 9 all alone I know where your coming from, but sometimes it makes thing easier, ever need advise IV prolly been,there done that , done alot of things most people haven't and I'm only 18 lol, like.i,said ever need any one to talk to , good luck this season bud

To bad your so far away, I'm almost 19 big into hunting, have leases and thousand or so acres to hunt , big into guiding. People for turkeys, I don't really have any one my age that's into the hunting as hard as I am, older friends tho, IV been hunting and doing it all my self since before I had a driving license, just fibbed a bit to mom said I was hunting with so and so blah blah, haha I'm pretty much a loner when it comes to deer , besides the occasional family.hunts, I do it all alone from permission ,to scouting to preparation, kill, drag, butcher, the whole 9 all alone I know where your coming from, but sometimes it makes thing easier, ever need advise IV prolly been,there done that , done alot of things most people haven't and I'm only 18 lol, like.i,said ever need any one to talk to , good luck this season bud

yeah wish i could help you out! Good luck to you too!