Malware

erussell

WNY I have done the rkill before but it was awhile ago.  I have malewarebytes on my computer that being said.  Do you have the step by step process.  I know I have to hit a f key when starting up to get it in safe mode then run those but just a little unsure of how to do it.  Any help would be great.

Sorry, I am so used to doing that stuff I forget not everybody knows.  ;) Here ya go...

1 - Download Rkill and save on your desktop

2 - Download Malwarebytes, install and update (if the spyware lets you)

3 - Reboot PC

4 - When PC starts powering back up, begin pressing F8 repeatedly until the boot choices menu comes up

5 - Select 'Safe Mode with Networking'

6 - Once you are at your desktop, run Rkill 3 to 4 times in a row (it will bring up a text file when it is done each time)

7 - If you couldnt install Malwarebytes before, do that now and run updates

8 - Disable System Restore (right click on My Computer Icon, choose Properties, then go to the System Restore tab and uncheck the box)

9 - Run full scan of Malwarebytes

10 - Remove all detected items and let it reboot

11 - Enable system restore once computer is booted back up

That should be it.

I got it too on Sat. Took over my AVG and Malware so and all other programs would not open.

Couldn't get on line either. Did a system restore, updated virus programs and ran AVG and Malware in safe mode a couple times. Stayed off here until today when I got brave.

I tried to get on the site Sat. morning and got a security warning, so I backed off and waited three hours and got it again. I tried late in afternoon and the site came on ok, I clicked on to a post that I wanted read and BANG it hit me (SECURITY TOOL) They try to put the fear of god in you. Don't buy into it. It took me all day Sun. to get out of it , but with a little from a friend we got it working ok. Still running slow, so I may need to  have it cleaned up by someone. I have virus protection.

erussell, check out (Black Sheep Computers on upper Court St. Phone-595 1311) They do good work and are fair and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.